• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Werewolf
    Inhuman
    • Jul 14, 2003

New Evel Knievel Stunt Cycle reissue pre-order

Did not see this coming.

As per the manufacturer, the release date keeps getting pushed back. We are keeping the most up to date information on the site, so please check here regularly.
    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...
  • palitoy
    live. laugh. lisa needs braces
    • Jun 16, 2001

That's not the first reissue, they still really sell.
    Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
    http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Werewolf
      Inhuman
      • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by palitoy
      That's not the first reissue, they still really sell.
      And the price is good too. It just caught me by surprise.

Never heard of the company before. Looks like they mostly do wind up toys and reissue of the Missing Link puzzle.

California Creations makes the best learning and stem toys for all ages. Wind-up toys, outdoor toys, evel knievel, stunt cycle, rubber ducks, remote control and RC. Fun for all ages including the great sudoku cube, cosmos puzzle and the best selling starcube.
      You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• Brown Bear
        Still Old School
        • Feb 14, 2008

This will be mine and some for my kids to play with too. YES!
        Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

• monitor_ep
          Talkative Member
          • May 11, 2013

Just wish this was in Mego style.
          Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• Jason73
            Correctamundo!
            • Jan 11, 2009

Wow that is tempting. I have an original, but would love to open a new one out of the box like I did back when I was 5.
            Happy Days-Mego Style

Comment

• EmergencyIan
              Museum Paramedic
              • Aug 31, 2005

That looks like the best reissue, so far. Though, the final product may differ. That’s built in play value for big and little kids.

- Ian
              Rampart, this is Squad 51. How do you read?

Comment

• Mikey
                Verbose Member
                • Aug 9, 2001

I liked the 90's Playing Mantis reissue because they randomly had Evel's in multiple suits (like the originals)

I remember back in the day during the first issue all my buddies were jealous because my Evel had a red suit

Only prob with the PM reissue was the suits were made of really lousy material.

Hope this new re-reissue sells with different suits -- with better quality cloth.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                  Verbose Member
                  • Mar 7, 2004

My kids and I still get out my Playing Mantis reissue Evel and play with it once every couple of years. We did so right around Christmas when we had a lot of empty boxes to make ramps. When I can get my 17 year old on the floor playing with a toy, you know it's one heck of a toy!!!

Chris
                  sigpic

Comment

• SpaceCrawler
                    Veteran Member
                    • Mar 20, 2008

This first photo is of this new release- is this actually a reproduction of an original 70s toy? I don't ever remember seeing that style motorcycle. And too bad they didn't use the original artwork on the box! MASSIVE fail there.
                    evilknievel__54429.1549905475.jpg
                    The only one I know is this (2nd attached photo, with the mostly all white motorcycle).
                    top-5-raddest-evel-knievel-toys.jpg

Sean

Comment

• Myoldtoys
                      Veteran Member
                      • May 15, 2012

This is a reissue of the trail bike that came out a couple years after the original white bike. I think they keep remaking this one because it is cheaper to produce than the original design. The original white one had a metal chassis around the gears and gyro. The trail bike eliminated that and the gears are mounted into the plastic. Still very cool. Even though I have 4 vintage cycles, I will be ordering one of these.

Comment

• SeattleEd
                        SynthoRes Transmigrator
                        • Oct 24, 2007

Nice. Definitely getting one.

Comment

• J.B.
                          Guild Navigator
                          • Jun 23, 2010

Originally posted by Myoldtoys
                          This is a reissue of the trail bike that came out a couple years after the original white bike.
                          Yes. Trail Bike with second version of EK's helmet. Really nice reissue. MUCH better than the Playing Mantis version; which if I remember correctly, had black gloves and shoes, a screened V on chest, no belt, and a weird helmet.
                          You are transparent; I see many things... I see plans within plans.

Comment

• Myoldtoys
                            Veteran Member
                            • May 15, 2012

Originally posted by J.B.
                            Yes. Trail Bike with second version of EK's helmet. Really nice reissue. MUCH better than the Playing Mantis version; which if I remember correctly, had black gloves and shoes, a screened V on chest, no belt, and a weird helmet.
                            The picture on toywiz is the only one I can find. It's pretty tough to tell from that small picture, but all the pieces look very similar to the 2006-2007 Poof Slinky reissue. That one had a better looking figure than the Playing Mantis version. It was closer to the appearance of the originals, but the V on the front was printed on the fabric instead of sewn on.

Comment

• Chris
                              Persistent Member
                              • Dec 23, 2009

Luv this toy so much I gave them out as Christmas gifts to friends and family. Top 3 favorite toy.
                              If a Mego figure of God did not exist, it would be necessary for EMCE to invent him.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎