Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mego-Amigo
    Persistent Member
    • Jun 22, 2011

If all we are going to get from classic Trek is Kirk and Spock over and over again with no completely new characters I would rather just see the line end. Don't get me wrong, this line is my ALL time favorite Re-Mego line ( side by side with POTA ) but I would rather see DST concentrate on all new characters from STTNG instead of classic Trek in this case.

Comment

• drmego
      EMCE Toys
      • Jun 15, 2001

My hope is that now that DST is making Bride of Frankenstein and as the economy
      improves, we may be able to re-visit putting Chapel, Rand, and Vina in a future
      assortment. As long as DST has the Trek license, it's possible - not a certainty -
      but considering how much of a long shot this whole thing has been over the past
      6 years, I refuse to give up hope.
      www.drmego.com
      www.megoman.com
      www.emcetoys.com

Comment

• Mego-Amigo
        Persistent Member
        • Jun 22, 2011

I appreciate your encouragement and positive attitude Paul. Regardless of disappointments like this what you have done so far is awesome and I appreciate the fact that we even have Re-Mego figures now thanks to you. Myself and others here realize that you do not have control over companies like Mattel, DST, 20th Century Fox or Paramount and though we won't support all the bad decisions of these companies we will continue to support you.

Comment

• enyawd72
          Maker of Monsters!
          • Oct 1, 2009

Originally posted by drmego
          My hope is that now that DST is making Bride of Frankenstein and as the economy
          improves, we may be able to re-visit putting Chapel, Rand, and Vina in a future
          assortment. As long as DST has the Trek license, it's possible - not a certainty -
          but considering how much of a long shot this whole thing has been over the past
          6 years, I refuse to give up hope.
          I know of several non-Trek fans planning on buying Vina to make She-Hulk customs.
          I was gonna buy two just for that purpose. Maybe a shredded white dress in the next zombie kit? Hint hint!

Comment

• jwyblejr
            galactic yo-yo
            • Apr 6, 2006

I was just on YouTube watching Doc talk about these at the 2010 SDCC. I figure we've waited that long,what's a little while longer?

Comment

• Brianne Elizabeth
              • Mar 17, 2011

THIS IS THE MOST DISTRESSING HORRIBLE NEWS FOR ME SINCE like...um...ever.

My Heavens, I was so dancing for joy in anticipation of both Vina and Chapel. It's horrible! I want these figures so bad I've been marking my calendar. sigh. Is there a petition??

Oh, and is there a custom head that does better justice to Michelle Nichols? Anyone?...

Brianne!
              Kirk and Spock are good friends.

Comment

• Brianne Elizabeth
                • Mar 17, 2011

Please please don't give up on them... I can't buy figures often or quickly, but I pre-ordered my Cptn Pike and Salt-Monster (the first time I've ever done so), just to be sure there was some help with the commitment to the line.
                TOS Mego stuff is wonderful, I have trouble affording it, but if they stop... I'll cry!
                LOL
                They were my first adventure toys and I dearly love them.
                Brianne.

PS, does anyone have a better head sculpt for Uhura?
                Hugs and good wishes,
                Brianne
                Kirk and Spock are good friends.

Comment

• captact
                  King of Super Queens!
                  • Aug 19, 2007

I was expecting Vina and Chapel so badly,,...thats why i bought Pilke and Salt creature first,..hoping that the other two would be available as well,..cant at least an exclusive SDCC version set be released there just for fans who support this line better than redressed versions of Spock and Kirk???

Comment

• The Bat
                    Batman Fanatic
                    • Jul 14, 2002

Originally posted by Brianne Elizabeth
                    Oh, and is there a custom head that does better justice to Michelle Nichols? Anyone?...
                    Yes there is!

http://members.socket.net/~pjevans/heads.html
                    sigpic

Comment

• VintageMike
                      Permanent Member
                      • Dec 16, 2004

I think it was said elsewhere but they should have packed in a rerelease and one of these instead of making it a separate pack. Pretty sure that was the original thought
                      with the Aliens and it worked.

Comment

• bizzaro megomauler
                        WANTED for card bending
                        • Apr 26, 2008

I think this whole 2 figure selection is the pits! mix in some of theolder figs into cases, and watch the retail interest rise imagine a 12 pc case with 2 spocks, 2 kirks, 2 scotty. 2 Bones, a mix of aliens and females....win! as long as the core characters are there, the secondaries will sell.

Comment

• Mego-Amigo
                          Persistent Member
                          • Jun 22, 2011

If they do continue releasing the figures two at a time I think the best way to do the more obscure characters, females and aliens is to do them as very limited con exclusives. I always felt like the original Mego Gorn would be a big win as a con exclusive since the more screen accurate version was released for retail. They could team up one lady ( Vina, Chapel and Rand ) with one original Mego alien ( Gorn, Neptunian and Talos ). Just a thought on how we could get them for those of us that really want them to complete our collections.

Comment

• drmego
                            EMCE Toys
                            • Jun 15, 2001

another Uhura head

In other words - get the Playmates 9 inch Uhura and shrink the head
                            in acetone - which is what pjevans did.

Originally posted by The Bat
                            www.drmego.com
                            www.megoman.com
                            www.emcetoys.com

Comment

• samurainoir
                              Eloquent Member
                              • Dec 26, 2006

I'm kind of surprised to hear folks that want original Gorn, Neptunian and Talos over more show accurate versions. But I guess that is the power of nostalgia, particularly in the pre-video, pre-on demand age. Other than the cartoon version that kinda sorta but not really Neptunian.

With Trek variants beginning, and a precedence of at least Shatner giving his approval on the new TZ figure(s), I'd love to see the bridge crew in movie uniforms with new sculpts. I think this would be the sweet spot for nostalgia. Movie Khan. Movie Klingons.
                              My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!

Comment

• samurainoir
                                Eloquent Member
                                • Dec 26, 2006

As for other female Trek figures that I think might be popular... Pair up Data with a Borg Queen, and Krsty Ally Saavik with movie Spock.

How well did repro Uhura sell? Would she have sold better paired with al alien other than Mugato? Like Romulan?
                                My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎