X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dark Shadow
    Creature Of The Night
    • May 14, 2011

Originally posted by Confessional
    ^^ No defense needed… I was just havin' fun with the silliness of our silliness.

Now that prices are ticking up to $22/$40 (EE), do ya think pre-orders will slow/fall out of favor?
    Apologies! It's the accountant in me (Analysis Questioned = Detailed Supporting Documentation Promptly Provided).

I'm not great at predicting collectible consumer trends, but I can say that EE lost me as a Mego customer when they split up my Wave 11 pre-order which increased the shipping cost (and subsequently my cost per unit, which was already higher than most other retailers). I gave another distributor a spin, but when I discovered that Wave 12 was already being distributed by other retailers and they still had not fulfilled my Wave 11 pre-orders, I cancelled with them and went with a third option that offered a lower cost per unit and an excellent shipping rate (mentioned above by Liu Bei). If I am satisfied with the delivery of my first order, I will definitely stick with them.

With this much product dropping so frequently, the lower the cost per unit is, the more units I will be willing to purchase. With the most recent waves (11, 12,& 13) I'm wanting 85-90% of the figures being offered, many of them in multiples (Monkeys & Monsters).
    Last edited by Dark Shadow; Apr 4, '21, 7:02 PM.

Comment

• PNGwynne
      Master of Fowl Play
      • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by TrekStar
      That would be something for me to look forward to.
      But possibly, overkill when one considers what other crew or aliens could be produced.
      WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Mego-Amigo
        Persistent Member
        • Jun 22, 2011

Good news about the Klingon Empire. Hope one of them is female. We need more ladies from the original series.

Comment

• powersthatbe
          Persistent Member
          • Sep 27, 2010

I would hope for the romulan female leader and definitely want st:tng era klingons.

Comment

• TrekStar
            Trek or Treat
            • Jan 20, 2011

Originally posted by PNGwynne
            But possibly, overkill when one considers what other crew or aliens could be produced.
            I think a Klingon was needed, since we already got 2 versions of the Romulan and Gorn. But I agree, now that we got one, we can concentrate on maybe a Nurse Chapel and more aliens in the next wave or two. I’d like a correct Talosian.

Comment

• PNGwynne
              Master of Fowl Play
              • Jun 5, 2008

I don't begrudge anything Brady, and I'd love Kor, too. But not at the expense of Chapel. Rand, Trelane, Mudd, or a Tellerite.
              WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• The Bat
                Batman Fanatic
                • Jul 14, 2002

I don't begrudge anything Brady, and I'd love Kor, too. But not at the expense of Chapel. Rand, Trelane, Mudd, or a Tellerite.
                I agree, I want those characters as well...but would it really be at the expense of those characters? I mean, once Kang has been produced...the cost is minimal to do Kor & Koloth. It's just a different head sculpt, same uniform.
                sigpic

Comment

• PNGwynne
                  Master of Fowl Play
                  • Jun 5, 2008

I don't mean the cost, I mean the shelf space/marketing/variety of the line.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                    Master of Fowl Play
                    • Jun 5, 2008

Will the new Uni mummy be Imhotep or Kharis?

Comment

• Liu Bei
                      Banned
                      • Mar 31, 2018

I don't mean the cost, I mean the shelf space/marketing/variety of the line.
                      Cost vs. return is the only factor that will be considered, in my humble opinion. The tooling for new figures is insanely high. A rep from Toy Biz once told me that the tooling for their Storm figure cost $200,000. And that was back in the mid 90’s. I don’t think the tooling for all figures is that high. Some of Mattel’s old MOTU stuff was a bit lower, around $50,000, and they reused a ton of parts the way MEGO does. Ditto for G.I. Joe. But that was back in the 80’s too, so...

Yeah. Anyway. If they know the market is there and they can move the product, they will make the figure. Space, marketing and the rest will sort itself out.

I don’t think more Klingons means less room or less chances for other figures. It might even help get more Trek figures made, if they sell well enough.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                        Master of Fowl Play
                        • Jun 5, 2008

Well, here's hoping any Klingon variants will be in disparate waves. The Romulans did well, so you may be right.

Comment

• JamesB.
                          • Dec 15, 2013

Here is the prototype head of the Anna figure from Hammer's The Reptile.

This is an absolutely amazing sculpt! It perfectly captures the likeness of the character. I truly hope Mego uses uses the proper green coloured dress for the figure.

Last edited by JamesB.; Apr 6, '21, 11:17 PM.

Comment

• Liu Bei
                            Banned
                            • Mar 31, 2018

Well, here's hoping any Klingon variants will be in disparate waves. The Romulans did well, so you may be right.
                            I agree about spacing them out.

One thing I'd also like to see Mego do, if they really want to do characters they think might not sell well enough on their own, is pair them up with a character that would sell better, or have each figure in the wave contain a piece of a playset or gadget of some kind (like the Genesis device, or a "Build a Bridge" type deal). That's a way you could more safely guarantee that one figure in a wave doesn't just rot on pegs.

Comment

• imlaughing2death
                              • Jul 20, 2020

It's been confirmed to be a new Imhotep sculpt.

Comment

• Gabriel
                                • Aug 23, 2019

I'm excited for Kang. Before the advent of TMP, Kang was pretty much the definitive Klingon for me. Now that I'm older, I think I like Colicos's Kor a bit more, but Kang is still cool. Never really cared for Koloth, but will be happy to see him eventually regardless.

My wishlist for future figures would also include Kang's wife, Mara. I'd also like to see Vina as the Orion Slave Girl. I hadn't thought about the Enterprise Incident Romulan Commander, but she'd be excellent as well. But I would definitely rather see Janice Rand first. Maybe Christine Chapel sometime after.

Since we have a Q, we definitely need a Trelaine as well.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎