Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Klosterheim
    Persistent Member
    • Mar 23, 2013

I think Robert Conrad should have played Wolverine, during some part of his career.

Comment

• thunderbolt
      Hi Ernie!!!
      • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by hedrap
      ^I'm with you on that. The issues for MCU is Defenders can't be used as a title due to the Netflix deal, (same reason those actors can't carry over) and while Surfer would be available, do you jump to him and bypass Galactus? They could, which would probably make him more interesting as it wouldn't be the same intro story for the dozenth time.

Looking at team history, MCU already has Valkyrie on Earth and doing nothing. Her and Pym are two free and clear. Hawkeye and Hellstrom would be contingent due to streaming shows.
      I figured the cancellation of all the shows indicated that Disney was on the verge of recalling al of those characters. Surfer could be introduced as the fallen herald bringing the Galactus storyline in the background for now. He could show up with Terrax or Fire-Lord later on as a major threat to the new Avengers/Defenders/FF
      You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• hedrap
        Permanent Member
        • Feb 10, 2009

I thought the injunction went longer, but if it's only 2020, then they could throw some of those characters onto Disney+ or use the Defenders title.

I would think Iron Fist is destined for the Shang-Chi series. Heroes For Hire seems an easy move, also.

Sources tell Variety that the deal for the original four Marvel shows includes a clause that prevents the characters from appearing in any non-Netflix series or film for at least two years after cancellation. That means that “Daredevil,” “Luke Cage,” and “Iron Fist” — which were all canceled this year at Netflix — could not come to the Disney streaming service until 2020 at the earliest.

The chances of the shows returning either on their own or as a new installment of “The Defenders” is definitely a long shot, given the time frame. And even if they did go to Disney+ as soon as possible, they would be doing so without “Jessica Jones,” which is set to air its third season on Netflix sometime in 2019. If that show is canceled, which now seems likely but is by no means a guarantee, it could not go elsewhere until 2021.

Comment

• jwyblejr
          galactic yo-yo
          • Apr 6, 2006

CBR is thinking Kang might be the next bad guy with all of the time travel hijinx in Endgame.

Comment

• thunderbolt
            Hi Ernie!!!
            • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by hedrap
            https://variety.com/2018/tv/news/def...es-1203087219/

I thought the injunction went longer, but if it's only 2020, then they could throw some of those characters onto Disney+ or use the Defenders title.

I would think Iron Fist is destined for the Shang-Chi series. Heroes For Hire seems an easy move, also.
            that's less than a year. Guessing all will be revealed at SDCC. The Defenders picking up the Avengers slack makes sense and the name seems a logical jump from Avengers with the general public too.
            You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• jwyblejr
              galactic yo-yo
              • Apr 6, 2006

There's a rumor going around that John Cena will be playing US Agent.

Comment

• Jorge Galvan
                Career Member
                • Jun 8, 2015

has it occurred to ANYONE, why they were ABLE to use the WATCHERS in GOTG # 2; which would make them FOX property?

Comment

• thunderbolt
                  Hi Ernie!!!
                  • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by Jorge Galvan
                  has it occurred to ANYONE, why they were ABLE to use the WATCHERS in GOTG # 2; which would make them FOX property?
                  Probably either they don't fall under the FF umbrella or Marvel/Disney made a deal with Fox like they did for Quicksilver.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                    Hi Ernie!!!
                    • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by jwyblejr
                    There's a rumor going around that John Cena will be playing US Agent.
                    Just saw that yesterday, He's supposedly showing up in the Falcon/Winter Soldier series and then maybe in Thunderbolts..

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                      Verbose Member
                      • Mar 7, 2004

^That would make for a great story, and perfect casting. Cena's Walker is appointed as Cap by the government, and Falcon has to basically get the role back from him and redeem it.

Chris
                      sigpic

Comment

• thunderbolt
                        Hi Ernie!!!
                        • Feb 15, 2004

If Cena really did get that I am sure they'd give him some movie parts too beyond the TV show so the TBolts thing seems plausible. Or maybe he'll be forced on the avengers ala WCAvengers.

Comment

• The Bat
                          Batman Fanatic
                          • Jul 14, 2002

Nothing at all against John Cena...but I think he's a bit to old to launch a MCU career.
                          sigpic

Comment

• jwyblejr
                            galactic yo-yo
                            • Apr 6, 2006

^The Rock is older than him and is launching his DC movie career.

Comment

• The Bat
                              Batman Fanatic
                              • Jul 14, 2002

Originally posted by jwyblejr
                              ^The Rock is older than him and is launching his DC movie career.
                              Yeah, that's cool and all...but my expectations for DC movies isn't very high. Other than Batman & Superman...I don't really care what they do anymore. Aquaman was absolutely horrendous.
                              sigpic

Comment

• Hector
                                el Hombre de Acero
                                • May 19, 2003

Originally posted by The Bat
                                Yeah, that's cool and all...but my expectations for DC movies isn't very high. Other than Batman & Superman...I don't really care what they do anymore. Aquaman was absolutely horrendous.
                                Wonder Woman is the best DC Universe movie. I didn’t care for Batman v Superman much.

But I agree with you on Aquaman. I didn’t like it either. I know many here did, but I thought it was bloated nothingness. I have no problem with Jason Momoa though, just didn’t dig the movie. Okay, Mera was hot, lol.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎