X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • thunderbolt
    Hi Ernie!!!
    • Feb 15, 2004

I don't use Amazon, so no.
    You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• sprytel
      Talkative Member
      • Jun 26, 2009

Originally posted by powersthatbe
      I had trouble removing some screws in the back, I'm sure due to my age and turn strength in my hands. but they seem alright have some custom/kitbash ideas already floating in my noggin
      It is a known? issue with these figures (at least prior to FTC).

Comment

• thunderbolt
        Hi Ernie!!!
        • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by sprytel
        It is a known? issue with these figures (at least prior to FTC).
        and the Castaway screws are easy to strip out, too as they need to be really tight to avoid floppy arms and waist.
        You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• powersthatbe
          Persistent Member
          • Sep 27, 2010

I think I just wasn’t using a proper screwdriver.they’re tight enough.

Comment

• Capt Kirk
            Museum Patron
            • Jan 15, 2005

I read the announcement in the newsletter, and immediately ordered two male and four female bodies, as well as a handful of male heads. They arrived three days later, precisely as ordered.
            I have also had issues with FTC in the past, but the last five orders from them were not a problem.
            AUDACIEUX ET TENACE

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
              Often invisible
              • Jul 18, 2002

It’s funny this came up. I have 4 type S and two of them arrived with screws so stripped that no driver I have can get purchase on them. Is my only option to drill out the screw? I don’t even have a drill!
              Expectation is the death of discovery.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                Hi Ernie!!!
                • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by CrimsonGhost
                It’s funny this came up. I have 4 type S and two of them arrived with screws so stripped that no driver I have can get purchase on them. Is my only option to drill out the screw? I don’t even have a drill!
                Probably all you can do there, doubt there is an ez out that small. Have you tried a small flat head to see if it can grab it somewhere?

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
                  Often invisible
                  • Jul 18, 2002

Originally posted by thunderbolt
                  Probably all you can do there, doubt there is an ez out that small. Have you tried a small flat head to see if it can grab it somewhere?
                  Yeah, I did try that but no luck. I checked out some videos for working with stripped screws on 80’s GI Joe figures and they just drilled them out. So I guess I’ll have to go buy a drill or something.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                    Hi Ernie!!!
                    • Feb 15, 2004

no dremel?

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
                      Often invisible
                      • Jul 18, 2002

I used to have one handy, but it’s now is storage on the opposite coast. But you have a good point, I would be more likely to use a dremel for more things later.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                        Hi Ernie!!!
                        • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by CrimsonGhost
                        I used to have one handy, but it’s now is storage on the opposite coast. But you have a good point, I would be more likely to use a dremel for more things later.
                        Yeah I was thinking that you'd have one handy. Either a small grinding bit or drill bit should work.

Comment

• TheVintageToyKid
                          Career Member
                          • Jul 23, 2019

Does anyone know where to get a good neck plug/adapter for a 12-inch body? I have seen some on eBay, but they appear as though they will only work if the had you are using has an actual neck (not one that can attach to the body, but an actual neck attached to the head as part of the sculpt). The head I am interested in using is just that, a head. There is no neck and even if I do find a 12-inch neck plug/adapter, I'm afraid it will attach the head to the body but also make it look like the figure has no neck.
                          "I thought they didn't allow no bathin' suits in here."

Comment

• phil
                            Persistent Member
                            • May 11, 2007

1. Do the New MEGO style heads work with the neck adapter?

2. Do heads have to be glued to the neck adapters?

Comment

• thunderbolt
                              Hi Ernie!!!
                              • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by phil
                              1. Do the New MEGO style heads work with the neck adapter?

2. Do heads have to be glued to the neck adapters?
                              Probably still have to do some work to the new Mego heads to get tehm to work with the adapters, and yes they'd need to be glued in

Comment

• phil
                                Persistent Member
                                • May 11, 2007

Thank you Thinderbolt.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡