Talkative Member
    • Jun 26, 2009

I like the way you think, sir.

Comment

• PNGwynne
      Master of Fowl Play
      • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by The Toyroom
      ^ The Leonard Nimoy character was a minor character so I can see why interest is low.
      Whatever happened to Henry Corwin/Santa, Maya the Cat-Girl, Five Characters in Search of An Exit that were shown as prototypes?
      Or Anthony Fremont, Marsha White? They've been made as 3 3/4". No interest in 8"?
      Exactly! Love 8" TZ, I so badly wanted those.
      WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• BifBangPow! JLabs
        Career Member
        • Dec 21, 2009

All good questions and suggestions. There were likeness rights issues on the original 8-inch figures we showed prototypes for which prevented us from going forward at the time. When we went back later and did the 3 3/4 inch line, we actually had to take out likeness and had to go out of our way to ensure that they didn't look anything like the actors or actresses who portrayed the characters. Thankfully that worked well in the retro 3 3/4 inch size and 5 points of articulation format. I'm not sure if this is the best approach to take with 8-inch figures, however. We've been rightfully criticized in the past for being off on a few of our head sculpts - when we attempted to make them look just like the actor or actress. Without the likeness rights, I'm not really sure how to bridge this gap. We would have to intentionally make them look "off" and not like the actors. At 8-inch scale, I think that would't really translate well.

Originally posted by PNGwynne
        Exactly! Love 8" TZ, I so badly wanted those.
        Co-founder, BifBangPow!
        bifbangpow.com
        twitter.com/bifbangpow

Comment

• PNGwynne
          Master of Fowl Play
          • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by BifBangPow! JLabs
          All good questions and suggestions. There were likeness rights issues on the original 8-inch figures we showed prototypes for which prevented us from going forward at the time. When we went back later and did the 3 3/4 inch line, we actually had to take out likeness and had to go out of our way to ensure that they didn't look anything like the actors or actresses who portrayed the characters. Thankfully that worked well in the retro 3 3/4 inch size and 5 points of articulation format. I'm not sure if this is the best approach to take with 8-inch figures, however. We've been rightfully criticized in the past for being off on a few of our head sculpts - when we attempted to make them look just like the actor or actress. Without the likeness rights, I'm not really sure how to bridge this gap. We would have to intentionally make them look "off" and not like the actors. At 8-inch scale, I think that would't really translate well.
          I appreciate the clarification. I just can't help feeling there were four more good Ventures and four more good TZs for those lines, but that's the fan in me.
          WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• drogge
            Career Member
            • Jul 24, 2009

Does this mean the end of any additional 8 inch retro figures from BBP? Are there other lincenses?

Comment

• BifBangPow! JLabs
              Career Member
              • Dec 21, 2009

Originally posted by drogge
              Does this mean the end of any additional 8 inch retro figures from BBP? Are there other lincenses?
              Maybe, maybe not. We want to put out GREAT product that customers want to buy. That's really the not-so-secret formula with us at this time. We absolutely love this format, and haven't forgotten about it. The license and characters have to completely fit, and the buyers have to show up to the party. We have to do our part to make fantastic sculpts and outfits and have learned this hard way over the years, so we are just pausing until the right fit comes along. As always, we are open for suggestions!
              Co-founder, BifBangPow!
              bifbangpow.com
              twitter.com/bifbangpow

Comment

• pmwasson
                Maker
                • Sep 12, 2007

How about Seth MacFarlane's "The Orville"?
                sigpic LaserMego

Comment

• The Bat
                  Batman Fanatic
                  • Jul 14, 2002

Originally posted by BifBangPow! JLabs
                  the buyers have to show up to the party. We have to do our part to make fantastic sculpts and outfits and have learned this hard way over the years, so we are just pausing until the right fit comes along. As always, we are open for suggestions!
                  Well, I'm glad you're paying attention. The "Buyers" will show up to the party if you get it right. I mean no insult, you guys do some good work. But things like OVER sized heads are a killer. I was prepared to buy your entire Battle Star Galactica line...but pass on it because of the Giant heads. Sorry
                  sigpic

Comment

• drogge
                    Career Member
                    • Jul 24, 2009

I think Lost in Space fits the format, Tomland remakes would be nice. How about come original monster, or alien figures?

Comment

• pmwasson
                      Maker
                      • Sep 12, 2007

I'm sure Star Wars figures would sell
                      sigpic LaserMego

Comment

• alex
                        Permanent Member
                        • Jun 15, 2009

Im surprised U Guys havent gone down the line of FTC, and started selling heads, cloths etc, Im sure there would be a few dollars in there, making it easier for new figures getting created? I think personally any interesting monsters would go down a treat, with minimum licensing. Saying that I would love "Alien" megos, for the alien I would just shrink down the kenner version, and sell him in a coffin box

Comment

• BifBangPow! JLabs
                          Career Member
                          • Dec 21, 2009

Originally posted by The Bat
                          Well, I'm glad you're paying attention. The "Buyers" will show up to the party if you get it right. I mean no insult, you guys do some good work. But things like OVER sized heads are a killer. I was prepared to buy your entire Battle Star Galactica line...but pass on it because of the Giant heads. Sorry
                          Fair enough point. Giant heads happened, but was corrected. Product released since then has had correct/ better proportions.
                          Co-founder, BifBangPow!
                          bifbangpow.com
                          twitter.com/bifbangpow

Comment

• BifBangPow! JLabs
                            Career Member
                            • Dec 21, 2009

Originally posted by pmwasson
                            I'm sure Star Wars figures would sell

Everyone has been trying to get this for many years!
                            Co-founder, BifBangPow!
                            bifbangpow.com
                            twitter.com/bifbangpow

Comment

• drogge
                              Career Member
                              • Jul 24, 2009

How about Clash of the Titans, or Lost in Space?

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎