X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Earth 2 Chris
    Verbose Member
    • Mar 7, 2004

Alex Ross has still got it

Ross has posted some fantastic DC media-match-ups, which unfortunately don't seem to be attached to any upcoming comic projects, but well, we can look longingly at them and hope.

I appreciate that Ross seems to have put aside the odd day-glow colors he has gotten into of late. This is classic Ross.

Chris
    sigpic
  • WannabeMego
    Made in the USA
    • May 2, 2003

Some of us got the chance to talk to him at MegoMeet Last Year without scaring him away

Really NICE Guy...Glad there is a Guardian of His Caliber out there for our Icons.

Saw this Yesterday on His Facebook Feed that I found intriguing:

Everyone is Entitled to MY Opinion...Your's, not so much!

Comment

• enyawd72
      Maker of Monsters!
      • Oct 1, 2009

Gorgeous...to me the most amazing thing about his art is that he completely renders his paintings first in black and white...then applies the color over that.

Comment

• palitoy
        live. laugh. lisa needs braces
        • Jun 16, 2001

Yeah, these knocked my socks off yesterday but sadly they're not attached to any comic projects which they totally should be.
        Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
        http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Brown Bear
          Still Old School
          • Feb 14, 2008

These are worthy of framing on my wall. If that was West instead of Keaton in the first one I totally would be.

What a talent.
          Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

• emeraldknight47
            Talkative Member
            • Jun 20, 2011

Both pieces are gorgeous!! What Ross is able to do with color and lighting is astounding and he inevitably manages to successfully capture the essence of whoever or whatever he's painting. Granted, the Keaton Batman is a bit of a head-scratcher, but I guess he's using the '89 Batman to act as a bridge of sorts between the late 70's Superman and WW and the early 90's Flash.

Second one, though! Man, he knocked it so far out of the ballpark with that one! If seeing that doesn't give TPTB at DC some ideas, then they are all pretty much brain dead.

I'm in the process of re-reading KINGDOM COME and I love to just let my eyes sort of lounge on every page.
            Last edited by emeraldknight47; Feb 15, '17, 12:41 PM.
            sigpic Oh then, what's this? Big flashy lighty thing, that's what brought me here! Big flashy lighty things have got me written all over them. Not actually. But give me time. And a crayon.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
              Verbose Member
              • Mar 7, 2004

Keaton Batman makes total sense in that image. Who else would you use when you bring in John Wesley Shipp's Flash? He owed his show to Batman '89.

This one is also gorgeous:

In my kid head cannon, Chris Reeve was the Superman of Earth 1, while George Reeves was the Superman of Earth 2 (I didn't know about Kirk Alyn then). So this totally works for me!

Chris
              sigpic

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
                Often invisible
                • Jul 18, 2002

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
                Keaton Batman makes total sense in that image. Who else would you use when you bring in John Wesley Shipp's Flash? He owed his show to Batman '89.

This one is also gorgeous:

In my kid head cannon, Chris Reeve was the Superman of Earth 1, while George Reeves was the Superman of Earth 2 (I didn't know about Kirk Alyn then). So this totally works for me!

Chris
                YES!!! I was thinking the exact same thing when I saw this!!

I like the idea of pairing up George Reeves with Adam West and Chris Reeve with Michael Keaton in a "Crisis" style story. I haven't bought a comic in ages, but if Ross was doing these, I would buy them.
                Expectation is the death of discovery.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                  Hi Ernie!!!
                  • Feb 15, 2004

A World's Finest with George, Adam And Burt would be perfect. Team up Romero and Talbot as the villains.
                  You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• WannabeMego
                    Made in the USA
                    • May 2, 2003

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
                    I agree 100%
                    Everyone is Entitled to MY Opinion...Your's, not so much!

Comment

• Hector
                      el Hombre de Acero
                      • May 19, 2003

Beautiful artwork...and obviously great subject matter...
                      sigpic

Comment

• PNGwynne
                        Master of Fowl Play
                        • Jun 5, 2008

Lovely stuff, I admire and enjoy Ross' work so much.

Batman'66 meets Superman '50s is awesome.

And he paints a helluva Aquaman--If I could afford a commission, I'd ask for Buster Crabbe as the Sea King.
                        WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                          Master of Fowl Play
                          • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by thunderbolt
                          A World's Finest with George, Adam And Burt would be perfect. Team up Romero and Talbot as the villains.
                          That's blowing my mind lol.
                          WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                            Hi Ernie!!!
                            • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by PNGwynne
                            That's blowing my mind lol.
                            Just adapt a story from the silver age
                            You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• thunderbolt
                              Hi Ernie!!!
                              • Feb 15, 2004

I always thought Lyle Talbot would have been great guesting as Luthor on Batman

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎