X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MIB41
    Eloquent Member
    • Sep 25, 2005

Originally posted by EMCE Hammer
    I'd love to see a sequel with Zane where he passes on the mantle.
    Great idea! Wow... Has it been that long? Yep. I guess so. Jeez.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
      Verbose Member
      • Mar 7, 2004

It's a fun movie. I still say Treat Williams kind of derails it, but then most actors take their villain roles in these comic movies and camp them up.

Chris
      sigpic

Comment

• MIB41
        Eloquent Member
        • Sep 25, 2005

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
        It's a fun movie. I still say Treat Williams kind of derails it, but then most actors take their villain roles in these comic movies and camp them up.

Chris
        I agree. He started out okay. But then his camp began to overtake his sinister side. Like his exclamations when the skulls began to glow and blow out the stain glass windows. That was too over the top. Had they toned down his camp expressions, he might have worked out okay. That and I think they should have shot more of the movie in low light or darkness to enhance Phantom's appearance. He looked great. I LOVE that outfit. But he was just shot in too many bright scenes where atmosphere would have enhanced the look immensely. Still, the cinema photography is beautiful throughout. It's a good looking picture.
        Last edited by MIB41; Mar 20, '12, 8:54 AM.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
          Verbose Member
          • Mar 7, 2004

I agree. He started out okay. But then his camp began to overtake his sinister side. Like his exclamations when the skulls began to glow and blow out the stain glass windows. That was too over the top. Had they toned down his camp expressions, he might have worked out okay. That and I think they should have shot more of the movie in low light or darkness to enhance Phantom's appearance. He looked great. I LOVE that outfit. But he was just shot in too many bright scenes where atmosphere would have enhanced the look immensely. Still, the cinema photography is beautiful throughout. It's a good looking picture.
          ^Agreed. I love the color, the scenery, etc. But they could have used some more shadowy shots. Would have helped the whole "Ghost Who Walks" aspect a bit.

Chris
          sigpic

Comment

• MIB41
            Eloquent Member
            • Sep 25, 2005

My love of this movie and the Charlton comics make me really appreciate what Castaway did for the license. I don't believe any company has ever done a more extensive product line for the Phantom than Castaway. Another reason why I picked up everything they made. It's unique, well made, and I think very desirable. I really hope this line will encourage other companies to pick up the license and do more with it. There's so much potential here and I thank Castaway for exploring those possibilities. I know it will always remain a dream, but wouldn't it have been cool if Hot Toys had done a Billy Zane Phantom? Oh my...

Comment

• samurainoir
              Eloquent Member
              • Dec 26, 2006

The Phantom Ghost Who Walks 8" Action Figure Mego Type Cast-A-Way Toys | eBay

FX Excl Gray Ghost Phantom Ghost Who Walks 8" Figure Mego Type Cast-A-Way Toys | eBay

The Phantom Skull Throne for 8" Cast-a-Ways Mego style Action Figure | eBay

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/CAST-A-WAY-To...item4ab56e5d82
              My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!

Comment

• samurainoir
                Eloquent Member
                • Dec 26, 2006

Ended: Mar 21, 201218:50:08 PDT
                Winning bid:
                US $82.00 [ 5 bids ]

Not bad for just the Grey Phantom alone... particular since he comes with his completer boots, belt, hands.

eBay - New & used electronics, cars, apparel, collectibles, sporting goods & more at low prices
                My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!

Comment

• MIB41
                  Eloquent Member
                  • Sep 25, 2005

Very good deal! The Grey Ghost is a hard figure to come by. Great score!

Comment

• torgospizza
                    Theocrat of Pan Tang
                    • Aug 19, 2010

Originally posted by MIB41
                    I know it will always remain a dream, but wouldn't it have been cool if Hot Toys had done a Billy Zane Phantom?
                    I totally agree that would never happen, but I'd drop $200 on that. Heck, if Cast-a-Way made a 1/6 Tom Tyler Phantom with the same quality as their Flash Gordon, I'd gladly pay $100 for that.

DO IT, CAST-A-WAY!!!

Comment

• GlobalObserver
                      Persistent Member
                      • Aug 12, 2004

Originally posted by torgospizza
                      I totally agree that would never happen, but I'd drop $200 on that. Heck, if Cast-a-Way made a 1/6 Tom Tyler Phantom with the same quality as their Flash Gordon, I'd gladly pay $100 for that.

DO IT, CAST-A-WAY!!!
                      I'd definitely pay $100.00 for a 12" Cast-a-Way Phantom.

Comment

• torgospizza
                        Theocrat of Pan Tang
                        • Aug 19, 2010

Check out these awesome 1/6 customs this guy did of the Billy Zane and Tom Tyler versions of The Phantom. Could you imagine how cool it would be if Cast-a-Way made one with a removable mask and hood? It would be a must-have.

Comment

• LardLad
                          Museum Patron
                          • Mar 13, 2012

I have a custom 12" figure of Logan 5 from Logan's Run by the same guy - fantastic work. Came with the gun and the follower - both have tiny magnets embedded that allow you to place them on the figure's belt.

Comment

• MIB41
                            Eloquent Member
                            • Sep 25, 2005

Check out these awesome 1/6 customs this guy did of the Billy Zane and Tom Tyler versions of The Phantom. Could you imagine how cool it would be if Cast-a-Way made one with a removable mask and hood? It would be a must-have.
                            Wow!!! Amazing customs. I just wonder how much those sell for?

Comment

• torgospizza
                              Theocrat of Pan Tang
                              • Aug 19, 2010

Originally posted by MIB41
                              Wow!!! Amazing customs. I just wonder how much those sell for?
                              No idea, but I imagine for much, much more than a Cast-a-Way version would cost. The guy frequents the Sideshow Freaks boards, but I don't know him or anything. Have you looked around his site? The variety of his stuff is amazing. Really nice work, and I think his current level of sculpting totally eclipses most of that work.

Comment

• MIB41
                                Eloquent Member
                                • Sep 25, 2005

No idea, but I imagine for much, much more than a Cast-a-Way version would cost. The guy frequents the Sideshow Freaks boards, but I don't know him or anything. Have you looked around his site? The variety of his stuff is amazing. Really nice work, and I think his current level of sculpting totally eclipses most of that work.
                                I've inquired about a price for both Phantoms. If the price is in the ballpark of what I'm thinking, I'll order both. Thanks again for the link. Those are sweet customs. I've got all of Castaway's Phantoms, the vintage CA Phantom and Playing Mantis version as well. If I could land these two figures, I would feel like my Phantom collection was complete. At least for now. I'm currently reading the hard back copy of Phantom, The Charlton Years: Volume one. It's a reprint of the comics during that era (issues #30 -#40) along with a nice back story on the character's development in comics during that time. This edition also showcases a number of Jim Aparo's original artwork for the Phantom. If your a fan of this era or a fan of Jim Aparo (famous for his Batman years), this book will give you true enjoyment. I recommend it.

I ordered mine directly from Amazon for $29.60 (free shipping) and got it in like three days.
                                Last edited by MIB41; Mar 25, '12, 7:20 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎