X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • libby 1957dog
    Persistent Member
    • Sep 3, 2009

costumes from millers abandoned jla movie

costumes from millers abandoned jla movie ,batman looks kingdom come inspired

millers jla costumes
    seems that some of the people on here were just placeholders to demo the costumes.

looks a little like the jla from the 70s water park shows

Exclusive: First Look At D.J Cotrona as Superman in ‘Justice League Mortal’Published 7 hours ago on 20/03/2018 By Craig Lin
    1 Comment
    Last month I reported on a blurry image I’d come across online of D.J Cotrona as Superman from Warner Bros. abandoned Justice League: Mortal movie.

The quality wasn’t great, but it gave an indication of what Cotrona’s Man of Steel would have looked like.

Now a source close to the project has reached out and given us the non-blurred image of Cotrona as Superman.

Take an exclusive look right here at DC Films Hub:

Cotrona rocked the classic curl, and the costume itself was predominantly blue with red stitching throughout. George Miller’s Justice League: Mortal would have seen Superman ditch the red underpants and boots years before DC Comics redesigned Supes look with the launch of the New 52.

Speaking with Slash Film a while ago, Cotrona touched upon George Miller’s plans for Justice League: Mortal:

“The best way I can describe it is: George Miller’s mind is so operatic and big and expansive, it’s a shame that the world didn’t get to see what he would do with superheroes. It was allegorical, like a story of Greek Gods almost. He was doing things with the Superman character and Batman character, and all the iconic favorites, that’s never been done before. Watch Fury Road and you can only imagine what he would do with those iconic characters.”

What do you think of Cotrona’s costume from Justice League: Mortal? If you could see any other member of the leagues costume who would it be?

If anyone has any information they want to share about Justice League: Mortal or even J.J Abrams Superman: Flyby, please use our contact us form and we’ll be in touch.

Source: DC Films Hub
  • Nostalgiabuff
    Muddling through
    • Oct 4, 2008

interesting. I don't care for the blue boots on Superman though. he needs the red to give contrast

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
      Verbose Member
      • Mar 7, 2004

I will cut DJ Cotrona some slack since this was obviously just one random costume test pic, so he isn't "projecting" Superman here...but I'm not seeing his casting either. When this movie was announced, the casting seemed to be almost blind phone-book casting, and this pic kind of bears that out. It doesn't help his "SuperBOY" look that his costume is similar to the one Jon Kent is wearing in the comics nowadays.

I read something online yesterday that suggested these images may be faked. Hard to tell, but Wonder Woman's suit is surprisingly close to Gal Gadot's, and the skirt hadn't really made a comeback in anything by that point. Hmmm...

Chris
      sigpic

Comment

• thunderbolt
        Hi Ernie!!!
        • Feb 15, 2004

Too bad, at least we wouldn't have had to look at bad cgi shoehorned in Cyborg if this one had happened.
        You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• hedrap
          Permanent Member
          • Feb 10, 2009

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
          I read something online yesterday that suggested these images may be faked. Hard to tell, but Wonder Woman's suit is surprisingly close to Gal Gadot's, and the skirt hadn't really made a comeback in anything by that point. Hmmm...

Chris
          It's certainly Photoshopped, but that cuts one of two ways. Whoever was doing the mocks would retouch for cleanup in Ps, but this quality also looks to be a photo of a printed image that was cleaned up in Ps, which gets you all kinds of image degrade.

I see the point about WW. I remember during the production of David E Kelly's Wonder Woman pilot their was some scuttle about their modern costume take and how it was due to a directive from WB to not be Lynda Carteresque. That would have also applied to Miller's designs.

AICN had most of the inside coverage during this production and that Batman is close enough to be a mock.

If anything is fake, it's Martian Manhunter. Something really off about that one...

Comment

• libby 1957dog
            Persistent Member
            • Sep 3, 2009

better picture of Megan Gale as Wonder Woman.

looks more like a tabard or loin cloth than a skirt to me ,much like the kingdom come version

Last edited by libby 1957dog; Mar 22, '18, 3:49 PM.

Comment

• knight errant00
              8 Inch Action Figure
              • Nov 15, 2005

I will cut DJ Cotrona some slack since this was obviously just one random costume test pic, so he isn't "projecting" Superman here...but I'm not seeing his casting either. When this movie was announced, the casting seemed to be almost blind phone-book casting, and this pic kind of bears that out. It doesn't help his "SuperBOY" look that his costume is similar to the one Jon Kent is wearing in the comics nowadays.

Chris
              Don't like the Superman costume . . . I'm not sure why you'd make it all blue like that but still maintain the trunks in the design. The blue boots seem an iffy choice, and I've never liked excess red across the shoulder look whenever anyone tries it in the comics, either.

I think the WW could be correct -- although I see what you're saying about looking like Gadot's, I think it's less a skirt and more of a loincloth like in Kingdom Come. I also think the look owes as much to Xena (still really popular at the time).

I wish Batman was clearer. I remember reading interviews with Armie Hammer talking about all the expensive leather that they used to create his batsuit (as I recall, he said it was incredibly "buttery" soft and looked amazing).

I wish they'd used that Flash suit for JL last year -- heck, he even has the gold boots, which none of our significant live-action Flashes have gotten!

The others are all serviceable. I agree on the casting (and I remember thinking at the time) it seems kinda generic and skewing a bit young.

I've also read that Miller was planning on it being heavily CGI -- not just effects and virtual sets, but animating over the actors. Anybody know more about that?

Comment

• jwyblejr
                galactic yo-yo
                • Apr 6, 2006

Originally posted by hedrap
                It's certainly Photoshopped, but that cuts one of two ways. Whoever was doing the mocks would retouch for cleanup in Ps, but this quality also looks to be a photo of a printed image that was cleaned up in Ps, which gets you all kinds of image degrade.

I see the point about WW. I remember during the production of David E Kelly's Wonder Woman pilot their was some scuttle about their modern costume take and how it was due to a directive from WB to not be Lynda Carteresque. That would have also applied to Miller's designs.

AICN had most of the inside coverage during this production and that Batman is close enough to be a mock.

If anything is fake, it's Martian Manhunter. Something really off about that one...
                I think it's because he looks way more buff than Supes.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                  Verbose Member
                  • Mar 7, 2004

Okay, so I guess at least most of that fuzzy photo is legit! Megan Gale looks quite Lynda Carter-esque. And of course I should have thought of Kingdom Come as her costume inspiration. I'm slipping in my old age.

She looks good. Superman...not so much.

I would really like to see Armie Hammer as Batman. I like the actor, and feel he could pull that off (although I think he's pitch-perfect for Hal Jordan myself).

Chris
                  sigpic

Comment

• C.H.O.A.M.
                    learning all the time
                    • Sep 15, 2010

wow I would've loved to see that movie!
                    is there somewhere to read the "making of" story?
                    I never even knew it was in the works...

Comment

• libby 1957dog
                      Persistent Member
                      • Sep 3, 2009

More Mortal concepts Batman and Superman

Comment

• libby 1957dog
                        Persistent Member
                        • Sep 3, 2009

EXCLUSIVESExclusive: ‘Justice League Mortal’ Concept Art Reveals Alternative Batman CostumesPublished 4 mins ago on 24/03/2018 By Craig Lin
                        0 Comments
                        It has been a great week for fans who have waited over a decade to see a glimpse of George Miller’s shelved Justice League Mortal film.

Earlier this week, we released the first look at D.J Cotrona as Superman and that was soon followed by Collider who revealed a picture of the League.

Actor Armie Hammer, who was cast as Batman in the film recently revealed the suits designs weren’t final, and now we can exclusively reveal more concept art of alternative designs for Hammer’s Caped Crusader.

These designs differ from the concept art we released on Twitter, one is more of a military look with a tactical vest, knife, and goggles, the other more in line with Joel Schumacher’s version of Batman (minus the bat nipples).

Batman concept 1

Batman concept 2

Justice League Mortal would have starred Armie Hammer as Batman, D.J Cotrona as Superman, Adam Brody as The Flash, Anton Yelchin as The Flash (Wally West), Megan Gale as Wonder Woman, Common as Green Lantern, Santiago Cabrera as Aquaman and Hugh Keays-Byrne as Martian Manhunter.

What do you think of these alternative Batman designs?

Source: DC FILMS HUB

Comment

• hedrap
                          Permanent Member
                          • Feb 10, 2009

Originally posted by C.H.O.A.M.
                          wow I would've loved to see that movie!
                          is there somewhere to read the "making of" story?
                          I never even knew it was in the works...

Director Ryan Unicomb announced back in May that he is planning a documentary that will delve into the production George Miller’s unproduced film Justice League: Mortal. Unfortunately, there&rsq

Comment

• hedrap
                            Permanent Member
                            • Feb 10, 2009

I would really like to see Armie Hammer as Batman. I like the actor, and feel he could pull that off (although I think he's pitch-perfect for Hal Jordan myself).

Chris
                            Josh Duhamel in the Biggie/Tupac USA series is the living embodiment of Hal Jordan. Gray streak and all.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                              Verbose Member
                              • Mar 7, 2004

It's amazing that this movie was literally one day away from filming and was shelved. Even if it was a trainwreck, I wonder what effect it would have had on the MCU, especially the build-up to the first Avengers film?

Chris
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎