X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • scott metzger
    Persistent Member
    • Jul 9, 2007

Originally posted by TheXFactor
    So am I understanding correctly that the figures are actually in the collector aisle in electronics instead of the toy department? I stopped at the Walmart in Queensbury, NY (where Zayre's used to be located) and didn't find anything in the toy department- which was kind of disappointing actually since the rest of the day had been a wash and I was hoping for (at least) one little victory. Also, are they only stocking Superman, Batman, and Robin or have the other five characters been spotted as well? ZLC is apparently getting their stock this week and then orders will start shipping, but- obviously- it's not quite the same thing as seeing them in the store.
    THey are in the electronics aisles, but look around. In neither of my Walmart's are they actually where their designated pegs are, so you might have to hunt around a little. Haven't seen any reports of anything other than Supes, Bats ,and Robin at Walmart yet. Glad to hear ZLC is getting ready to ship; I've waited 50 years for Hal and Barry to join the fun, and I'm getting antsy.

Comment

• KingKickass1983
      Career Member
      • Jan 19, 2019

Originally posted by scott metzger
      THey are in the electronics aisles, but look around. In neither of my Walmart's are they actually where their designated pegs are, so you might have to hunt around a little. Haven't seen any reports of anything other than Supes, Bats ,and Robin at Walmart yet. Glad to hear ZLC is getting ready to ship; I've waited 50 years for Hal and Barry to join the fun, and I'm getting antsy.
      You're right about that, I found my Superman randomly inserted among the NECA stuff...
      Wanted:

Diamond select Spider-man hands. Long shot, I know...but ya never know..

Comment

• scott metzger
        Persistent Member
        • Jul 9, 2007

I sem to be the guy with the thing for naked Megos, so here's some pics :
        supes1.jpgsupes2.jpgsupes3.jpgsupes4.jpgsupes5.jpg

Comment

• scott metzger
          Persistent Member
          • Jul 9, 2007

And a couple more:
          supes6.jpgsupes7.jpg

Comment

• TrekStar
            Trek or Treat
            • Jan 20, 2011

Thanks for posting the pics. The 50th anniversary figure looks slightly taller, and the structure and joints seem a bit more flexible, I’m guessing there’s no issues of concern no matter how minor.

I really hope I can find these at my local Walmarts, especially when the other 5 heroes come out, I heard after or around December 7th.

Comment

• scott metzger
              Persistent Member
              • Jul 9, 2007

Originally posted by TrekStar
              Thanks for posting the pics. The 50th anniversary figure looks slightly taller, and the structure and joints seem a bit more flexible, I’m guessing there’s no issues of concern no matter how minor.

I really hope I can find these at my local Walmarts, especially when the other 5 heroes come out, I heard after or around December 7th.
              Just a teeny tiny bit taller, but not enough so that they don't look fine with the classic figures. Only tweak really needed is fixing that 45 degree knee; otherwise, as you can see, the posability is very good.

Comment

• JFAWWE
                • Feb 4, 2008

I got some of mine in today and I love them except for the stickers. Three of my stickers are damaged - otherwise they look beautiful. Wish we could get a second wave without stickers and lose the mittens (use the Green Lantern style for gloves) plus have non removable cowl/mask Batman & Robin (the ones I had a s a kid). I would keep these in box and display the rest. More than happy to double and triple dip for this style and overall quality.

Comment

• powersthatbe
                  Persistent Member
                  • Sep 27, 2010

I noticed them at my Walmart and there were just a few robins and aquamans and one superman dangling.

Comment

• Ivaniski
                    Persistent Member
                    • Jun 24, 2007

I received my WGSH figures today. Not too happy with the bodies...just busted a knee on Batman and his belt just broke in 2....Wish the knees could bend back a little more.
                    20221201_231434.jpg
                    20221201_204859.jpg
                    20221201_232035.jpg
                    Last edited by Ivaniski; Dec 1, '22, 11:46 PM.

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                      Eloquent Member
                      • Jan 19, 2008

Originally posted by Ivaniski
                      I received my WGSH figures today. Not too happy with the bodies...just busted a knee on Batman and his belt just broke in 2....Wish the knees could bend back a little more.
                      [ATTACH=CONFIG]34415[/ATTACH]
                      [ATTACH=CONFIG]34416[/ATTACH]
                      [ATTACH=CONFIG]34414[/ATTACH]
                      You....didn't get Robin?

Comment

• libby 1957dog
                        Persistent Member
                        • Sep 3, 2009

great head swap on superman ,wheres the replacement from ,cheers

Comment

• Orion1
                          • Apr 7, 2010

The Red Son Superman head looks pretty good on that retro Superman. Just repaint the eyebrows and it'd be perfect.

The knees are definitely the weak point on the figures. You can increase the knee bend to a near 90 degrees, by trimming a little bit off behind the knee with an x-acto blade. After the first batch of retro 50th figures Mego really needs to fix the knee issue.

Tip - Try dipping the new bodies in boiling water for about a minute to prevent possible breakage. It really removes the brittleness from the plastic joints.

Comment

• warlock664
                            Persistent Member
                            • Feb 15, 2009

Originally posted by powersthatbe
                            I noticed them at my Walmart and there were just a few robins and aquamans and one superman dangling.
                            Wait, you saw Aquaman?
                            So far I’ve only seen Superman, Batman and Robin at Walmart.

Comment

• Ivaniski
                              Persistent Member
                              • Jun 24, 2007

Originally posted by Orion1
                              The Red Son Superman head looks pretty good on that retro Superman. Just repaint the eyebrows and it'd be perfect.

The knees are definitely the weak point on the figures. You can increase the knee bend to a near 90 degrees, by trimming a little bit off behind the knee with an x-acto blade. After the first batch of retro 50th figures Mego really needs to fix the knee issue.

Tip - Try dipping the new bodies in boiling water for about a minute to prevent possible breakage. It really removes the brittleness from the plastic joints.
                              Thanks for the advice brother....I will try to boil the brittle plastic parts and utilize an x-acto knife to achieve 90 degree bend on the knees (this should've been addressed already by Mego). Additionally, I have another Batman and Robin coming soon. Superman's head came from the Red Son Superman from Mego...I also noticed that the bandless body of the Red Son Superman can bend the knees 90 degrees and overall isn't as brittle as the 50th Anniversary Superheroes. I question the quality control here.
                              Last edited by Ivaniski; Dec 2, '22, 9:40 AM.

Comment

• TrekStar
                                Trek or Treat
                                • Jan 20, 2011

Forgive my ignorance but I thought only Superman-Batman and Robin were available at Walmart and Amazon, and the rest after December 7th? I see you already have the complete set.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎