Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Harbingerboy
    Career Member
    • Jun 18, 2007

Apparently not only do the new Create-A-Monster sets (female Witch/Werecat & male Gargoyle/Vampire) come with both color torsos, the original CaM sets are shipping again, this time with both color torsos as well. Same price. Gotta give it to Mattel for fixing that problem.

Edit: confirmed, saw the Vamp/Sea Monster set with 2 torsos at Target today.
    Last edited by Harbingerboy; May 22, '12, 11:16 PM.

Comment

• PNGwynne
      Master of Fowl Play
      • Jun 5, 2008

^Male kits, too? cool!
      WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• actionplus
        Veteran Member
        • Mar 15, 2005

Adding the second torso is good business on the part of Mattel. My daughter hated the fact that she couldn't make both dolls.

Comment

• jacoblb
          Persistent Member
          • May 7, 2009

I noticed too that the CAM sets now have a second torso, but there's still a wig short. It's rather frustrating, but typical Mattel behavior. My daughters are going to wind up with lots of extra unwanted parts just so we can make all the CAM dolls and expansion packs. Sigh.

Comment

• rche
            channeling Bob Wills
            • Mar 26, 2008

just noting that I don't think this is Mattel trying to short anyone of doll supplies. I think they are just wrestling with the idea of customization in a line that asks for completion. The whole idea was to have extra parts for customization, right?

The way I understand the build-a-kits is that the kid can make thousands of variations of monsters and when done, put the parts away to start again. The build a monster lab seems to take this one level further and allow the player to choose the facial features of their creature, tho I don't know if those are reusable.

At any rate. The Monster High line has been super high profile in the adult collector mindset - even for the kids that are playing with them. So, when you 'gotta gettem all' and the custom kits come with one torso and the perceived choice of two characters, the target audience is sort of confused. And then you throw in the expansion packs that don't even have torsos and seem to ask for colors that are not in the starter packs to begin with. Looking at the back of the starter packs, they don't only show the two buildable characters, they also show a couple of mashups utilizing all the different build-a-kits.

Matty doesn't really need to put more torsos in the b.a.m. kits, they need to sell a 5 pack of blanks for the folks that want to put all the characters in place and leave the kits as is for the kids who will use them like legos for their own changeable creations. With the upcoming monster lab, maybe that is in the pipes as well.

Comment

• Werewolf
              Inhuman
              • Jul 14, 2003

I read at Matty Collector that Scarah Screams (daughter of the Banshee) will be the MH SDCC exculsive for this year.
              You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• BlackKnight
                The DarkSide Customizer
                • Apr 16, 2005

Snagged the Gargoyle/Vamp Dude set today at Target. ... I looking for something else, then saw it.

The Gargoyle Dude is really cool.

Gonna get some Combat boots for him ..., a Leather Jacket and a Beannie. Kept the Packaged Shorts on him ..., But nothing Else.

Other Doll hair fits these ....., Thinking of going long hair for the Vampire Dude.

This set has Both the Torsos too ....., so you do get 2 figures.

There's a Puma Cat Dude set as well .....

and a Witch that looks neat, and a ghost for the Females.
                ... The Original Knight ..., Often Imitated, However Never Duplicated. The 1st Knight in Customs.

always trading for Hot Toys Figures .

Comment

• Earth2Wife
                  • Jun 13, 2009

Anybody going to SDCC- would like to pick up a Scarah Screams pretty please? Apparently the rumor is that HooDoo (Voodoo Doll boy) will be packaged with Scarah.

Comment

• turnbolt
                    Veteran Member
                    • Jun 26, 2008

My girlfriend and I got into these recently. They are like crack cocaine. 25 dolls in two weeks. Make it stop!!

I am going to SDCC. Will try and get a few of the exclusive before they sell out.
                    I like toys.

Colonel Raines' Toy Chest

Comment

• Artistix
                      • Apr 9, 2012

I don't actually own any of these (yet!) but I have been looking into them recently.

It's cool that Scarah is the SDCC exclusive. I was kinda surprised she won the vote last year. I thought Headless Headmistress or the Daughter of Arachne would have been cooler.

Comment

• Jerry68
                        Persistent Member
                        • Feb 12, 2008

Originally posted by turnbolt
                        My girlfriend and I got into these recently. They are like crack cocaine. 25 dolls in two weeks. Make it stop!!

I am going to SDCC. Will try and get a few of the exclusive before they sell out.
                        I would pay for one.
                        sigpic

Comment

• samurainoir
                          Eloquent Member
                          • Dec 26, 2006

Buy Monster High Create a Monster Doll Wave 2 Starter Case at Entertainment Earth. Mint Condition Guaranteed. FREE SHIPPING on eligible purchases. Shop now!

Buy Monster High Create a Monster Parts Wave 2 Case at Entertainment Earth. Mint Condition Guaranteed. FREE SHIPPING on eligible purchases. Shop now!

Buy Monster High UNO Card Game at Entertainment Earth. Mint Condition Guaranteed. FREE SHIPPING on eligible purchases. Shop now!

My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!

Comment

• mirrorman
                            On Patrol
                            • Jul 18, 2011

Spotted some of these figs a few days ago at the TRU near me. Certainly one of the better lines they carry over here, most of what TRU carry in Australia is not worht a second look.

Hard resist buying the chick with the "cat" ears (don't know her name .. sorry) as she fits in with the Japanese Anime cat ear characters I like, but successfully kept my money in my pocket.

Comment

• Harbingerboy
                              Career Member
                              • Jun 18, 2007

So a lot of new stuff is already popping up in stores right now (Ghouls Rule, Scary Tales, Dot Dead Gorgeous, Roller Maze, Dead Tired 2, Coffin Bean & other playsets, as well as a basic case of reissues including a 2010 wave 1 Draculaura and Cupid reissue in standard/basic box w/diary!), but I wanted to post some pics of what's next (release dates TBA), courtesy of Monster High Parents blog...

For the Dead Tired/Basics, Abbey gets a bed and Frankie gets a vanity...

The deluxe Create-A-Monster packs expand with a Mummy/Gorgon pack and a Blob/Ice Girl pack, the latter bringing us some translucent bodies. Also, not only are these continuing to come with 2 different colored torsos, for the first time they will also come with two different hair pieces (one rooted wig, one molded piece). As fun as the CaM packs are, I've steered clear so far, but that Blob girl is pretty awesome!

"Ghouls Alive" is a basic redux line w/deluxe lights & sounds (Frankie & Spectra light up, Clawdeen howls). It's an interesting way for Mattel to to refresh these characters. And keep elevating their price points I suppose ...

Looks like the ghouls are taking a class trip to Scaris, City of Fright (Rochelle Goyle's home turf) in the next assortment with a wave including Scaris outfitted versions of Frankie, Clawdeen, Rochelle and interesting new characters Skelita Cadaveras (a new skeleton girl) and Jinafire Long (rumored Chinese dragon's offspring).

The Scaris line also looks to be getting a retailer exclusive (TBA) 3-pack of Draculaura, Abbey & Ghoulia in their Scaris wear, some kind of cafe playset, and a mini roadster to get around the streets of Scaris...

Finally, these shots of a new Frankie & Abbey with THREE outfits are popping up at retail outlets in Spain, no idea how these are being sold yet...

Last edited by Harbingerboy; Jun 26, '12, 12:02 PM.

Comment

• Werewolf
                                Inhuman
                                • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by Harbingerboy
                                So a lot of new stuff is already popping up in stores right now (Ghouls Rule, Scary Tales, Dot Dead Gorgeous, Roller Maze, Dead Tired 2, Coffin Bean & other playsets, as well as a basic case of reissues including a 2010 wave 1 Draculaura and Cupid reissue in standard/basic box w/diary!), but I wanted to post some pics of what's next (release dates TBA), courtesy of Monster High Parents blog...
                                Coolness! I'm actually digging the "Ghouls Alive" set. Love the light up effect.
                                You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎