Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mego Newbie14
    Veteran Member
    • Jul 25, 2018

The price drop will make it a little easier to get a in package set and loose set. I love the way they look on card.

Comment

• cdhall
      Persistent Member
      • Aug 14, 2004

Indeed I just saw this myself today and logged in here to see what the price used to be. I can’t remember. It seems ages ago that I had 3 Mirror Dioramas, 3 Dracs, 2 AJs, Chekov and Sulu...
      I kept 1 each Trek.
      The Target I just checked is out of Trek Dioramas but has 2 Sulus left and a few other 8” and 4 Jeanie Dioramas.
      —-
      “It was the best of times, it was the worst of times. Message, Spock?”
      - Admiral Kirk

"...surely, the best of times."
      - Captain Spock
      https://youtu.be/tOtKcJtahKQ

Comment

• wise guy
        Career Member
        • Dec 29, 2014

A price drop already ? They came out 5 weeks ago (not a very good sign).

Comment

• LonnieFisher
          Eloquent Member
          • Jan 19, 2008

I know the store closest to me that carries them has very little selection. I need to go check out what they have left.

Comment

• Mego Newbie14
            Veteran Member
            • Jul 25, 2018

Originally posted by wise guy
            A price drop already ? They came out 5 weeks ago (not a very good sign).
            They probably to do a slight price if they plan on putting new product on the shelves every 45 days. I'm interested in seeing how this goes. Excited for a quick turn around for new figures and worried about to much product hanging on the pegs.

Comment

• Mary Canary
              Career Member
              • Jun 21, 2017

Mego report from Southern Illinois, just across the river from St. Louis.

In town from Canada visiting friends and family and went by 3 Targets. All 3 have Mego. But none of them have Dracula.

Location 1 had all the girl figures, but 1 Norm and 1 Hendrix were all that were left of the guys. No Trek 2 packs and no 14 inch DC either. Oddly, the Kelly Garrett figures at this location did not have the limited edition stickers. Just the Kellys, LoL.

Location 2 had the figures on the clearance side endcap and had pretty much everyone. I checked the Kellys here - they had stickers, but 1 of the 2 Kellys in stock had 2 left hands! What the heck??

Location 3 had lots of Sulus and Chekovs, but not a single Kelly!

Comment

• boss
                Talkative Member
                • Jun 18, 2003

^ that’s my neck of the woods. Welcome.
                Fresh, not from concentrate.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                  Verbose Member
                  • Mar 7, 2004

Both Targets in Lexington, KY seemed to have a pretty good supply of all the single 8" figures...except Dracula. I scored the lone Dracula at the original Target store near the mall. That one also had the DC 14" figures, but they were either gone or not yet displayed at the other store. Both stores had a few of the Trek sets, and a ton of I Dream of Jeanies.

Chris
                  sigpic

Comment

• Mary Canary
                    Career Member
                    • Jun 21, 2017

Originally posted by boss
                    ^ that’s my neck of the woods. Welcome.
                    Oh yeah? Where at? I'm originally from Belleville IL but moved up to Toronto a few years ago. Heading back Sunday - trying to decide if I need to make any last minute Mego purchases before I do since I know this is likely my last chance for Wave 1.

Comment

• Mego Newbie14
                      Veteran Member
                      • Jul 25, 2018

Just hit the Target closest to me. Last time there the pegs were full of singles, full shelves of two packs and 14 inch. Now the pegs looked half full and the 14 inch were missing batman. No Drac or Jimi. Two AJ but the cards were bad. I grabbed another Norm and Piper.

Comment

• boss
                        Talkative Member
                        • Jun 18, 2003

O’Fallon, IL.

I may have seen a Dracula over in Bridgton, MO about a month ago. Who knows if it’s still there.

Originally posted by Mary Canary
                        Oh yeah? Where at? I'm originally from Belleville IL but moved up to Toronto a few years ago. Heading back Sunday - trying to decide if I need to make any last minute Mego purchases before I do since I know this is likely my last chance for Wave 1.
                        Fresh, not from concentrate.

Comment

• ODBJBG
                          Permanent Member
                          • May 15, 2009

Two closest Targets are still full to the brim with Tootie, Alice and girl from Charlie's Angels. Not even the Trek stuff seems to be moving anymore. I've been keeping tabs on the numbers. These are the same figures from launch. Was hoping lower price point would activate some sales here, but no dice. Will check the other nearest Target later this week. With Wave 2 starting or about to hit, my fear is still that we'll never see them because Wave 1 stock hasn't moved. We shall see.

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                            Eloquent Member
                            • Jan 19, 2008

The closest store to me that carries them has a few left.
                            Norm-1
                            Kelly-3
                            Alice-6
                            AJ-3
                            Tootie-3
                            Piper-2
                            Jeannie-3

Comment

• Mary Canary
                              Career Member
                              • Jun 21, 2017

Originally posted by boss
                              O’Fallon, IL.

I may have seen a Dracula over in Bridgton, MO about a month ago. Who knows if it’s still there.
                              Oooh. Neighbors! How nice!

Comment

• MIB41
                                Eloquent Member
                                • Sep 25, 2005

Louisville has six Targets that I can examine. The one closest to me has been a grand slam. I checked in last night looking for Wave 2 and they had roughly 15 eight inch figures left of various assortment and three Jeannie sets, one for each shelf. So it was sparse to say the least. And this store was the first to put up a display and restock at least once, if not more. We're in that store allot because its so close which has allowed me to watch the volumes sell down and then get replenished. But this one has been the exception to the rule. The others (as of last week) remained relatively full of most selections, even the 14 inch figures.

I'm living in the moment and enjoying this. I take nothing for granted. We've been down this road before with other brand names from our childhood. Walmart released the GI Joe Adventure team complete with coffin boxes, which had that base dreaming of bigger and better things. TRU had an exclusive with Captain Action that had people talking about the bright future for that license. Remember shelves looking like this during Christmas of 2012?

[IMG][/IMG]

And of course now we have Mego back on the pegs thanks to Target rolling the dice and taking that chance for Marty. It's been a fun ride for people like us who grew up with these toys. The fact that I can walk into a brick and mortar store and pick up a Mego style figure or go online and pick from an INSANE assortment of licenses by FTC and do the same is quite frankly a very cool moment in my life. I'm not remotely worried about whether they will "last", because NOTHING lasts forever. I'm just grateful they're here today so I have something I can enjoy looking at and share with my grandson. I'm going to revel in this moment. Tomorrow will take care of itself.

You know how we always wished we could jump into those old pictures of toys stocked on shelves? Well the way I see it, you can jump into this one right now and get what you want. That one above is gone forever as is the store that sold them. The one below is waiting for you to embrace it right now. I'm diggin' it.

[IMG][/IMG]

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎