• Brue
    User without title
    • Sep 29, 2005

0602180957b.jpg0602181020.jpg0602181021e.jpg0602181035.jpg0602181037.jpg

Comment

• Brue
      User without title
      • Sep 29, 2005

0602181037j.jpg0602181037o.jpg0602181038e.jpg0602181038f.jpg0602181038g.jpg

Comment

• Brue
        User without title
        • Sep 29, 2005

0602181038i.jpg0602181041d.jpg0602181043c.jpg0602181043f.jpg0602181043g.jpg

Comment

• Brue
          User without title
          • Sep 29, 2005

0602181044.jpg0602181044g.jpg0602181045c.jpg0602181105.jpg0602181108.jpg

Comment

• Brue
            User without title
            • Sep 29, 2005

0602181126.jpg0602181127.jpg0602181128.jpg0602181130.jpg0602181130c.jpg

Comment

• PNGwynne
              Master of Fowl Play
              • Jun 5, 2008

Those are great shots, I missed that whilst I was making up.
              WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Brue
                User without title
                • Sep 29, 2005

0602181132.jpg0602181133a.jpg0602181146_Burst01.jpg0602181408.jpg0602181408a.jpg

Comment

• Brue
                  User without title
                  • Sep 29, 2005

Originally posted by PNGwynne
                  Those are great shots, I missed that whilst I was making up.
                  I can't remember who is a Facebook friend. I posted different photos there, including there set of us stealing the Batmobile.
                  Attached Files

Comment

• UnderdogDJLSW
                    To Fear is Not Logical...
                    • Feb 17, 2008

Great pictures! Love seeing Marty signing the Jokermobile! It was a great pleasure to meet you in person!

Steve
                    It's all good!

Comment

• Brue
                      User without title
                      • Sep 29, 2005

I really need to stop dressing up. I absolutely love doing it, but it takes time away from other things.

I loved only driving 15 minutes each way.

I loved having all dealer tables in one room.

I loved seeing everyone. It is nice to see the return of the Ohio vally people who didn't make the trek to Chicago.

It was great that a local friend of mine went to his first Mego Meet. He loved it.

It was my first time getting a room at the Meet hotel which was convenient.

The pool was nice.

Parking and loading access were great (though I noticed those who wheeled needed to go the long way around)

The location of the suite was great. (But a little on the small side) - same with the room for talks. dinner, auction: great location/small

The work that Steve and others did to make it happen was awesome.

Custom contest was great!

Buffet dinner and custom awards were wonderful.

It turns out Canadians are good people.

Hotel staff was great. Breakfast (even complimentary lobby coffee): missing.

Deals to be had - SUPER!

Buyers: did not know how to haggle- 3 or 4 times people offered me my asking price and I had to say "ask me for less". Maybe it is me who doesn't understand haggling.

We hung out with Archie (ache), Martin (hedrap), Ed (Samnoir), and Mike (batmanmc), Paul (lasermego) and got time to talk with Roberto (dark lord) who helped with my lipstick mess, Steve M, other Steves, Art, Austin, Chad, Doc, the Boy (link/sean or shawn?), Derek, Brians H & L, Scott A, Scott M, PNGwyne, Toyman Chris, canadian chris, David Lee, Rachel and you (you should say - "why didn't you write my name" in this thread, because I meant to, but I have a bad memory of who I talked to and what names to put with what people.)
                      Last edited by Brue; Jun 4, '18, 7:29 AM.

Comment

• Brue
                        User without title
                        • Sep 29, 2005

The kids customs this year were superior to previous years. -Lily won last year and looks forward to it every year. She displayed the trophy in the Living room for the year and made sure we returned it. And it was Lily who really got the ball rolling for customs this year. She was no longer just along for the ride. She made sure others knew about it and encouraged them to create. We supplies a bunch of the fodder for custom bodies. Before starting she knew that the same kid should not win 2 years in a row and also knew after seeing the creations that it wouldn't be an issue anyway. Myra's custom was amazing. Cip's was inspired and well executed, Dean's was so on the money and deserving. Mari worked with what she had on the table in front of her and made a great Nebula. There were 4 more that showed up on the table that I didn't know were in the works from up and coming customizers that were SWEET! Lily decided to do a Mystique mid-change- and killed the paints. She also wanted to do a fat body joker. I supplied the body, suit and Kirk head and she did the paints. It is scary and on display in our kitchen with protests from Amanda. I had a headless body missing its lower legs -when it came to me that it looked like burning Anakin. I threw a John boy head on it, removed half an arm. put on a jacket and pants I had in the parts pile and cut and sewed the pants. Lily did the paints and ...burning Anakin.

Thanks to all of you who inspire, put on, and donate to this event.
                        David Lee, Random Axe, Steve Moore, Doc Mego, Gordies, Art, Sam Noir,...
                        Last edited by Brue; Jun 4, '18, 2:13 PM.

Comment

• hedrap
                          Permanent Member
                          • Feb 10, 2009

Between the customizing and Art, the girls had a great time. You and Lilly are a real hub point for the weekend, so like Art and Austin with Chicago, Columbus is a fitting locale.

I had no idea Penguin made an appearance! It must have been during my travails to the American Girl store...........

Thanks for everything. It was certainly well worth it!

Comment

• PNGwynne
                            Master of Fowl Play
                            • Jun 5, 2008

^I was a little off-schedule.
                            WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• samurainoir
                              Eloquent Member
                              • Dec 26, 2006

I can't even begin to tell you what a highlight it was to go for a joyride in the Jokermobile with you and Lilly. So much fun hanging out with you two.
                              My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎