Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Your pal, Jim
    Museum Patron
    • Apr 3, 2015

I only ordered Wonder Woman and Silver Swan, but they arrived last Friday. I like them, but WW's bracelets and tiara are sure to fall off every chance they get and be lost forever. Her plastic belt is probably gonna rip, too.

Comment

• rodkeith
      Veteran Member
      • Mar 16, 2008

Silver Swan looks great, much better than I figured!

Wonder Woman... hmm, looks like she's going to need some work. I've always liked the Mattel one, but this costume is more on-model, so maybe it's just a straight swap onto that body.

Thanks for the pics!

Comment

• thunderbolt
        Hi Ernie!!!
        • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by Your pal, Jim
        I only ordered Wonder Woman and Silver Swan, but they arrived last Friday. I like them, but WW's bracelets and tiara are sure to fall off every chance they get and be lost forever. Her plastic belt is probably gonna rip, too.

Hey, either you are really early for XMas or really slow taking the tree down. Its April!!
        You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• TRDouble
          Permanent Member
          • Jul 10, 2012

Thanks, Your pal, Jim!

They aren't bad. I like Silver Swan better (and her puffy sleeves that Supergirl should have had). Not sure what I think of Wonder Woman though. I will probably get, minimally, both is these along with Blue Falcon and Dynomutt.

Comment

• PNGwynne
            Master of Fowl Play
            • Jun 5, 2008

I really like Silver Swan!
            WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Krypt0nite
              Radioactive!
              • Feb 13, 2010

Silver Swan turned out really well---I'll definitely get her. I'm very curious to see how Steve Trevor turned out. I see a lot of potential for that head sculpt if the scale is good.

Comment

• comicmike
                Persistent Member
                • Sep 22, 2009

Oh no! Is that a FTC-Aqualad-like *eye* on Wonder Woman?! ...(whisper) o h N o.... :-(

Last edited by comicmike; Apr 3, '18, 9:31 PM.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                  Verbose Member
                  • Mar 7, 2004

the eyebrows on ww make me think about a mommy dearest custom
                  no more golden lassos ever!!!
                  sigpic

Comment

• thunderbolt
                    Hi Ernie!!!
                    • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by comicmike
                    Oh no! Is that a FTC-Aquaboy-like *eye* on Wonder Woman?! ...(whisper) o h N o.... :-(

Lazy eye and a spinal issue. :(
                    You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• comicmike
                      Persistent Member
                      • Sep 22, 2009

I am being apologetic, because I really really try to share mostly positive things here on the forum. I adore Wonder Woman. I am so excited that FTC is producing her lineup, *really*. I Love her on-model costume design. I love the basic head sculpt & hair design. I'm curious if she actually got a full head of hair. And yet, when I look at this example of Diana's asymmetrial eyes, well, frankly, I am reminded of Alfred E. Newman pictures...and the final results are hurting my feelings. Sad face...gasp. Oh how I miss buying Megos at retail...to get the choose the best one. Ugh:-(
                      Last edited by comicmike; Apr 3, '18, 9:39 PM.

Comment

• comicmike
                        Persistent Member
                        • Sep 22, 2009

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
                        no more golden lassos ever!!!
                        BwaHahahaha!!!

Last edited by comicmike; Apr 3, '18, 11:03 PM.

Comment

• Your pal, Jim
                          Museum Patron
                          • Apr 3, 2015

I'm a little surprised by my own picture, after you guys' comments! I didn't notice the asymmetrical eyes in person. My guess is that the tiara is crooked but the head is tilted, so the tiara looks straight and the eyes look crooked. I'll try to remember to check when I get home tonight!

Comment

• thunderbolt
                            Hi Ernie!!!
                            • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by Your pal, Jim
                            I'm a little surprised by my own picture, after you guys' comments! I didn't notice the asymmetrical eyes in person. My guess is that the tiara is crooked but the head is tilted, so the tiara looks straight and the eyes look crooked. I'll try to remember to check when I get home tonight!
                            nahh, there is something wrong with either the paint or the sculpt. Those eyes are crooked.

Comment

• Your pal, Jim
                              Museum Patron
                              • Apr 3, 2015

Originally posted by thunderbolt
                              nahh, there is something wrong with either the paint or the sculpt. Those eyes are crooked.
                              I remembered to check!

I do think I had the tiara crooked (it's difficult not to!) and her head tilted. But also, it is a bit off. The head might be misshapen, with her left eye sunken a bit.

But anyway, it looks better in person than the pictures make it seem!

Comment

• wise guy
                                Career Member
                                • Dec 29, 2014

Looks better without tiara. I like it and ordered mine with Blue Falcon

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎