X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ZombieJimC
    Persistent Member
    • Mar 12, 2014

Originally posted by scott metzger
    A question on numbers: I've seen in this thread that the figures are limited to 10,000, but someone also said the exclusivity to Target is for a year. Does this mean the same figures will be available in greater numbers at a future date?
    Thats a great question. That limited to 10,000 number is a huge concern for me. What if I cant find certain figures? I would like to get multiples of each. If each Target by me lets say got 10 Sulus and they sold out. Where does that leave me? Will I be forced to go to eBay and pay $40-$50 each. I wont do that.

Comment

• palitoy
      live. laugh. lisa needs braces
      • Jun 16, 2001

10,000 is a lot more than most runs. I think we're going to be fine but I would advise you all to get what you want when you see it.

Or order it from Target.com, like i plan to.
      Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
      http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• scott metzger
        Persistent Member
        • Jul 9, 2007

Originally posted by palitoy
        10,000 is a lot more than most runs. I think we're going to be fine but I would advise you all to get what you want when you see it.

That is something I was wondering. I recall the 9" Trek figures from Playmates back in the 90's had a run somewhere in the 15,000 range per figure. I am a bit concerned as I still have Mattycollector flashbacks, but hopefully that's not going to be the case here. Anyone know what the runs on things like the Diamond Trek or Biff!Bang!Pow! figures ran? And the max I see any Target getting of one figure is 5 (based on 1,822 Targets), and that's not taking into account online sales. We may be looking at each store winding up with only a couple of each. Limiting numbers with no chance of increasing them later if demand is there is not a strategy that has worked well over the long run for such lines; it tends to tick fans off when they can't get the product, and that eventually outweighs the draw of "limited exclusive." Add that any figures people might want to army build (if we do get things like flying monkeys or such) could be a problem at set production numbers. That's why I was asking if things might go back into production (maybe with some alterations) if the Target exclusivity time is finite.

Comment

• ZombieJimC
          Persistent Member
          • Mar 12, 2014

Originally posted by palitoy

I hope you are right. I hear you on the target.com. I cant afford to get everything at once being jobless at the moment. Even if I was working I would only be able to get a few at a time. When the news broke of Megos return I was reminded of the 70s when you could go to any store any time and find Megos. Cant tell you how many replacement Batman, Superman, Spidey, Caps whatever I had. Eventually I always had a butter knife with me for head swapping. I know the stores dont stock stuff like that anymore. Im just afraid there will be a lot of speculators around, especially during this first wave.

Comment

• phil
            Persistent Member
            • May 11, 2007

I agree that the number of each figure in comparison to the number of Target stores is a bit concerning.

Comment

• ZombieJimC
              Persistent Member
              • Mar 12, 2014

That is something I was wondering. I recall the 9" Trek figures from Playmates back in the 90's had a run somewhere in the 15,000 range per figure. I am a bit concerned as I still have Mattycollector flashbacks, but hopefully that's not going to be the case here. Anyone know what the runs on things like the Diamond Trek or Biff!Bang!Pow! figures ran? And the max I see any Target getting of one figure is 5 (based on 1,822 Targets), and that's not taking into account online sales. We may be looking at each store winding up with only a couple of each. Limiting numbers with no chance of increasing them later if demand is there is not a strategy that has worked well over the long run for such lines; it tends to tick fans off when they can't get the product, and that eventually outweighs the draw of "limited exclusive." Add that any figures people might want to army build (if we do get things like flying monkeys or such) could be a problem at set production numbers. That's why I was asking if things might go back into production (maybe with some alterations) if the Target exclusivity time is finite.
              This is what worries me. For my self as a collector and for the new Mego Corp. That Mattycollector and 5 per store is not good. If someone wanted to collect the Cheers line and could not get a Sam Malone what incentive would he/she have to purchase the other figures. They are not even out yet and I am already in a panic.

Comment

• phil
                Persistent Member
                • May 11, 2007

Originally posted by ZombieJimC
                This is what worries me. For my self as a collector and for the new Mego Corp. That Mattycollector and 5 per store is not good. If someone wanted to collect the Cheers line and could not get a Sam Malone what incentive would he/she have to purchase the other figures. They are not even out yet and I am already in a panic.
                Not being able to complete a line or set tends to tick people off and causes people to loose interest.

Comment

• ovenmitt
                  Persistent Member
                  • May 26, 2009

MEGO at SDCC and rest of 2018 w I ll be historic, but also imagine MEGO at 2019 Toy Fair where even more licenses will be revealed for even more retailers! MEGO will dominate the action figure industry again!

Comment

• filmation batman fan
                    The Man of Many Voices
                    • Aug 30, 2005

Great news that MEGO is coming back. Here's what I'm hoping for.
                    THE BRADY BUNCH: Here's hoping this line will include Mike Brady.
                    MARRIED WITH CHILDREN: Here's hoping they will include Steve Rhodes.
                    STAR TREK: Here's hoping they will include Chekov.
                    DC SUPER HEROES: I don't know how Mego and Figures Toy Company will both be able to license DC, but good news. Regardless of which company does this, I would love to have a 12 inch (or 14 inch) figure of AQUAMAN!!! In the classic orange and green costume. MEGO never made him. I would have loved to have had a 12 inch Aquaman with the muscular body and one of these companies should consider making a large Aquaman figure with the movie coming out in December. I have the 12 inch Christopher Reeve Superman and the 12 inch Lynda Carter Wonder Woman, I am on a quest to find the Magnetic Batman and Robin loose, mint and complete, and I would like to get a 12 inch classic Aquaman to complete the Super Friends in 12 inch form.
                    I would also like to see the Bionic Woman by Mego and maybe Six Million Dollar Man as well, despite that Bif Bang Pow already did that line, only I'd like Steve Austin's head to not be so big.
                    Anyway, those are my thoughts and hopes for MEGO. They may not happen, but one can only dream.

Comment

• tmthor
                      God of Knock-offs
                      • Nov 29, 2005

Originally posted by ZombieJimC
                      This is a dream come true. I have fantasized about the return of Mego my entire life. Now all I need to do is find some Spider-Man Underoos that I can fit my 51yr old big butt into.
                      THERE YOU GO ROCK THEM IN STYLE

https://www.webundies.com/bfh5211.ht...yABEgIkI_D_BwE

Comment

• tmthor
                        God of Knock-offs
                        • Nov 29, 2005

Originally posted by phil
                        Not being able to complete a line or set tends to tick people off and causes people to loose interest.
                        From What I understand they are only Exclusive to Target for one year after that they can re-release all the exclusive ones to all retailers so if you miss out you are only missing out on the limited exclusive ones .....or at least thats how I took the news of the deal.

Comment

• scott metzger
                          Persistent Member
                          • Jul 9, 2007

Originally posted by filmation batman fan
                          I would also like to see the Bionic Woman by Mego and maybe Six Million Dollar Man as well, despite that Bif Bang Pow already did that line, only I'd like Steve Austin's head to not be so big.
                          Anyway, those are my thoughts and hopes for MEGO. They may not happen, but one can only dream.
                          That would be my number one hope here. The BBP line had me so excited until I saw the humongous noggins. Have wanted Steve in Mego scale since the TV show was on. Seems such a perfect match on so many levels (time period, style, etc).
                          Originally posted by tmthor
                          From What I understand they are only Exclusive to Target for one year after that they can re-release all the exclusive ones to all retailers so if you miss out you are only missing out on the limited exclusive ones .....or at least thats how I took the news of the deal.
                          That's what I am hoping, as it seems a reasonable interpretation.
                          Last edited by scott metzger; Jul 12, '18, 11:54 AM.

Comment

• tmthor
                            God of Knock-offs
                            • Nov 29, 2005

Again I think they are only exclusive for a year they will probably re-release the exclusive ones later if there is a need for them

Comment

• Capt_Kirk
                              Career Member
                              • Nov 22, 2011

I was thinking, This would be really cool with the reboot of Mego. It's very likely there will be renewed interest in old fan base and newbe fans. This will increase traffic to the museum and very likely the megocon. We'll get some new blood ; )
                              "May fortune favor the foolish"

Comment

• tmthor
                                God of Knock-offs
                                • Nov 29, 2005

Originally posted by Capt_Kirk
                                I was thinking, This would be really cool with the reboot of Mego. It's very likely there will be renewed interest in old fan base and newbe fans. This will increase traffic to the museum and very likely the megocon. We'll get some new blood ; )
                                As I said in another thread My 13 year old son cant wait he has August 1st circled on the calendar (had it since he heard 2 weeks ago) he is planning on at least 2 of each Trek and 2 of each DC and plans on reviewing them on his Youtube channel. (he has a few of the Mego 3 3/4" TMP figures & pocket super heroes)

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎