X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • hedrap
    Permanent Member
    • Feb 10, 2009

Snyder Leaves Justice League

Very, very sad. Simply put, he's leaving Justice League due to the death of his daughter...

The filmmaker's daughter died by suicide in March, prompting him to take a break from work and hire Joss Whedon to finish the Warner Bros. superhero pic: "I’ve decided to take a step back from the movie to be with my family, be with my kids, who really need me."

...and Joss Whedon is stepping in. This is all very tragic.
  • Random Axe
    The Voice of Reason
    • Apr 16, 2008

He's doing the right thing here. JL is just a film. He needs to be with his family. With everything in post production there's not a lot needed except an expert eye for any additional scenes added through reshoots. This is the best possible decision based on overwhelming circumstances.

And Joss is such a pro I bet he's able to ghost shoot to the point where anything added is seamless. I hope Snyder can find some peace.
    I almost had a psychic girlfriend but she dumped me before we met.

If anyone here believes in psychokinesis, please raise my hand.

Comment

• phil
      Persistent Member
      • May 11, 2007

The reason wasn't what I expected when I saw the Thread. Terrible, tragic news.

As far as the film goes Whedon's involvement is encouraging.

Comment

• emeraldknight47
        Talkative Member
        • Jun 20, 2011

This is tragic news for Snyder and his family and I can easily see his desire to step away from all the BS that he likely hears and reads on a daily basis. Neither his Man of Steel nor his BvS were perfect, but, for better or worse, he got them made and he's gotten the JL to a point where he feels he can entrust it to someone to see it through to the finish line and I can't think of anyone better suited to do that than Joss Whedon, who I'm sure will treat it as a child he's been made caretaker of.
        sigpic Oh then, what's this? Big flashy lighty thing, that's what brought me here! Big flashy lighty things have got me written all over them. Not actually. But give me time. And a crayon.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
          Verbose Member
          • Mar 7, 2004

Such a horrible thing to have to go through. We as fans often forget that these people who make these films are human beings. I know I shouldn't, but I retroactively feel like crud for giving the man such a hard time at the film making decisions he has made.

Chris
          sigpic

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
            Muddling through
            • Oct 4, 2008

how very tragic. my heart goes out to him and his family

Comment

• hedrap
              Permanent Member
              • Feb 10, 2009

This project has been going on forever.

In normal order and especially with Affleck as exec producer, he would have finished the shoot and nothing would have been publicized until the junkets...but Whedon was brought in now to "punch it up"? This is after all the page one rewrite and revisions Affleck/Terrio have been doing.

I'm guessing the full story is the WW grades blasted past Snyder's. Whedon, just like he did at Marvel, has been in WB's ear since he came on board for Batgirl. I don't buy for a second Snyder brought him in. So WB, which has been a never-ending tinkering nightmare, ordered another revision and Snyder couldn't cope with it anymore.

That would also explain why Roven, of all freakin people, is referring to Affleck's future Bat involvement as straightup iffy.

If Ben plays that character it’s going to touch some part of what we are doing. But I have no feeling whatsoever except positive that Matt loves Ben and the work that he has done as Batman, and Ben thinks that Matt is a really terrific filmmaker. I have every expectation that they are going to make a movie together.

Comment

• Hedji
                Citizen of Gotham
                • Nov 17, 2012

Not the way I wanted him to step out. My heart goes out to the man. I just cannot imagine the unbearable pain. Nobody deserves that.

Comment

• Hector
                  el Hombre de Acero
                  • May 19, 2003

I feel bad for him, especially for all the hate I've thrown at him in the past, but like you guys said...these are just movies, not real life tragedies.

My condolences to Snyder and his family.
                  sigpic

Comment

• The Bat
                    Batman Fanatic
                    • Jul 14, 2002

I do feel bad for Snyder and his family...truly sad.

That said...I now have so much more hope for The Justice League movie.
                    sigpic

Comment

• hedrap
                      Permanent Member
                      • Feb 10, 2009

Plot, thickening.

Joss Whedon was already working side by side with Zack Snyder when the latter had to step away from Justice League to deal with a family tragedy.

IOW - Wonder Woman tested way better than BvS. Snyder can't do ha-ha's. So now we want something frivolous ala Marvel, and no one does that better than Joss.

Comment

• The Bat
                        Batman Fanatic
                        • Jul 14, 2002

Interesting!
                        sigpic

Comment

• libby 1957dog
                          Persistent Member
                          • Sep 3, 2009

Comment

• Hector
                            el Hombre de Acero
                            • May 19, 2003

Hey, that Wonder Woman tribute music video was great, ha.

The first one is a close dead ringer for Lynda Carter...almost like a clone.

One of them looks like the actress who played Hawkgirl in Legends of Tomorrow...I wonder if that's really her...

I enjoyed it, thanks for posting that...

sigpic

Comment

• huedell
                              Museum Ball Eater
                              • Dec 31, 2003

I feel bad for people going through tragedies.

I'd feel worse if one of you Mego Museum guys had a family tragedy.

That said.... I am SO HAPPY Snyder is getting separated from JUSTICE LEAGUE.

From early reviews it's getting, WONDER WOMAN seems like a good follow-up to the fabulous event of Snyder's departure as far as what JUSTICE LEAGUE will ultimately end up being overall.

So...yeah.... hedrap points to a possible alt narrative here---and the overall tone is that y'all don't want to celebrate this too much?

Well, I do.

YAY!!!

Last edited by huedell; May 30, '17, 3:36 AM.
                              "No. No no no no no no. You done got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna'. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. I think I'll scoot over here right by this winda', let this beautiful carriage rock me to sleep, and dream about how lucky I am." - Chris Mannix

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎