Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hedji
    Citizen of Gotham
    • Nov 17, 2012

I walked away completely blown away and more than satisfied. But Infinity War was perhaps a wee bit more fun.

Comment

• Hector
      el Hombre de Acero
      • May 19, 2003

I just came back from the theater. Endgame was my first movie theater trip since Infinity War.

Pretty epic. No, it’s not already in my top ten...I have too many nostalgic classics for that to happen. But as far as modern comic book movies go...this is up there for sure.

But I have a few questions...

SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS

1. What happened to Vision? He’s gone? Is that because Thanos killed him before the dust off began?
      2. Were was Gamora during Stark’s memorial?
      3. Why didn’t Rogers just bring back Carter back to the present?
      4. Banner/Hulk has a permanent disabled arm now?
      5. Natasha a permanent goner too?
      sigpic

Comment

• Hector
        el Hombre de Acero
        • May 19, 2003

BTW, and I have mentioned this before...man, I got the big time hots for Nebula. I don’t quite know what is it about her that’s just so sexy to me. She’s my favorite female on screen Marvel character. I want to marry that mechanical hotness...

sigpic

Comment

• Megotastrophe
          Permanent Member
          • Jun 29, 2018

Originally posted by Hector
          I just came back from the theater. Endgame was my first movie theater trip since Infinity War.

Pretty epic. No, it’s not already in my top ten...I have too many nostalgic classics for that to happen. But as far as modern comic book movies go...this is up there for sure.

But I have a few questions...

Was Gamora dusted with the rest of Thanos's army? It seemed like his soldiers and weapons were all gone... How selective was Tony? Nebula stayed..the good one..but the bad one was already dead..

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
            Verbose Member
            • Mar 7, 2004

Gamora slipped away, unsure of where her place was, since this was an earlier Gamora who hadn't yet met the Guardians. Quill was searching for her when Thor came on to the ship and started hassling him about who was in charge.

I'm assuming Guardians 3 (or Asgardians of the Galaxy) will feature their search for Gamora, and Quill trying to woo her all over again.

Chris
            sigpic

Comment

• Megotastrophe
              Permanent Member
              • Jun 29, 2018

My assumption too and certainly Quill thinks so too. And are there ramifications for Nebula killing an earlier version of herself who time travelled forward?

Comment

• Hedji
                Citizen of Gotham
                • Nov 17, 2012

Luckily, before her death, Gamora was able to meld her Katra into Dr. McCoy's mind. A simple ritual on Vulcan should restore her previous identity.

Comment

• YoungOnce
                  Career Member
                  • Aug 29, 2007

Originally posted by Hedji
                  Luckily, before her death, Gamora was able to meld her Katra into Dr. McCoy's mind. A simple ritual on Vulcan should restore her previous identity.
                  Ha! As this conversation was playing out, I was thinking the same thing.

Comment

• hedrap
                    Permanent Member
                    • Feb 10, 2009

SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS.

On second viewing, the moment between Hawkeye and Witch lamenting the loss of Widow and Vision...the two characters whose lives were sacrificed on behest of the soul stone. She says "they know" we won, which on the surface is an angels in heaven line. It's a real Wrath of Khan moment.

Except, Gamora came back to life via a transfer in time, and we know two versions of the same person can exist in the same moment thanks to Nebula. We also know Cap was supposed to return all the stones, including the soul stone.

The thing is, the soul stone doesn't have a linear moment in time on Vormir. If it did, Hawkeye/Widow could have stolen it. The stone only manifests after the sacrificed person's soul swaps out. So how does Cap return a stone that doesn't have a moment in time it was stolen/borrowed from? If he went back to that moment and could return it, Widow would be alive.

As the end shows, Cap went back to the forties, which has no connection to the branch-trimming.

It has to mean Cap went back to the 40's as it's the linear moment for the stone as Tesseract. He kills Skull so he and it won't travel to Vormir. This creates a split that stops Cap from being frozen and leaves him to live out his life with Peggy. The stone allows him to do it in natural progression and age with her. When she passes, he then returns to the lake and gives Sam the original shield.

So Cap created a split where Widow is alive as a Russian agent. It's his branch. No Hydra, No Cap. One where he lives a normal life. That branch probably leads to the FF and X-Men.

Comment

• WannabeMego
                      Made in the USA
                      • May 2, 2003

One thing that bothers me about the whole 'Peggy Carter Timeline Jump' that Cap may have created is that, technically, Cap ages much slower due to the Super Soldier Serum...so...

They are either dismissing that completely or implying that it may have gotten extracted from Cap in order for him to have aged that much on the Bench.
                      Everyone is Entitled to MY Opinion...Your's, not so much!

Comment

• Hector
                        el Hombre de Acero
                        • May 19, 2003

...and speaking of super serum. How in the heck is Sam Wilson going to make a great Captain America? Dude has zero powers.
                        Last edited by Hector; May 7, '19, 3:03 PM.
                        sigpic

Comment

• Hector
                          el Hombre de Acero
                          • May 19, 2003

The two “non-leads” who had a huge, extensive, and important roles in Endgame...

Scott Lang/Ant Man and Nebula.
                          sigpic

Comment

• hedrap
                            Permanent Member
                            • Feb 10, 2009

Originally posted by WannabeMego

One thing that bothers me about the whole 'Peggy Carter Timeline Jump' that Cap may have created is that, technically, Cap ages much slower due to the Super Soldier Serum...so...

They are either dismissing that completely or implying that it may have gotten extracted from Cap in order for him to have aged that much on the Bench.
                            I think it's either Cap used the soul stone to mess with his aging, or it's the Pym particles. The other theory I've read is he's 105 on the bench, meaning he went back to the forties and was always in the background of events until now. That works in the context of how he fought himself. So two Caps existed in one timeline. I don't know how that matches up with Peggy passing and her daughter.

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                              Muddling through
                              • Oct 4, 2008

the blond from the cap movies was her niece, not her daughter.

Cap being 105 actually makes sense since he has aged since he was brought out of the ice, and then went back in time to live in the 40's and start his life with Peggy. figure he went into the ice in 45, if he went back to 45 to start over, that is 74 years ago. in the current timeline he was probably 30. so 105 fits perfectly

Comment

• sprytel
                                Talkative Member
                                • Jun 26, 2009

Originally posted by Hector
                                BTW, and I have mentioned this before...man, I got the big time hots for Nebula. I don’t quite know what is it about her that’s just so sexy to me. She’s my favorite female on screen Marvel character. I want to marry that mechanical hotness...

Agreed! I thought it was just me...

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎