X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mr.Marion
    Permanent Member
    • Sep 15, 2014

Originally posted by Hector
    Why? Wonder Woman was both a box office hit and critically acclaimed.

While JL might not be a mega hit here in the States...it’s breaking records in China.

I dug the heck outta JL. Can’t wait to see Aquaman next year.

The last Fantastic Four was truly abysmal...so was Iron Man 3 (although I admit, it made tons of money). So Marvel does lay out some bad eggs too.

DCEU will be just fine...Zack Snyder is out...nothing but improvement from now on...
    I thought Homecoming was by far the worse marvel film and that's including Thor 2 which I can't remember the plot of.

IM 3 wasn't awful but a borderline parity bought on the success of the success by the previous films and Avengers.

But Spiderman I can't defend other than their plan was to reinvent the character for a new generation, blah, blah . I honestly think it was almost at F4ntastic levels other than the editing was clean and taking place in the MCU.

Comment

• Hector
      el Hombre de Acero
      • May 19, 2003

Homecoming was a QUADRILLION times better than Iron Man 3.

Lame annoying boring Tony “Panic Attacks” Stark and kid interaction.

Iron Man repeatedly crashing and destroying suit.

Iron Patriot, the most useless so-called superhero ever.

Dozens of Iron Man suits (controlled remotely by J.A.R.V.I.S.) can’t defeat Killian...oh, but Pepper Potts can, lol.

...and don’t get me started on the Mandarin, one of the lamest treatments of a comic book character ever.

I’d rather be beheaded by Kim Jong-un than watch that garbage again...

sigpic

Comment

• jwyblejr
        galactic yo-yo
        • Apr 6, 2006

I have to wonder how they handle the situation with Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver. Do they bring the Fox version of Quicksilver over and say "Oh hey,he was your real brother all along." Or will they do something else?

Comment

• thunderbolt
          Hi Ernie!!!
          • Feb 15, 2004

On the bright side it looks like Singer is done with Fox. he was fired from the Freddie Mercury film last week and I imagine Fox will not want him around any other movies for them.
          You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Madcap70
            • Dec 4, 2017

It finally happened!!! Thank God X-Men/Deadpool and FF are coming home!

Comment

• The Bat
              Batman Fanatic
              • Jul 14, 2002

I'm still euphoric over the news! Finally! X-Men and FF under Marvel Entertainment/Disney...there is a God!
              sigpic

Comment

• thunderbolt
                Hi Ernie!!!
                • Feb 15, 2004

A god that wants Disney to own everything. Its never good to have all the eggs in one basket.
                You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Madcap70
                  • Dec 4, 2017

Originally posted by thunderbolt
                  A god that wants Disney to own everything. Its never good to have all the eggs in one basket.
                  Debbie Downer man.....Sorry EVERYTHING Marvel should be under Disney just like EVERYTHING DC is under Warner Brothers....

Comment

• MRP
                    Persistent Member
                    • Jul 19, 2016

Of course there are reports out there now (reported on by the Nerdist) that Marvel won't get the FF rights back because Fox only owned distribution rights, not the IP rights, which are held by a German production company...

if these reports are accurate, no FF characters in the MCU unless another deal is made with this company.

-M
                    "Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Comment

• thunderbolt
                      Hi Ernie!!!
                      • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by Madcap70
                      Debbie Downer man.....Sorry EVERYTHING Marvel should be under Disney just like EVERYTHING DC is under Warner Brothers....
                      There's a lot more to this than just getting back the rights to some Marvel characters. A lot more. They now own two tv networks and 2/3rds of Hulu, all of Fox's properties, too. Aliens, Predator etc. This is more a plan to take on Amazon and Netflix than to reunite the Marvel Universe.

Comment

• Madcap70
                        • Dec 4, 2017

There's a lot more to this than just getting back the rights to some Marvel characters. A lot more. They now own two tv networks and 2/3rds of Hulu, all of Fox's properties, too. Aliens, Predator etc. This is more a plan to take on Amazon and Netflix than to reunite the Marvel Universe.
                        OK and??? I want good movies too not sub par like Fox & Sony (Minus Deadpool,Logan and Spider-Man homecoming)

Comment

• thunderbolt
                          Hi Ernie!!!
                          • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by Madcap70
                          OK and??? I want good movies too not sub par like Fox & Sony (Minus Deadpool,Logan and Spider-Man homecoming)
                          Its a lot bigger plan than that if you don't see it or don't care if all your entertainment ends up controlled by one corporation then enjoy.

Comment

• palitoy
                            live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                            • Jun 16, 2001

Its a lot bigger plan than that if you don't see it or don't care if all your entertainment ends up controlled by one corporation then enjoy.
                            Yeah, this is waaaaay bigger than comic book movies.
                            Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                            http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                              Muddling through
                              • Oct 4, 2008

I keep wondering when they will hit the point where the US government screams monopoly and breaks up the house of mouse

Comment

• Hedji
                                Citizen of Gotham
                                • Nov 17, 2012

Originally posted by palitoy
                                Yeah, this is waaaaay bigger than comic book movies.
                                It is. Strange how most people are anti-big corporation, except when it comes to entertainment properties. I'll admit, there are tantalizing surface positives, but big picture, this is just one more loss for the art of cinema, how movies get made, and who gets to make them.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎