X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Werewolf
    Inhuman
    • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by EMCE Hammer
    I think that even if they had initially gone an inferior 3 3/4 route, they would have come around to 8" pretty soon.
    Past Han, Leia, Luke and Ben there just are too many characters that would have been very expensive and challenging to do right in the 8 inch scale. Would you want a C3PO in a silkscreened jumpsuit or a Chewbacca done like the Cowardly Lion? Eagle Force was years later and that style wouldn't have even been on the radar. The CA/CB McHaul style is what they would have used at the time in that scale. They wouldn't have had the time or interest to go with full Micronaut style articulation to be on time for Christmas.
    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• TrekStar
      Trek or Treat
      • Jan 20, 2011

How about Abbott & Costello and the Marx Brothers?

Comment

• Fuzzysnail
        Persistent Member
        • Feb 18, 2007

Star Wars
        Farscape
        Battle of the PLanets

Comment

• Killer Iguana
          Museum Super Collector
          • Feb 6, 2013

I don't know about a whole Land of the Lost line, but I would love some Sleestaks!!

Comment

• Confessional
            Maker & Whatnot
            • Aug 8, 2012

Although my one lone vote for The X-Files failed, my heart is in it for the juicy monster/paranormal characters it could bring. <Go Scully!)

That said, someone please make Sanford & Son figures before I die!!!

Comment

• Type3Toys
              Home Of The Type3 Body
              • Jan 18, 2005

Night Stalker for sure! Would be a great line with cast members and monsters! The X-Files would also be a great line with plenty of characters to draw from. Then finally, a Cryptozoology line. There would be no licensing needed either. Bigfoot, Yeti, Mothman and dozens more! In the past few years there have been a dozen or so shows on tv about the subject, most are still on and many are in syndication. Very popular subject matter waiting to be cashed in on.
              LOOK
              Action Figure Design & Prototypes
              For Samples See Home -Type 3 Body & Spiderman
              To Contact: type3toys@comcast.net

Comment

• PNGwynne
                Master of Fowl Play
                • Jun 5, 2008

No Addams Family? Hmpph!
                WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Harbingerboy
                  Career Member
                  • Jun 18, 2007

Yaaaayyyyy 007!!! How have we not gotten Bond Megos yet?!?

Comment

• jwyblejr
                    galactic yo-yo
                    • Apr 6, 2006

Originally posted by Werewolf
                    Past Han, Leia, Luke and Ben there just are too many characters that would have been very expensive and challenging to do right in the 8 inch scale. Would you want a C3PO in a silkscreened jumpsuit or a Chewbacca done like the Cowardly Lion? Eagle Force was years later and that style wouldn't have even been on the radar. The CA/CB McHaul style is what they would have used at the time in that scale. They wouldn't have had the time or interest to go with full Micronaut style articulation to be on time for Christmas.
                    Why couldn't they have done Star Wars like Buck Rogers?

Comment

• Werewolf
                      Inhuman
                      • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by jwyblejr
                      Why couldn't they have done Star Wars like Buck Rogers?
                      I answered that. The BR style o-ring body was based on Micronauts. They wouldn't have been able to have Micronaut style SW figures sculpted, manufactured and shipped in time for Christmas 77. The Micronauts tooling was already done by Takara. They would have had to sculpt SW figures from scratch. The Buck and Black Hole figures also came after SW. The CA style was what they were using at the time for non-Micronauts figures.

SW wasn't just another license of many to Kenner. They gave it their all and put their absolute best into it. This is not a knock at Mego. I shudder at the thought of what Mattel or Hasbro would have done as well. Kenner was the right toy company at the right time, in my opinion, and with their ideas and design choices they captured lightening in a bottle and made toy history.
                      You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• thunderbolt
                        Hi Ernie!!!
                        • Feb 15, 2004

I went with Walking Dead as something we might actually see happen. Star Wars seems like a tough nut to crack and the cost of the Marvel figures so far probably takes a wide open FTC style line off the table. Bond should be a no brainer, as should the HB Heroes line.
                        You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• piecemaker
                          There's no need to fear..
                          • Jan 26, 2009

I would love to see Star Wars but it's probably not going to happen any time soon. I would like to see NECA continue with the Classic Planet of the Apes retro clothed 8" figures so that's who I voted for.

Comment

• JediJaida
                            Talkative Member
                            • Jun 14, 2008

Blake's 7.

Harry Potter.

Red Sonja.

Bruce Lee.

Beastmaster.

Beauty and the Beast 1984.
                            JediJaida

Comment

• comicmike
                              Persistent Member
                              • Sep 22, 2009

I wish an 8" TV Lynda Carter Wonder Woman would happen...she needs an alternate AquaSuit, and a 6" Wonder Girl
                              Last edited by comicmike; Jan 13, '15, 12:00 AM.

Comment

• Wise4671
                                Banned
                                • Aug 11, 2007

No Cheech and Chong? They would look killer standing next to Bluntman and Chronic.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎