X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS
    Museum Robot
    • May 9, 2007

5 Awesome things on eBay this week

Japanese Big Jim- I don't know it is but I have this predilection for American toys in Japanese packaging, Big Ken (he got a name change) is no exception, just something so cool about those characters.

Space Warrior Pencil Tops- Gah! I love Copyright infringement, especially when they mix properties like this, it's the Eagle from Space:1999 mincing with the Shogun Warriors and R2-D2. Who didn't love stuff like this as a kid?

Wonder Woman Sunglasses by Nasta- I love the gorgeous 1980s card artwork on this and kudos to Nasta to making the emblem so prominent.

Star Trek AstroTank by Remco- I've been obsessed with the late 1960s Star Trek toys by Remco since i was a teen, they have nothing to do with the show in way, shape or form but dammit Jim! I love them.

Bionic Woman Beach Towel- I really want to collect beach towels but i have no idea how to display them, they're wonderful however and as per the example above, rather reasonable all things considered.

For more Fashion Mockery and 70's toy love visit us at Plaid Stallions.com

More...
  • rche
    channeling Bob Wills
    • Mar 26, 2008

I recall having quite a few of the space warriors type pencil toppers as a kid. Shoguns versus R2 , So awesome indeed.

Comment

• LardLad
      Museum Patron
      • Mar 13, 2012

I remember being deeply puzzled by the Remco Star Trek stuff as a kid. I was plagued by the suspicion that there were a bunch of Star Trek episodes I hadn't seen, in which Mr. Spock wore the Astro Helmet and Scotty drove the Astro Tank...

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
        Verbose Member
        • Mar 7, 2004

Cindy and I visited a Toys R' Us that was closing in 1998 or so. A pair of those Super Powers Wonder Woman sunglasses were still on the shelf, for less than a buck! Needless to say, she bough them.

Chris
        sigpic

Comment

• B-Lister
          Eccentric Weirdo
          • Mar 19, 2010

Another amazing crop of ebay goodness
          Looking for Green Arrow accessories, Doctor Who Sonic Screwdriver, and Japanese Popy Megos (Battle Cossack and France, Battle of the Planets, Kamen Rider, Ultraman) and World Heroes figures

Comment

• scott metzger
            Persistent Member
            • Jul 9, 2007

Horrible Hamilton and his toy line want their tank back!

Comment

• Megotastrophe
              Permanent Member
              • Jun 29, 2018

The Star Trek box..Based on the exciting NBC series... Ok the box and the stickers are based on the series...

Comment

Working...
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎