Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • thunderbolt
    Hi Ernie!!!
    • Feb 15, 2004

Thanks, I don' think I will ever find a better vintage toy.
    You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• microdian
      • Aug 12, 2012

I haven't been on for a long time since my collecting took a back bench to taking care of family needs. I have always loved Mego toys but Miconauts are my most favorite. After a long hiatus, I managed to do a trade for boxed Force Commander, Oberon and Andromeda as well as loose blue and gold Space Glider, grey Pharoid, pink Acroyer, white Galactic Defender and a Repto. I am thrilled with my haul and looking forward to adding to my collection.

Comment

• VintageJoe70
        Veteran Member
        • Oct 12, 2016

This is another vintage set I was pleased to pick up, all the way from France...Brand new, accessories still sealed (check out the yellowed vintage tape on the bag...lol...), has the box I just forgot to take a picture...

20171119_093419 by Matthew Peregoy, on Flickr
        20171119_093407 by Matthew Peregoy, on Flickr
        20171119_093433 by Matthew Peregoy, on Flickr
        20171119_093507 by Matthew Peregoy, on Flickr
        https://www.flickr.com/photos/148083...57673799016342

Comment

• Ninersphan1
          Veteran Member
          • Jul 27, 2009

Originally posted by VintageJoe70
          This is another vintage set I was pleased to pick up, all the way from France...Brand new, accessories still sealed (check out the yellowed vintage tape on the bag...lol...), has the box I just forgot to take a picture...

20171119_093419 by Matthew Peregoy, on Flickr
          20171119_093407 by Matthew Peregoy, on Flickr
          20171119_093433 by Matthew Peregoy, on Flickr
          20171119_093507 by Matthew Peregoy, on Flickr
          Hasbro sure got a lot of mileage out of the ATV didn't they.

Comment

• Ninersphan1
            Veteran Member
            • Jul 27, 2009

Picked this up at the Collectibles show in Greensboro yesterday:

AT Helo box.jpg
            AT Helo.jpg

Box is rough, C4 with water damage, but the contents in nice shape. All parts intact and working, windshield not yellowed and only minor scratches, all labels are still attached and in nice shape and the skids are unbroken. It's a later run edition without the rubber tips on the wings.
            My Repro Wal-Mart Air Adventurer is very happy with his new ride!
            Last edited by Ninersphan1; Nov 19, '17, 2:15 PM.

Comment

• VintageJoe70
              Veteran Member
              • Oct 12, 2016

Originally posted by Ninersphan1
              Hasbro sure got a lot of mileage out of the ATV didn't they.
              Yep, but it is such a cool vehicle Im glad they milked it for all it was worth...lol...There's a Geyperman version with a machine gun mounted on front that Ive been trying to find MIB...
              Last edited by VintageJoe70; Nov 19, '17, 9:44 PM.

Comment

• VintageJoe70
                Veteran Member
                • Oct 12, 2016

Originally posted by Ninersphan1
                Picked this up at the Collectibles show in Greensboro yesterday:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]21890[/ATTACH]
                [ATTACH=CONFIG]21891[/ATTACH]

Box is rough, C4 with water damage, but the contents in nice shape. All parts intact and working, windshield not yellowed and only minor scratches, all labels are still attached and in nice shape and the skids are unbroken. It's a later run edition without the rubber tips on the wings.
                My Repro Wal-Mart Air Adventurer is very happy with his new ride!
                This is another vehicle Hasbro and Palitoy got alot of use out of...This is a nice piece...Its funny I usually see this version MIB selling for more than the Stolen Idol set MIB, don't know why....And of course my favorite The Capture Copter....

Comment

• palitoy
                  live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                  • Jun 16, 2001

Nice get, they must have sold a billion of those because i run into boxed copters more than anything else. Oddly, I don't own one either.
                  Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                  http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Ninersphan1
                    Veteran Member
                    • Jul 27, 2009

Originally posted by VintageJoe70
                    This is another vehicle Hasbro and Palitoy got alot of use out of...This is a nice piece...Its funny I usually see this version MIB selling for more than the Stolen Idol set MIB, don't know why....And of course my favorite The Capture Copter....
                    That was not the case here, The seller had a boxed Stolen Idol set complete, with the Copter in just as good condition, earlier Rubber tipped wing version. He was asking double for that set as he was this one. I went into the show hoping to find a Copter and an ATV, obviously I got the copter was to late on an ATV. He sold one before I got there. He also had a Mercury space capsule in box with figure, and a military era Sea Sled with frogman, boxed. Had a couple of loose jeeps too. I picked up the Copter and a beater Mego Batmobile ( no exhaust, no stickers, red seats seperated from the body in the rear, crossbar broken, wrong front axle and wheels) from him for $100. I needed one axle/wheel set from the Batmobile to complete my own. It was a cool show, I just wish it came around more than once a year, as i much prefer purchasing in person than going the ebay route.

Oh and I'd love a capture Copter and the Avenger Pursuit craft, but given the short time those were made they are much tougher to find in the wild as I'm sure you know.
                    Last edited by Ninersphan1; Nov 19, '17, 4:07 PM.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                      Master of Fowl Play
                      • Jun 5, 2008

Really nice AT vehicles gentlemen, makes me think I need more than my refurbished standard ATV and Trouble-Shooter. The MSV is what I really covet.
                      Last edited by PNGwynne; Nov 19, '17, 4:22 PM.
                      WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Ninersphan1
                        Veteran Member
                        • Jul 27, 2009

Originally posted by PNGwynne
                        Really nice AT vehicles ghentlemen, makes me think I need more than my refurbished standard ATV and Trouble-Shooter. The MSV is what I really covet.
                        I did too, until last year when I found one at this same show in really nice condition. the light and radar dish motor doesn't work, and it was missing one one flying drone, but otherwise in great shape. Posted about it a few pages back. I saw one this year ,but it wasn't anywhere near as nice as the one I nabbed last year. Other than a Wayne foundation, it has been my grail piece as i always wanted it as a kid and never got it. Instead I got the vastly inferior(IMHO) Big Trapper, which I don't own any longer, sadly.
                        Last edited by Ninersphan1; Nov 19, '17, 4:22 PM.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                          Master of Fowl Play
                          • Jun 5, 2008

I never seem to see affordable nice ones. At least I have added a MSV chair for my AT HQ.
                          WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Ninersphan1
                            Veteran Member
                            • Jul 27, 2009

Originally posted by PNGwynne
                            I never seem to see affordable nice ones. At least I have added a MSV chair for my AT HQ.
                            Good get, as that third chair is frequently missing from the MSV. Good luck.

Comment

• VintageJoe70
                              Veteran Member
                              • Oct 12, 2016

I love the MSV, was always my favorite vehicle of GI Joe as a kid...Im actually kind of surprised Ive never seen a new in box example of one on ebay before...I mean, it wasn't that rare of a vehicle, Hasbro made a ton of them...But I have never seen one in mint, unused condition...As for the Big Trapper, yea I know it really does feel like a cheapened version of the MSV...Hasbro got really cheap with alot of stuff at the end of the Adventure Team run, which was not entirely their fault, but still...However, I still love the vehicle and the box art...Picked up a really nice boxed set last year...

Comment

• Mr.Marion
                                Permanent Member
                                • Sep 15, 2014

I've been looking for CK for a while IMG_20171221_160352189.jpg

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎