X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • megowgsh
    Customego HoF Curator
    • Nov 19, 2003

The Human Flying Fish -- Nemesis of Aquaman

Vic Bragg was a swimming champion before turning to crime, with Dr. Krill, the brilliant medical doctor and marine biologist who had also turned to a life of crime for some unknown reasons. Dr. Krill surgically altered Bragg making him not only just amphibious, but able to take to the air for short periods of time with the aid of a special costume. After several months of recovery and training, Bragg began his career as the Human Flying Fish. Initially, Aquaman was indeed stymied by the Human Flying Fish's ability to escape into the air for a time, but he soon came up with clever ways to counter that advantage, and eventually captured both criminals.

HFF is built on a www.drmego.com swivel arm body; boots and belt from CTVT; head is a DC Direct Starman head enlarged, modified, and painted by me; his suit is by yours truly; and his glorious wings are by none other than www.lasermego.com.

Here he is with an original Type 1 Mego Aquaman and an original Mego Teen Titan Aqualad.

Once again, this custom would not exist without the help from Paul Wasson, aka Laser Mego, aka PMWasson. Please check out his site www.lasermego.com for a cornucopia if you will of wonderful custom Mego accessories. Thank you again Paul!

I hope you all enjoy my customs as much as I do, and, as always, thanks for looking.

Peace, Love, and Megos!

Austin
    Check out ALL my customs at https://www.facebook.com/megowgshcustoms
  • thunderbolt
    Hi Ernie!!!
    • Feb 15, 2004

Cool figure, Austin. This kind of super villainy is why Aquaman gets no respect.
    You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• ubermanx
      Career Member
      • Jul 3, 2013

Absolutely the LAST character I would have thought to make a custom of

Dr Krill ... bwah ha ha ha ... ya gotta love the Silver Age.

Brilliantly done as usual Austin!

- Marty

Comment

• hawkmike
        Persistent Member
        • Dec 15, 2003

I just saw this aquaman special comic with the flying fish on a shelf fri. when i was looking for a dvd ,i always like it because it had a lot a bunch of werid stories in it. Great custom! Do you have a special. program. to sort comb the internet for unusual villians..Again you are the master!!!!!!
        wanted mego arch reactor

Comment

• brineb
          Persistent Member
          • Aug 26, 2006

He looks great!!!
          I also play with other dolls:
          http://brineb.blogspot.com/

Comment

• PNGwynne
            Master of Fowl Play
            • Jun 5, 2008

WOW--I've been planning him for years (Aquaman's rouges gallery is small lol). Will PM.

So cool.
            WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• PNGwynne
              Master of Fowl Play
              • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by thunderbolt
              Cool figure, Austin. This kind of super villainy is why Aquaman gets no respect.
              Raspberries to you! In fairness, they did upgrade HFF a few years ago as a member of Trinity.
              WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• kisstour03
                • Feb 28, 2014

Really awesome figure. I love seeing customs of oddball characters.
                Toys and comics. My house isn't big enough. It's an addiction.

Comment

• Timothy2251
                  Jerks beef with Ten Bears
                  • Mar 15, 2008

Terrific job as always, Austin! Keep 'em coming!
                  "It's sad that governments are chiefed by the double tongues. There is iron in your words of death for all Comanche to see, and so there is iron in your words of life. No signed paper can hold the iron. It must come from men. The words of Ten Bears carries the same iron of life and death. It is good that warriors such as we meet in the struggle of life... or death. It shall be life."

Comment

• newlyknighted
                    Persistent Member
                    • Feb 21, 2010

Awesome custom Austin!!
                    I post in thy general direction!

Comment

• jimsmegos
                      Mego Dork
                      • Nov 9, 2008

Great figure!

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                        Verbose Member
                        • Mar 7, 2004

Someone notify Rob Kelly! Wait...I just did!

Great job, Austin. The Human Flying Fish appeared in the very first issue of the Super Friends comic, so there's another connection to some of the customs you've done.

Chris
                        sigpic

Comment

• hedrap
                          Permanent Member
                          • Feb 10, 2009

Why do I get the feeling you're trying to amass the largest amount of completed customs, by say, I dunno, early summer?

...and at this point, oven mitts are mandatory, even if it's only for one photo. I don't care if it's Werewolf By Night, you have a signature style to maintain!

Comment

• Cosmicman
                            Permanent Member
                            • Jul 12, 2005

OGME stamp of approval. I love this. King of obscure villains! You rock!
                            More custom Mego madness on Facebook right here...

Comment

• pmwasson
                              Maker
                              • Sep 12, 2007

Looks great! Nice to see an Aquaman villian.
                              sigpic LaserMego

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎