• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LonnieFisher
    Eloquent Member
    • Jan 19, 2008

Heavy Metal Taarna and Avis figures!

I had to order!

TAARNA, Heavy Metal's flagship character comes to life as an all new, super-posable action figure from Executive Replicas and world-famous, LooseCollector Collectibles! TAARNA comes in 6-inch scale, with 26 functional points of articulation for maximum pose-ability and features 4 accessor

• LonnieFisher
    Eloquent Member
    • Jan 19, 2008

Comment

• SeattleEd
      SynthoRes Transmigrator
      • Oct 24, 2007

Yup! Pre-ordeted it.About time this came out.

Comment

• LonnieFisher
        Eloquent Member
        • Jan 19, 2008

Originally posted by SeattleEd
        Yup! Pre-ordeted it.About time this came out.
        I think you and I are the only ones here that care.

Comment

• MRP
          Persistent Member
          • Jul 19, 2016

It looks really cool, and though I love the quality of these deluxe figures, they are just out of my budget in most cases. However, if they had done Arzach and his mount instead (which Taarna was a substitute for when they couldn't get Moebius on board with the movie) I might have found a way to make it work with my budget, as I am a sucker for anything Moebius/Girard.

-M
          "Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Comment

• ODBJBG
            Permanent Member
            • May 15, 2009

Although the face looks better, the rest looks clunkier to me than the Figbiz figure. Cool that it comes with Avis, but seems to mostly be a statue.

Comment

• LonnieFisher
              Eloquent Member
              • Jan 19, 2008

Originally posted by ODBJBG
              Although the face looks better, the rest looks clunkier to me than the Figbiz figure. Cool that it comes with Avis, but seems to mostly be a statue.
              I think the Figbiz figure is garbage. It isn't an accurate representation of the character it portrays. The costume is all wrong. The figure isn't as articulated as this figure is. There is no way I'd buy that Figbiz figure.
              Avis has five points of articulation, so it isn't at all like a statue. A lot of figures made of people only have five points of articulation.

Comment

• ODBJBG
                Permanent Member
                • May 15, 2009

Originally posted by LonnieFisher
                I think the Figbiz figure is garbage. It isn't an accurate representation of the character it portrays. The costume is all wrong. The figure isn't as articulated as this figure is. There is no way I'd buy that Figbiz figure.
                Avis has five points of articulation, so it isn't at all like a statue. A lot of figures made of people only have five points of articulation.
                That's cool. I completely disagree.

FWIW, I don't like either figures that much, but for the price, Figbiz is the clear winner here.

Good call on Avis, I didn't realize it had a couple of points. But it looks kinda useless aside from the head. Swivel thighs? They have all those nasty cuts on Taarna why not give Avis some ball joints? Oh well.

Happy for those who enjoy it. I'm hopeful someone will come along and make some good Heavy Metal figures.

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                  Eloquent Member
                  • Jan 19, 2008

I'm just saying, this isn't how she should be dressed. This is not cartoon accurate. The new figure is.

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                    Eloquent Member
                    • Jan 19, 2008

TAARNA, Heavy Metal's flagship character comes to life as an all new, super-posable action figure from Executive Replicas and world-famous, LooseCollector Collectibles!

TAARNA comes in 6-inch scale, with 26 functional points of articulation for maximum pose-ability and features 4 accessories: a removable scabbard, two extra hands, and her fearsome golden sword.

Also packaged in this set is her gigantic ally, Avis, with 5 points of articulation and a super-detailed sculpt. This is the first-ever Avis action figure! Taarna can mount this imposing flying beast and swoop into glorious battle!

This awesome set comes in a collector-friendly display packaging with window, so they can be unboxed, enjoyed and returned for display.

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                      Eloquent Member
                      • Jan 19, 2008

New head added to the Taarna figure. It will be the one my figure is displayed with!

Comment

• SeattleEd
                        SynthoRes Transmigrator
                        • Oct 24, 2007

Uh..um...Much better head in deed.
                        Prefer this one over the first test shot. And agreed, this will be on displayed prominently for me. Still working on my two Mego versions once they come back from being re-rooted, which has taken months. Ouch.

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                          Eloquent Member
                          • Jan 19, 2008

I find it so hard to believe you and I are the only ones at the museum whom care about this figure! Heavy Metal is one of my all-time favorite movies!!

Comment

• Mego-Amigo
                            Persistent Member
                            • Jun 22, 2011

I care about it. Preordered the day it went up. Heavy Metal is one of my all time faves as well... magazine and film.

Comment

• Bruce Banner
                              HULK SMASH!
                              • Apr 3, 2010

I love it, too. That figure is awesome.
                              PUNY HUMANS!

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎