Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Chris
    Persistent Member
    • Dec 23, 2009

The bandolier looks pretty damn close to an original. The brass buttons look great. Excellent work.

Will5967 thx for the well thought out response.
    If a Mego figure of God did not exist, it would be necessary for EMCE to invent him.

Comment

• will5967
      Member of the Assembly
      • Sep 27, 2009

Very nice work!
      Leader of the Hunt: I don't understand these animal psychologists. What is Dr. Zira trying to prove? Dr. Zaius: That man can be domesticated.

Comment

• Hector
        el Hombre de Acero
        • May 19, 2003

Jessica is a madwoman...wow...she kicks arse...

sigpic

Comment

• jessica
          fortune favors the bold
          • Nov 5, 2007

Fixing this broken statue for my friend Carmen, using Amazing Sculpt for the first time. It was the only one at Ross, and since it was broken, they gave her an additional 10% off. I prefer Apoxie...or sculpey...but have to try all mediums! She and I agree the stupid skid marks all over the cherubs are distracting...so I will paint over this with whatever paint I've got. The reason why I wanted to try Amazing sculpt was that I had read on a website that there was no droop factor. Lies. There IS a droop factor...so that was annoying because I had to work around it.

Last edited by jessica; Jan 26, '12, 1:40 AM.
          Those who look outside dream. Those who look within awake.
          Samples of my work are found here: Life, Liberty and Pursuit of Happiness

To do list:
          1:6 boots for Mathilda, 1:1 Romulan Commander outfit, Ursus helmet; Cornelius appliance
          1:9 scale ape's new suit for Cornelius;

Comment

• jessica
            fortune favors the bold
            • Nov 5, 2007

I just have to spray this statue now with gloss spray and I can call it complete!

To do list:
            1:6 boots for Mathilda, 1:1 Romulan Commander outfit, Ursus helmet; Cornelius appliance

Comment

• will5967
              Member of the Assembly
              • Sep 27, 2009

Well done! You can hardly tell that there was ever ANYTHING wrong with the original piece.
              Leader of the Hunt: I don't understand these animal psychologists. What is Dr. Zira trying to prove? Dr. Zaius: That man can be domesticated.

Comment

• jessica
                fortune favors the bold
                • Nov 5, 2007

Old project...new plan...

To do list:

Comment

• Chris
                  Persistent Member
                  • Dec 23, 2009

That looks hot. Are you thinking a one piece cast?
                  If a Mego figure of God did not exist, it would be necessary for EMCE to invent him.

Comment

• jessica
                    fortune favors the bold
                    • Nov 5, 2007

Yes I am thinking a one piece cast that needs to be covered in leather. Hieroglyphs will be sculpted...so the leather can get glued on top...plus that flap surrounding the back/shoulders needs to be in leather...It kind of looks like crap now...but in a few days' time I may be able to smooth everything out and work on the hieroglyph portion of the helmet. My sister saw me working on it last night and she said, "What? You're still working on that thing?" Of course. Have to get it right no matter how long it takes.

Last edited by jessica; Feb 21, '12, 4:05 PM.

To do list:

Comment

• Chris
                      Persistent Member
                      • Dec 23, 2009

It's going to look great. I hope you hair it up when it's finished...and if it's cast you might just make more than one. My fireplace mantle is surprisingly lacking a gorilla head.
                      Last edited by Chris; Feb 10, '12, 8:58 AM.

Comment

• jessica
                        fortune favors the bold
                        • Nov 5, 2007

Ursus just took a back seat. I've got 20 kids to costume and deadline is June 30.

So sorry this is not Mego-related...I'm smack dab in the middle of costuming 15 children (thought it was 20...but that's been whittled down some)...the finish line is not even close. I hope to finish these costumes soon.

Goal:

One of the outfits:

Hee hee...have to sneak in some chimp hieroglyphs on one of the collars...probably for the kid who will play Magic Johnson's part:
                        Last edited by jessica; Mar 21, '12, 2:34 PM.

To do list:

Comment

• Chris
                          Persistent Member
                          • Dec 23, 2009

Originally posted by jessica
                          Ursus just took a back seat. I've got 20 kids to costume and deadline is June 30.
                          It was fun while it lasted.

Comment

• jessica
                            fortune favors the bold
                            • Nov 5, 2007

Haven't sculpted in a very long time. So out of practice. Sorry---had to remove the photo....for the grand unveiling.

Anyway, here's the Queen's collar for that huge costuming project I am working on.

And the MJ outfit with bling:
                            Last edited by jessica; Mar 23, '12, 1:35 AM.

To do list:

Comment

• Chris
                              Persistent Member
                              • Dec 23, 2009

Cecil B. Demille wants his costume back. That is amazing!!!

Comment

• Neutron X
                                Persistent Member
                                • Dec 22, 2007

I love the updates on your creative projects, always fun and inspriring!

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎