X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mr.Marion
    Permanent Member
    • Sep 15, 2014

NFL playoffs

Anybody else been watching the games. Bills have been playing really good.
  • EMCE Hammer
    Moderation Engineer
    • Aug 14, 2003

I'll be joining my son today to watch the Browns/Chiefs game. I'll hope for a miracle, but I expect to be consoling him later today as I doubt the Chiefs will spot a 28 point lead. I passed the Browns gene on to him.

I agree, the Bills look like they have all the pieces.

Comment

• J.B.
      Guild Navigator
      • Jun 23, 2010

Haven't seen one game this season. Too political. I watch sports to get away from that, not to get lectured. Walked away after 40 years and may never come back.
      You are transparent; I see many things... I see plans within plans.

Comment

• Goblin19
        Talkative Member
        • May 2, 2002

Will be watching Browns today. Hopeful, but not too optimistic. I do think they have a chance.

Comment

• Goblin19
          Talkative Member
          • May 2, 2002

Bad blown call before half, but Browns need to make the stop when they have Chiefs 3rd and 14 with a backup QB.

Will be rooting for the Bulls next week, but also hope Mahomes can come back healthy. He’s a very likeable kid. Based on how he seemed, I doubt he’ll be back this week, though.

Comment

• Mr.Marion
            Permanent Member
            • Sep 15, 2014

Originally posted by Goblin19
            Bad blown call before half, but Browns need to make the stop when they have Chiefs 3rd and 14 with a backup QB.

Will be rooting for the Bulls next week, but also hope Mahomes can come back healthy. He’s a very likeable kid. Based on how he seemed, I doubt he’ll be back this week, though.
            Concussions are no joke, a week is long enough time to recover but ideally you want 2 weeks. Bills could be the favorites next Sunday.

Comment

• TrekStar
              Trek or Treat
              • Jan 20, 2011

Well folks around here are routing against Brady, and it really makes me want to spit fire. He led us to 9 superbowls and 6 championships, no other QB in history has done that, the best QB we had since the Patriots began in 1960. The 2 faced fickle fans around here praised him and wanted to give him the key to the city when he was winning for us. He still wants to play so why not keep playing if you still can at 43, he’s a competitor and wants to win one more superbowl. The owner who is something of a womanizer and lush didn’t want to pay him, so he went somewhere else, it’s not just a sport, it’s business too. Go Buccaneers!

Comment

• shaunaconda
                Museum Super Collector
                • Mar 29, 2020

Originally posted by TrekStar
                Well folks around here are routing against Brady, and it really makes me want to spit fire. He led us to 9 superbowls and 6 championships, no other QB in history has done that, the best QB we had since the Patriots began in 1960. The 2 faced fickle fans around here praised him and wanted to give him the key to the city when he was winning for us. He still wants to play so why not keep playing if you still can at 43, he’s a competitor and wants to win one more superbowl. The owner who is something of a womanizer and lush didn’t want to pay him, so he went somewhere else, it’s not just a sport, it’s business too. Go Buccaneers!
                What he and the Pats did was absolutely amazing! And what he’s doing now is pretty amazing too. I didn’t think the Bucs would make it this far.

I doubt the fans there are any different than the Cowboys fans around here. Talk about fickle!

Comment

• Hector
                  el Hombre de Acero
                  • May 19, 2003

I’m rooting for Aaron Rodgers and the Packers. But big respect for Tom Brady and what he’s accomplishing with the Bucks.

I also want the Bills to beat the Chiefs, as I can’t stand them, lol.
                  sigpic

Comment

• Hector
                    el Hombre de Acero
                    • May 19, 2003

Non playoff talk...

I’m crossing fingers my Niners get Deshaun Watson, he’s a stud. Jimmy Garoppolo sucks, he gets hurt too frequently, scatters under pressure, and has a subpar arm. Please, please, pretty please...get Deshaun Watson. Can you imagine Watson under Kyle Shanahan‘s offensive mind? Yes, yes, and yes...
                    Last edited by Hector; Jan 20, '21, 6:50 PM.
                    sigpic

Comment

• Mr.Marion
                      Permanent Member
                      • Sep 15, 2014

Originally posted by Hector
                      Non playoff talk...

I’m crossing fingers my Niners get Deshaun Watson, he’s a stud. Jimmy Garoppolo sucks, he gets hurt too frequently, scatters under pressure, and has a subpar arm. Please, please, pretty please...get Deshaun Watson. Can you imagine Watson under Kyle Shanahan‘s offensive mind? Yes, yes, and yes...
                      I'm hearing the Jets and Dolphins are his most likely destinations. The 49ers do need to move on from Jimmy G. Mitch Trubisky will probably be the best qb available without giving up a king's ransom.

Comment

• Hector
                        el Hombre de Acero
                        • May 19, 2003

Originally posted by Mr.Marion
                        I'm hearing the Jets and Dolphins are his most likely destinations. The 49ers do need to move on from Jimmy G. Mitch Trubisky will probably be the best qb available without giving up a king's ransom.
                        Yeah, I know it’s a long shot. I can only dream, lol. But I’ll take Mitch Trubisky over Jimmy G any day. Trubisky has been disappointing himself, but at least he has the better arm and is the much better athlete. He could shine under the guidance of Kyle Shanahan.

Man, but I want Deshaun Watson though..
                        sigpic

Comment

• Goblin19
                          Talkative Member
                          • May 2, 2002

I would think Bears, Jets, 49ers, Dolphins would all be scrambling for him. Three pplayoff caliber teams who desperately need a QB, plus the Jets who need a QB and have a lot of draft picks.

Comment

• rykerw1701
                            Persistent Member
                            • Aug 27, 2007

I've been a Bills fan my entire life as I grew up near Buffalo. There have been far more bad seasons than good, but this one is clearly a lot of fun. They beat the Chiefs if no Mahomes, otherwise they go away empty handed. And I like Mahomes, but it wouldn't hurt my feelings if he has to sit out, and then comes back strong again next year.

Also pulling for the Pack over the Bucs, because I'm tired of Brady. And it wouldn't be able to deal with him beating the Bills again, only this time in a Super Bowl.

Comment

• jwyblejr
                              galactic yo-yo
                              • Apr 6, 2006

Making a bold prediction. Packers go all they way. Rogers gets both regular and Super Bowl MVPs. Then retires and says "now see if you can do better without me."

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎