X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Teemu
    Persistent Member
    • Dec 15, 2010

FTC Superfriends Re-do Sinestro

Finally have a SF Sinestro I can happily add to the Super-friends lineup. While this isn't perfect,it came out pretty good. Fully repainted! (Head,hands,Boots and leather Fabric and cuffs) Hand cut the leather parts from the FTC Sinestro original suit,made the star pointier and added to the Mattel retro suit. Added ring sculpt to S-type hand..... S-type body

100_8280.jpg100_8281.jpg100_8278.jpgHBLOD_LegionOfDoom_LOOSE_Sinestro.jpg
  • PNGwynne
    Master of Fowl Play
    • Jun 5, 2008

He looks very nice, good combination.
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Teemu
      Persistent Member
      • Dec 15, 2010

Group shot

100_8284.jpg100_8285.jpg

Comment

• toothaction
        Career Member
        • Jul 15, 2017

^ Superb! I love the fixes that you've performed here, and that gang all together makes my adult mind melt with delightful surges of childhood glee. Now you just need a LaserMego playset or two and I can die of vicarious happiness.
        >>> Looking for a few Bif Bang Pow! pretties. Please click to see if you can help!

Comment

• apes3978
          Permanent Member
          • Nov 19, 2005

Looks very good.. Cool group shot too...

Comment

• toothaction
            Career Member
            • Jul 15, 2017

I'm curious - were you just not satisfied with Black Manta and the recently issued Solomon Grundy, or have you just not picked 'em up yet?

Also, and maybe this is well-covered elsewhere, but do we know if plans are in place to bring commercial runs of Giganta and Gorilla Grodd into the world?
            >>> Looking for a few Bif Bang Pow! pretties. Please click to see if you can help!

Comment

• Teemu
              Persistent Member
              • Dec 15, 2010

Originally posted by toothaction
              ^ Superb! I love the fixes that you've performed here, and that gang all together makes my adult mind melt with delightful surges of childhood glee. Now you just need a LaserMego playset or two and I can die of vicarious happiness.
              Originally posted by apes3978
              Looks very good.. Cool group shot too...
              Thank you

I'm curious - were you just not satisfied with Black Manta and the recently issued Solomon Grundy, or have you just not picked 'em up yet?

Also, and maybe this is well-covered elsewhere, but do we know if plans are in place to bring commercial runs of Giganta and Gorilla Grodd into the world?

Waiting for Superfriends Black Manta,Grundy, Grodd and Hawkman. They have not been released yet.

Comment

• toothaction
                Career Member
                • Jul 15, 2017

Oh, and I forgot to mention Samurai - not into the toy, or simply on the shopping list?
                And Hawkman - still on FTC's docket?

Pardon, still trying to ketchup on all the ins and out of the modern Megoscape.

EDIT: Heh, I see you were busy answering my questions while I was typing out the new ones. Thanks!

Comment

• Teemu
                  Persistent Member
                  • Dec 15, 2010

Oh, and I forgot to mention Samurai - not into the toy, or simply on the shopping list?
                  And Hawkman - still on FTC's docket?

Pardon, still trying to ketchup on all the ins and out of the modern Megoscape.

EDIT: Heh, I see you were busy answering my questions while I was typing out the new ones. Thanks!
                  Only reason I passed on Samurai was his flesh tone wouldn't work on the S-type

Hawkman is coming as all the rest of the Superfriends are to finish that line

Comment

• PNGwynne
                    Master of Fowl Play
                    • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by Teemu
                    Only reason I passed on Samurai was his flesh tone wouldn't work on the S-type.
                    What? What did you do for El Dorado?

Just try tinting the Samurai head with dye.
                    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Teemu
                      Persistent Member
                      • Dec 15, 2010

Originally posted by PNGwynne
                      What? What did you do for El Dorado?

Just try tinting the Samurai head with dye.
                      Didn't get El Dorado because not a fan... you guys and your dye's...I would just repaint the head (mixing paints) to make it match the S-type.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                        Master of Fowl Play
                        • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by Teemu
                        Didn't get El Dorado because not a fan... you guys and your dye's...I would just repaint the head (mixing paints) to make it match the S-type.
                        lol You and your "S" bodies.

The advantage to dye is, quick, clean, durable, and doesn't obscure existing paints. It's excellent for tweaking vinyl skin tones.

You do nice paints, to each his own. You could repaint Samurai I guess.

Comment

Working...
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎