X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • VintageMike
    Permanent Member
    • Dec 16, 2004

Originally posted by MegoScott
    I watched some of that yesterday, the Teen Titans and Justice League (with the Atom). They were so terrible!
    I got a bootleg of these at at a convention a while back and I can only say it was $10 well spent....to know that's one "classic" series I'll pass on if it sees an official DVD release.

Comment

• jwyblejr
      galactic yo-yo
      • Apr 6, 2006

Originally posted by saildog
      TIVO picked up all of the Fantastic Four (1967) for me (or more accurately, my niece). That show was so cheesy it was good.
      It may have been cheesy but I think it's better than the one they had just ran on Cartoon Network.

Comment

• jds1911a1
        Alan Scott is the best GL
        • Aug 8, 2007

Like Hulk I will not pay any extra for the upgrades in my opinion my money is better saved to just buy the stuff I want when it's realeased. Personally I love the Filmation TT and JLA shows but then I'm old enough to remember a the Titans of the early 70's (groovy man) and watched most of these on 1st run reruns (and superfriends and 77 bats on first run). if you ever want to see what happens to timelel material over time read a "swingin Christmas carol" in the DC christmas trade paperback UGHH.

Originally posted by saildog
        TIVO picked up all of the Fantastic Four (1967) for me (or more accurately, my niece). That show was so cheesy it was good.
        if you find the 60's edition cheesy watch the 70's one that replaced Torch with the robot. That is like limburger it stinks so bad.
        I even like the 60's iron man and cap (where most of the backround is still and the only motion is a cut out dragged across the screen) it's amazing how badly done these are in comparison with the SPiderman shows from the same period (even for all the recylced footage)

and the filmations for DC are miles ahead
        Last edited by jds1911a1; Sep 17, '07, 7:43 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
          Verbose Member
          • Mar 7, 2004

It may have been cheesy but I think it's better than the one they had just ran on Cartoon Network.
          Amen. That new FF toon is horrible. I can't even watch it. I think I'd almost rather watch the Corman FF movie.

The 60s FF toon is pretty faithful to the Lee/Kirby comics. I like it myself.

Chris
          sigpic

Comment

• palitoy
            live. laugh. lisa needs braces
            • Jun 16, 2001

I personally do not mind the Marathon show, mostly because my kid REALLY digs it.

When I read him FF comics however (which is often enough) I find myself doing weird imitations of Gerald Mohr and Paul Frees. Those are still to me, the best interpretation of the comics.
            Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
            http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Brue
              User without title
              • Sep 29, 2005

IMy cable provider doesn't carry Boomerang :(

I thought the whole point of it was to show old toons since cartoon network has been filled up with useless new stuff.

???

Comment

• kingdom warrior
                OH JES!!
                • Jul 21, 2005

I love me some Hanna/Barbera Toons never get enough of them......

Is there any chance in hell that Emce can get the liscense from Hanna/Barbera and instead of Marvel and DC we can get some Birdman Galaxy trio Herculoids Mightor etc... Megolike figures? I'd like that more than the same Mego figures i already have or can easily get.

Comment

Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎