Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LonnieFisher
    Eloquent Member
    • Jan 19, 2008

In depth video review of the comparison between the new body versus the one getting replaced.

Comment

• KingKickass1983
      Career Member
      • Jan 19, 2019

Really not digging the new body...
      Wanted:

Diamond select Spider-man hands. Long shot, I know...but ya never know..

Comment

• monitor_ep
        Talkative Member
        • May 11, 2013

I need this body for my band members. With the arm movements made easier with the new bandless bodies.
        Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• nubee
          Career Member
          • Feb 15, 2010

Originally posted by LonnieFisher
          In depth video review of the comparison between the new body versus the one getting replaced.

2nd Video review with loose waist joints....and now with the hip joint too.

Mego, so far, is NOT impressing me at all with this smaller body. Worst is that I can't even replace it with a Type S. I was really looking forward to Captain Marvel, Black Adam and (even with the smaller body) Ghost Busters. I thought new would be better.

Comment

• apes3978
            Permanent Member
            • Nov 19, 2005

Originally posted by nubee
            2nd Video review with loose waist joints....and now with the hip joint too..
            I'm all for the new figures they're producing, however, if everything's going to be loose, then they might as well go back to the original T-0 or T-1 bodies, and stretch the elastic on them and make them all wobbly...

Comment

• Confessional
              Maker & Whatnot
              • Aug 8, 2012

Perspective is an interesting thing… what's "significant" to some is easily overcome/manipulated with hot water by others.

Comment

• rykerw1701
                Persistent Member
                • Aug 27, 2007

Good review! Thanks for doing it

Comment

• palitoy
                  live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                  • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by Confessional
                  Perspective is an interesting thing… what's "significant" to some is easily overcome/manipulated with hot water by others.
                  hair dryer works sometimes too.
                  Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                  http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• ODBJBG
                    Permanent Member
                    • May 15, 2009

It's a step in the right direction, but I'll be honest for as long as this body has been in development I thought it would turn out a lot better. I know they have their own experts who are working on this, but it does feel like they could have consulted some folks outside of that circle who could have told them some simple things to correct.

I generally continue to be baffled by the inability of any company to make a body that's really worthy of being the ultimate Mego replacement body. Type-S still seems to be the standard, although they have issues as well.

Comment

• Brown Bear
                      Still Old School
                      • Feb 14, 2008

I'm a big believer in "if it ain't broke, don't fix it".

When Mego came back, Mego is what I wanted, warts and all. I wanted every new Mego to stand beside the 70's versions and blend in perfectly. If I wanted modern, I'd buy Neca. The neck stub made sense to me as it has no impact on shelf appearance and solves an old issue. The bandless body concept also makes a ton of sense, again correcting the old elastic band problem. I just wish it was the old Mego body that was moved to bandless as this new body looks more "mego-like" than "mego". I know everyone says if the mego logo is on it than it's mego and i agree, but if you stand the 12" FTC Joker and the 14" Mego Joker next to your vintage 12" Mego Batman you'll see what I mean.

Just my personal preference and to be clear won't have a negative impact on my purchasing habits. I'll continue to buy any characters I like regardless what body they're on. But I can see me down the road swapping out this new body to a vintage one and using the new body for a custom.
                      Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

• KingKickass1983
                        Career Member
                        • Jan 19, 2019

Originally posted by ODBJBG
                        It's a step in the right direction, but I'll be honest for as long as this body has been in development I thought it would turn out a lot better. I know they have their own experts who are working on this, but it does feel like they could have consulted some folks outside of that circle who could have told them some simple things to correct.

I generally continue to be baffled by the inability of any company to make a body that's really worthy of being the ultimate Mego replacement body. Type-S still seems to be the standard, although they have issues as well.
                        I wish they would have just looked to the ZICA bodies as inspiration...
                        Wanted:

Diamond select Spider-man hands. Long shot, I know...but ya never know..

Comment

• KnightDetective
                          Veteran Member
                          • Aug 31, 2012

Originally posted by KingKickass1983
                          I wish they would have just looked to the ZICA bodies as inspiration...
                          Always hoped Craig would revisit Mego scale and produce this one at some point...

Craig said that he had a new one in the works, and that we'd see it previewed here. Is it ready yet?

Not a fan of mid torso joints, but I like it otherwise!

Comment

• TRDouble
                            Permanent Member
                            • Jul 10, 2012

I haven't watched any of the videos yet, but after seeing the Type-S next to the new bandless Mego body and at the suggestion of someone else in that thread, I just did a quick back-to-back of Snake Eyes and The Invisible Man, both fully dressed. For what it's worth, IM was slightly shorter than Snake-Eyes. I will post a picture later this evening.

I really can't wait for the Topps and general variant release so I can start playing around with one of the dupes I ordered. My main display issue may just be fitting these in with the Type-S swaps I've done, mostly with FTC, but NuMego Superman and Batman are also on Type-S in my display. But that will probably be a minimal, perspective issue resolved by creative shelf placement.

Comment

• lucasd4
                              • Jun 1, 2007

Originally posted by TRDouble
                              I haven't watched any of the videos yet, but after seeing the Type-S next to the new bandless Mego body and at the suggestion of someone else in that thread, I just did a quick back-to-back of Snake Eyes and The Invisible Man, both fully dressed. For what it's worth, IM was slightly shorter than Snake-Eyes. I will post a picture later this evening.

I really can't wait for the Topps and general variant release so I can start playing around with one of the dupes I ordered. My main display issue may just be fitting these in with the Type-S swaps I've done, mostly with FTC, but NuMego Superman and Batman are also on Type-S in my display. But that will probably be a minimal, perspective issue resolved by creative shelf placement.

The Invisible Man on the regular Mego body is taller than Snake Eyes on the new bandless body. Make sure your Snake Eyes has his boots pushed all the way onto his feet. Both of my Snake Eyes figures had boots not pushed all the way onto the feet, which made the figures appear taller. The new bandless body is a bit shorter than the regular Mego body and quite a bit shorter than the Type S.

DSCN0372.jpg

DSCN0373.jpg

DSCN0374.jpg
                              Last edited by lucasd4; May 23, '22, 6:04 PM.

Comment

• ToyBob
                                Museum Patron
                                • Feb 21, 2022

It is strange the change in neck stalk shape, I think the sphere end mostly just makes for a smoother removal of the head rather than increasing articulation since it's the same horizontal swivel. My take away from Logic Blaster's comparison video.

I'd like to comment on the molding seams since the new body looks a lot smoother, that is something I don't like is pronounced seams and obvious injection hole flush cuts. Just something that seems very improved to highlight.

Funny about the posing since I just got some vintage Mego figures and they pose better than NuMego with superior bands so anything to increase pose retention is excellent in my books. Actually think many of the 2018 Mego problems could be remedied with a more custom shaped band, something like a seastar rather than small O-rings. I know restringing helps but that is almost an artform compared to making a center band shape that works instantly with those parts.

Do see some shoulder and hip joint articulation limitations but that is a hard balance to manage, wide clearance it looks too robotic, too little clearance and the movement range suffers. Like everyone I don't like looseness, a little is okay but if the figure can't stand then that would be too much ijs.

So grateful there is an elbow swivel, just got a 14" Poison Ivy which I really like but was disappointed it wouldn't articulate that way. Do agree that it shouldn't be that hard to improve one figure body when compared to the often numerous bespoke variations used in other toylines.

The waist confuses me the more I look at it, the gap, mainly because I've seen internal barbell joints like that with mass included. In particular the old sphere section of vintage and NuMego, kind of seems like they could have retained that part.
                                I believe in psychics, but I also believe in charlatans and mental illness.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎