X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Werewolf
    Inhuman
    • Jul 14, 2003

Shirt Tales are back!

This is probably another one of those things that only I remember or care about. That said, they look really nice! I had no idea these were coming back.

You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...
  • PNGwynne
    Master of Fowl Play
    • Jun 5, 2008

I don't recall these at all, I'm thinking of something similar with a moose?
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
      Muddling through
      • Oct 4, 2008

I remember them but I was out of the age range when these came out. there was a cartoon too wasn't there?

Comment

• Werewolf
        Inhuman
        • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by PNGwynne
        I don't recall these at all, I'm thinking of something similar with a moose?
        I think you are thinking of Get Along Gang.

Originally posted by Nostalgiabuff
        I remember them but I was out of the age range when these came out. there was a cartoon too wasn't there?
        Yes, there was a cartoon. I was never into it as much as Strawberry Shortcake but I do think it's super cool another 80s property is coming back.
        You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• palitoy
          live. laugh. lisa needs braces
          • Jun 16, 2001

I sort of remember it, I was 11 at the time so I was more interested in what Spider-Man and his amazing friends were up to,
          Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
          http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Werewolf
            Inhuman
            • Jul 14, 2003

The first season of Shirt Tales was the best.

Kind of jumped the shark with season 2 when they added the annoying baby kangaroo. She was the Scrappy doo of Shirt Tales.

Comment

• PNGwynne
              Master of Fowl Play
              • Jun 5, 2008

Get Along Gang, yes that's it.
              WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Falstaff13
                Persistent Member
                • May 28, 2008

I watched the cartoon. The only merchandise I remember was some small stuffed animals that were part of kids' meals from Hardees. Since my dad is a huge Humphrey Bogart fan, I saved him the Bogey one when we got rid of the others (which was 25 years ago).
                Hugh H. Davis

Wanted: Legends of the West (Empire & Excel) and other western historically-based figures. Send me an offer.
                Also interested in figures based on literary characters.

Comment

• sprytel
                  Talkative Member
                  • Jun 26, 2009

I remember Shirt Tales, but it is hard for me to imagine this property holds much nostalgia. I can totally see getting it confused with the Get Along Gang (or the Monchhichis)... it seems pretty forgettable compared to something like Care Bears or Strawberry Shortcake. But apparently back in July of 2016 they released an exclusive set of Shirt Tales Itty Bittys that sold out in 2 days, so maybe it has a bigger following than I imagine.

Comment

• Makernaut
                    Persistent Member
                    • Jul 22, 2015

I was looking at the credits for the Saturday Morning Cartoon and saw that Nancy Cartwright was part of the voice cast. That made me remember that when "The Simpsons" came along I recognized her voice (as Bart) from her work on Saturday Morning 'Toons of the past.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                      Verbose Member
                      • Mar 7, 2004

I loved the Shirt Tales. My mom managed a Hallmark store, so I already had some of the small figurines before the cartoon began. I had all of the stuffed characters. I never understood why Rick the Racoon was basically dropped in Season 2. The show got Scrappy-Dooed in its second season!

Nice to see them coming back.

Edited to add: Werewolf, I just read your Scrappy-Doo comment! I had somehow missed it. Great minds think alike!

Chris
                      Last edited by Earth 2 Chris; Apr 8, '18, 12:04 PM.
                      sigpic

Comment

• tmthor
                        God of Knock-offs
                        • Nov 29, 2005

lol i remember that show and the plushies I had Digger and Bogey when i was little

Comment

• Mary Canary
                          Career Member
                          • Jun 21, 2017

I love the Shirt T-T-T-Tales!!!!

And the Monchhichis, since someone mentioned them.

I know a lot of these shows were short seasons and based on properties that H-B just fleshed out a bit, loosely tied to selling whatever knicknacks or toys or merch they were based on. But many of the Hanna Barbera shows from the early 80s hold a lost of nostalgia for me - the Smurfs, Pac-Man, the Snorks, the Dukes. It was good stuff. Simple, sweet, silly, fun. Complete with cereal and colorforms! Very fondly remembered.

Comment

Working...
                          😀
                          🥰
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😡
                          👍
                          👎