• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Werewolf
    Inhuman
    • Jul 14, 2003

Nacelle retro Sectaurs figures.

Now we are talking! These look great.

You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...
  • Nostalgiabuff
    Muddling through
    • Oct 4, 2008

so does that mean Zica lost the license?

Comment

• PNGwynne
      Master of Fowl Play
      • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by Nostalgiabuff
      so does that mean Zica lost the license?
      I'm not sure it matters--Zica's well-designed Wave 2 of 4" Sectaurs did not achieve funding, and I wouldn't be surprised if the company has moved on.

But 4" might not necessarily compete with 7"? I'm never sure about licensing, considering FTC vs Mego.
      Last edited by PNGwynne; Aug 5, '22, 3:00 PM.
      WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• ODBJBG
        Permanent Member
        • May 15, 2009

Sectaurs is not that interesting of a property to me and I always feel like Nacelle has kinda bad intent. Like their heart isn’t it as much as it is they understand how to fleece collectors but maybe that’s just my vibe. Anyway the Zica figures are probably as good of figures as this property will ever get and honestly better than it deserved. Zica just can’t ever catch a break.

Comment

• Werewolf
          Inhuman
          • Jul 14, 2003

I always liked Sectaurs. The fantasy genre is kinda my thing. Sword & sorcery plus bug puppets? I'm there.

I wasn't crazy about the scale change of the Zica figures and I intensely disliked the buzzcut they gave Dargon. I'm glad Nacelle is not updating the designs and I think starting with the unreleased Stelara figure is a pretty cool move.
          You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• PNGwynne
            Master of Fowl Play
            • Jun 5, 2008

I'm a great fan of Sectaurs--have a full set of originals. Loaded with play value and well-designed. Coleco had a great concept for the line, it was perhaps the best of the MOTU knock-offs.

I welcome Stellara now, and I regretted 4" Dargon's 'do as well--but Zica put a huge effort into series 2 and had still more in the works. The support wasn't there, and perhaps that was due to scale. But I doubt that I can collect this Nacelle line along with new Megos and delectable MOTU Origins.
            Last edited by PNGwynne; Aug 5, '22, 7:17 PM.
            WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• palitoy
              live. laugh. lisa needs braces
              • Jun 16, 2001

The guys at Nacelle are giant fanboys; they've got some awesome stuff in the works.
              Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
              http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• powersthatbe
                Persistent Member
                • Sep 27, 2010

These are available for pre order now at their site. They are the popular 1:12th scale and not the retro 7 inch scale it seems.

Comment

Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎