X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Brown Bear
    Still Old School
    • Feb 14, 2008

Big Trek Score!

Scored all this for a great price today. VERY happy.

IMG_0912.jpg
    Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home
  • PNGwynne
    Master of Fowl Play
    • Jun 5, 2008

Yowza. I recall thinking how beautiful that Andorian was, and I didn't even know about the Romulan.
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Obibob
      Museum Super Collector
      • Jul 27, 2007

This series of figures is one of my favorite Trek sets of all time. The "Kirk as a Romulan" from The Enterprise Incident was an (very pricey) exclusive, but I don't recall who offered it; I do remember that I had to order it as they weren't available at retail. The Gorn figure is a beauty too if you've never seen one. The Mugato is OK, but actually a bit small scale-wise to the rest of the figures. Captain Pike was another really nice figure - hell, the whole line was/is pretty sweet!

Comment

• SKotK
        Career Member
        • Mar 11, 2014

I really should take a closer look at some of those figures. What I've seen of them so far is pretty impressive.

--SKot
        Look what happens when you aren't allowed to play with "dolls"...

WANTED: partly-unsealed or bubble-damaged carded Romulan + unbroken plant trap from Mission to Gamma VI

Comment

• HardyGirl
          Mego Museum's Poster Girl
          • Apr 3, 2007

I love that line. I got a bunch of them from a member here when I first joined MM. Congrats!
          "Do you believe, you believe in magic?
          'Cos I believe, I believe that I do,
          Yes, I can see I believe that it's magic
          If your mission is magic your love will shine true."

Comment

• scifiguy94
            Persistent Member
            • Feb 18, 2009

12" Kirk as Romulan was a Star Trek Communicator Fan Club magazine exclusive. I still have mine in the original shipping box.

Comment

• Brown Bear
              Still Old School
              • Feb 14, 2008

I opened all the boxes up last night. My brother managed to get Gorn and Pike out of the same deal and I'm jealous.
              I didn't know the Romulan was an exclusive. Sweet for me. Maybe I'll save his packaging.
              Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

• rykerw1701
                Persistent Member
                • Aug 27, 2007

There was a string recently about underrated toys. Playmates 12 inch line was excellent for the time, and i think underrated. The breadth of characters, head sculpts and outfits were really good. The bodies were mediocre at best at the time, and poor by today's standards. But it's still a fun line. I enjoy having a bunch of them buried in boxes somewhere in my basement.

Comment

• toys2cool
                  Ultimate Mego Warrior
                  • Nov 27, 2006

Originally posted by HardyGirl
                  I love that line. I got a bunch of them from a member here when I first joined MM. Congrats!
                  that was me
                  "Time to nut up or shut up" -Tallahassee

http://ultimatewarriorcollection.webs.com/
                  My stuff on facebook Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Comment

• ScottA
                    Original Member
                    • Jun 25, 2001

New Force Comics had a lot of Playmates exclusives including the 3 3/4" Captain Janeway. I had all the 12" inchers at one time. The Piece of the Action set are exclusives as well.
                    sigpic WANTED: Boxed, Carded and Kresge Carded WGSH

Comment

• The Batman Professor
                      Veteran Member
                      • Jul 15, 2010

I still have the WRATH OF KHAN set, but one of my favs was the Gorn figure, and it turned into stankin' goo. Tossed it out. :(
                      sigpicSWEAR TO ME!

Comment

• Sideshow Spock
                        valar morghulis
                        • Mar 8, 2005

Originally posted by rykerw1701
                        There was a string recently about underrated toys. Playmates 12 inch line was excellent for the time, and i think underrated. The breadth of characters, head sculpts and outfits were really good. The bodies were mediocre at best at the time, and poor by today's standards. But it's still a fun line. I enjoy having a bunch of them buried in boxes somewhere in my basement.
                        Me too

Comment

• Sideshow Spock
                          valar morghulis
                          • Mar 8, 2005

Originally posted by ScottA
                          New Force Comics had a lot of Playmates exclusives including the 3 3/4" Captain Janeway. I had all the 12" inchers at one time. The Piece of the Action set are exclusives as well.
                          The 12" Piece of the Action figures are very rare.. they produced 1,000 for the European market and re-used the original 12" Spock body, which was giving the Vulcan salute. Obviously this didn't really fit with the Piece of the Action themed figure, and collectors weren't too pleased.

NewForce then commissioned their exclusive for the US market, also limited to 1000. But they had Spock's hand changed to standard.

NewForce also distributed the figures so that both Kirk and Spock has matching collector numbers.. you recall how Playmates used to give each a serialized number..
                          Last edited by Sideshow Spock; Mar 9, '17, 6:44 PM.

Comment

Working...
                          😀
                          🥰
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😡
                          👍
                          👎