el Hombre de Acero
    • May 19, 2003

Look, it’s us!!!!!!!!

So true, lol...

sigpic
  • alex
    Permanent Member
    • Jun 15, 2009

Especially all the numskulls reporting/complaining a ding or a flaw in the card on FB, thinking they have the newest investment of the new Mego figures

Comment

• MegoSteve
      Superman's Pal
      • Jun 17, 2005

"Does your wife like toys, too?"

(Long, uncomfortable pause)

Comment

• Mikey
        Verbose Member
        • Aug 9, 2001

Very funny

Is there still a large adult Star Wars collecting community ?

I thought POTF-2 kinda soured most SW collectors

Comment

• Werewolf
          Inhuman
          • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by Mikey
          Very funny

Yep and don't ever open a beater card in front of them.

BTW: I actually really liked POTF2. Before the heavy scalping kicked in and people were hording Slave Leias by the case it was fun line to collect.
          You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• palitoy
            live. laugh. lisa needs braces
            • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by Mikey

I thought POTF-2 kinda soured most SW collectors
            Yeah, it's alive and well. I was at a toyshow yesterday and standing there talking to friends, I couldn't believe how many $25 Star Wars black figures were sold at the table to next to us. I think the guy sold over a dozen in a half hour. Every other table was SW black series figures.

A while back I was added to a FB group filled with mainly adult SW collectors who buy all the new Hasbro series. I like a lot of people but I don't really identify with them. It seems completely driven on the next "fix" almost. I know that happens in Mego too but I'm just not into that collecting pattern.

As much as I love ReMego, I like hunting and exploring more than buying things personally.
            Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
            http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
              Muddling through
              • Oct 4, 2008

I've been selling parts of my collection on ebay and notice a crazy sense of entitlement from the buyers. some of the crazy messages I have gotten from some people. it's scary. and this is not generally SW stuff I am talking about either, it's been a lot of GI Joe AT. one guy went on a tirade messaging me because I would not accept his best offer. blocked his *** from bidding on anything of mine

Comment

• palitoy
                live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by Nostalgiabuff
                I've been selling parts of my collection on ebay and notice a crazy sense of entitlement from the buyers. some of the crazy messages I have gotten from some people. it's scary. and this is not generally SW stuff I am talking about either, it's been a lot of GI Joe AT. one guy went on a tirade messaging me because I would not accept his best offer. blocked his *** from bidding on anything of mine
                By any chance was he in Canada? The exact same thing happened to me a couple of years back.

I had a card AT Joe on Ebay and this guy submitted a somewhat lowball offer. Before I even got home, some dude scooped it for full price.

This guy then berated me, calling me "Greedy" and "after I gave you such a good deal when you whined". I had actually bought something from this guy but I paid full price and never communicated other than to leave positive feedback. He was like, top five, entitled jerks I've ever run into.
                Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Mikey
                  Verbose Member
                  • Aug 9, 2001

Generally speaking, I sometimes wonder if the same people that were collecting 20 and 10 years ago are the same collectors today ?

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                    Muddling through
                    • Oct 4, 2008

Originally posted by palitoy
                    By any chance was he in Canada? The exact same thing happened to me a couple of years back.

I had a card AT Joe on Ebay and this guy submitted a somewhat lowball offer. Before I even got home, some dude scooped it for full price.

This guy then berated me, calling me "Greedy" and "after I gave you such a good deal when you whined". I had actually bought something from this guy but I paid full price and never communicated other than to leave positive feedback. He was like, top five, entitled jerks I've ever run into.
                    no he was in Texas. he sent several low ball offers, I declined each with no note except for one, in which I said I was letting it run its course. then he sent another offer anyway and before I could respond, as I was not sitting at my computer 24/7, he sent a snarky message asking if I was going to respond or just let it expire because his offer was now at my "asking price". I ripped into him a bit at that as it really ****ed me off. it was not an asking price anyway, it was the starting bid and the auction went $31 beyond that. I blocked the jerk from being able to bid on any of my auctions at that point too. the freaking nerve of people

Comment

• PNGwynne
                      Master of Fowl Play
                      • Jun 5, 2008

Badgering a seller is not going to win you an item, why can't people get that?
                      WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Hector
                        el Hombre de Acero
                        • May 19, 2003

I have a Sideshow Spacey Jockey for sale in eBay right now. It has a $499 BIN, free shipping. It’s a huge heavy box, shipping this puppy will cost me at least $40. I’ve gotten low offers like $100, lol. I just politely reject them, no biggie. Now, if I get an annoying pestering person, constantly nagging...then I’ll simply politely block them, lol.
                        sigpic

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                          Verbose Member
                          • Mar 7, 2004

That was hilarious. I have one friend in particular who still collects like the "Tomarts" days: 3 of each. Or at least 2.

Chris
                          sigpic

Comment

• Werewolf
                            Inhuman
                            • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
                            That was hilarious. I have one friend in particular who still collects like the "Tomarts" days: 3 of each. Or at least 2.

Chris
                            I never understood that. BTW: I still get a chuckle thinking about all the people hording cases of POTF2 Leias.
                            You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                              Muddling through
                              • Oct 4, 2008

yeah, the POT2 stuff you can barely give away these days. I don't think most of it even sells for original retail at this point, and original at that time was five bucks

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎