X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The Bat
    Batman Fanatic
    • Jul 14, 2002

Originally posted by Gorn Captain
    If the storyline is about a cure for baldness, I'm in!
    Me too!!
    sigpic

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
      Muddling through
      • Oct 4, 2008

it would be cool to see him as Picard again, but let's face it, Pat Stewart is an old man now (78). a bit long in the tooth to star in a regular series as Captain of the ship

Comment

• Megotastrophe
        Permanent Member
        • Jun 29, 2018

I would actually like to see Kelsey Grammer's ship and crew in a miniseries, maybe show how they readjusted jumping 50 years or so into the future.

Comment

• Capt_Kirk
          Career Member
          • Nov 22, 2011

Originally posted by Mikey
          I never seen Discovery and have no interest in watching it.

As far as i'm concerned there is only 1 Star Trek TV series that's still in production and that's The Orville
          I've with Mikey on this. I've been a hard core Trek fan my whole life. I even like the new movies since they were smart enough to change the timeline. But, when Paramount blatantly mucks with the timeline like Enterprise and Discovery, they can keep it. I did what the first episode and it was way too futurist for that timeframe in the trek universe. they even used the deltan shield that wasn't even used for starfleet until the Enterprise was the only ship that returned from the five year mission. It's full of holes that I don't like. I'll stick with the Orville and Galaxy Quest thank you very much.
          "May fortune favor the foolish"

Comment

• Capt_Kirk
            Career Member
            • Nov 22, 2011

Originally posted by Megotastrophe
            I would actually like to see Kelsey Grammer's ship and crew in a miniseries, maybe show how they readjusted jumping 50 years or so into the future.
            that ship and captain is in the book "Ashes of Eden" It's a great book series. I wish the movies would've went this direction. You can find them on ebay for a buck.

Comment

• Capt_Kirk
              Career Member
              • Nov 22, 2011

Originally posted by The Bat
              I loved TNG, watched every episode and re-runs...but for some reason I just can't get excited about it coming back? I guess I'd just rather see a Star Trek TV series or movies set in TOS timeline.
              I always thought a show based on the Excelsior with Captain Sulu back in the 90's would've worked. Pardon the pun but, "That ship as sailed" Maybe a brand new ship captained by someone we are familiar with. Like Captain Riker or even Captain Crusher. We all know from that final episode "All good things" She goes on to Captain her own vessel. There could be crew members we've seen before and cameos from other people in the Trek universe. As long as they are diverse with showing a lot of other worlds like Vulcans, Klingons and others. The key to Trek is good crew chemistry and great stories. If they can find that, they can pull it off. Enterprise wasn't a bad show. IMO, they had some poor choices for crew members and they didn't stick with the true history of the Star Trek Universe. There are a lot of fans that didn't like an Enterprise in the past that had never been talked about before. They could've used any other name and I bet you a stack of credits, it' would've worked much better.

Comment

• Sideshow Spock
                valar morghulis
                • Mar 8, 2005

It's a done deal!

Comment

• HardyGirl
                  Mego Museum's Poster Girl
                  • Apr 3, 2007

He made the announcement at Star Trek Vegas. Go Patrick!

"Do you believe, you believe in magic?
                  'Cos I believe, I believe that I do,
                  Yes, I can see I believe that it's magic
                  If your mission is magic your love will shine true."

Comment

• Werewolf
                    Inhuman
                    • Jul 14, 2003

Neat-O! Happy for the Next Gen fans.
                    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                      Muddling through
                      • Oct 4, 2008

so I imagine this will be Admiral Picard. it is not a Next Gen reboot or continuation, although I am sure they will have the cast popping up

Comment

• Hedji
                        Citizen of Gotham
                        • Nov 17, 2012

I gotta say, that sounds pretty cool. Next Gen was hit and miss with episodes, but it had a fine cast. With a proper producer and writing, this could be pretty terrific.

Comment

• The Bat
                          Batman Fanatic
                          • Jul 14, 2002

It's pretty cool. I love Picard and Patrick Stewart as an actor...but this is still is not enough to get me to for pay for CBS All Access.
                          sigpic

Comment

• ZombieJimC
                            Persistent Member
                            • Mar 12, 2014

I guess we will be getting STTNG Megos!

Comment

• rykerw1701
                              Persistent Member
                              • Aug 27, 2007

I'm excited about this. TNG will also be a second to TOS for me, but I still enjoyed the show. Patrick Stewart is an outstanding actor and in terrific shape for his age, so I think he can pull it off.

But having said that, what I would expect is the first couple of episodes to be Picard-heavy, and then he takes a back seat to a new cast, only on screen here and there. He's not putting up with the rigors of a full time gig at this point in his life. And I bet they work in the old TNG cast one or two at a time along the way for guest appearances, which makes sense, as the characters would have moved on in life.

Star Trek TNG Megos sound good to me!

Comment

• EMCE Hammer
                                Moderation Engineer
                                • Aug 14, 2003

Originally posted by rykerw1701
                                I'm excited about this. TNG will also be a second to TOS for me, but I still enjoyed the show. Patrick Stewart is an outstanding actor and in terrific shape for his age, so I think he can pull it off.

But having said that, what I would expect is the first couple of episodes to be Picard-heavy, and then he takes a back seat to a new cast, only on screen here and there. He's not putting up with the rigors of a full time gig at this point in his life. And I bet they work in the old TNG cast one or two at a time along the way for guest appearances, which makes sense, as the characters would have moved on in life.

Star Trek TNG Megos sound good to me!
                                I think this is how it will go. I'd love to see the Tasha Yar/Romulan daughter again.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎