X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PNGwynne
    Master of Fowl Play
    • Jun 5, 2008

Mass-market Megos at good price points? Sturdy bodies and proportional heads? Varied licenses with a retro appeal and some pop-culture favorites?

Seems to me like an embarrassment of riches and a good start for Mego Corp. If I can support some of FTC's efforts, I can certainly embrace some of these as well. I'm uncertain about Married with Children and Cheers, but I think the rest have potential.
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
      Often invisible
      • Jul 18, 2002

You're going to want Cheers. I'm just sayin'...
      Expectation is the death of discovery.

Comment

• cdhall
        Persistent Member
        • Aug 14, 2004

Replying to guy mad at no Target in Canada

Really? Really batdan?!
        Call Marty and put up some money and get the license to distribute in Canada.
        But move out from under the bridge you live under first...

Sorry this was my first post in perhaps a few years. It didn't quote who I was Replying to but it was the "New Member" (batdan) who said "Thanks Marty..." we get ripped off in Canada. Or something similar.
        Last edited by cdhall; Jul 27, '18, 12:05 AM. Reason: Original post not reflected in my reply clarify batdan
        —-
        “It was the best of times, it was the worst of times. Message, Spock?”
        - Admiral Kirk

"...surely, the best of times."
        - Captain Spock
        https://youtu.be/tOtKcJtahKQ

Comment

• cdhall
          Persistent Member
          • Aug 14, 2004

Originally posted by drmego
          These figures are individually numbered and only 10,000 of each figure is being made.

On sale on August 1st.
          Doc, I've been away for maybe a few years... I thought I was locked out a while. I tried to contact the forum a few times..

ANYWAY I assume you are involved in this somewhere! I think MEGO should make a 2 Pack of a Marty and Doc figure and make it somehow super awesome and we can buy one just to say Thanks! You can charge double or triple and make the back of the card a ticket to enter some type of meet and greet party with you guys at Christmas or something.

This is truly a miraculous accomplishment. You guys need a ticker-tape parade.

Do the Apollo Astronauts!

Congrats. I see there is a Sulu but not the James Brady sculpt (I think) that you used at Emcee? I hope some of the other torchbearers get in, like the guy who made the EPIC Display Case/Display Sets who had to quit. Make those. OMGosh.

This is great. Truly you may be aware, but surely no mortal can appreciate what has truly happened.

Thank you.

More Suggestions:

I thought some artisan on here made Trek Phasers that were black and silver. I never tried to paint one. James Brady did an awesome Klingon Disruptor.
          After the initial wave it would be Awesome if they upgraded the delta shields to the gold with black trim and emblems like some of you guys made.
          And if they can fix the Enterprise Crew BELTS! It always bugged me that the communicator was in front!! I justified many figures being left handed to get that right...

Awesome news. I got out of bed to read the 8 pages of comments and make some posts.

But someone did post about the math indicating that each store may get 12 figures each with no internet sales... I'm hoping that only creates a second run of figures, maybe a batch of 100,000 each? At any rate, I'm hoping they don't return and frustrate more people than they help. I can imagine that many Trek fans will buy 2 of everything. That would be 5,000 fans devouring the collection/run.
          Last edited by cdhall; Jul 11, '18, 10:36 PM. Reason: Added Suggestions
          —-
          - Admiral Kirk

- Captain Spock

Comment

• cdhall
            Persistent Member
            • Aug 14, 2004

Originally posted by SpaceAgent
            Those of you unfamiliar with Target: If you get a Target credit card, you are entitled to a 5% discount on everything AND free shipping.
            The balance on my card will be $0.00 by August 1st...
            Just sayin'

Also, I think if you work at Target (ahem), you get 10% off. My wife worked there once maybe 10-20 years ago and I think with her discount and our Target Card we got 15% off. That meant we bought everything there. This was before they added food. And I don't think the employee discount or maybe the 5% Target Card discount applies to food but there's another thought.
            Last edited by cdhall; Jul 11, '18, 10:31 PM.
            —-
            - Admiral Kirk

- Captain Spock

Comment

• JediJaida
              Talkative Member
              • Jun 14, 2008

YAY! Romulan Commander!!!
              JediJaida

Comment

• Brue
                User without title
                • Sep 29, 2005

It's been a few days since I checked. But I just want to say for he record, that I called out David Lee at Mego Meet on AJ. And I expected Docs figures.

I didn't plan to buy new stuff -BUT I just received a Target gift card. Gotta buy something, right?

Comment

• cdhall
                  Persistent Member
                  • Aug 14, 2004

If Mego considers upgrading the Trek line:

a) Kung Fu Grip
                  b) Bodies, random heads with Trek sideburns,
                  c) loose Ensign uniforms. Maybe a Six pack of 1 Gold, 1 Blue and 4 Red

Thus we can make “extras” for the ship

Someone PM me and tell me if a superior body for customs was ever released. I saw something about No Rubber Bands but I thought Doc had a new body coming that superior to the old tech but I was gone from here before it released. I’ll go search,
                  —-
                  - Admiral Kirk

- Captain Spock

Comment

• ovenmitt
                    Persistent Member
                    • May 26, 2009

Bond. James Bond! All the 007 actiors from Connery to Craig. All movies, Bond Girls and Villians and Henchmen! Q! Moneypenny! 8" or 14". Make sure the figures are not shaken or stirred in packages.

Comment

• tllgn
                      Persistent Member
                      • Feb 6, 2010

i wonder if the romulan commander will have the helmet ? ,also would like to see a clear shot of maj nelson .cant wait to get them .

Comment

• UnderdogDJLSW
                        To Fear is Not Logical...
                        • Feb 17, 2008

Very happy to see the choices available. Not sure I have any room for a bevy of 14 inch figures, but I can't wait to get a few of them. I wonder if the figures will be sold in the toy section or the specialty section by the DVDs?
                        It's all good!

Comment

• Capt_Kirk
                          Career Member
                          • Nov 22, 2011

Originally posted by cdhall
                          If Mego considers upgrading the Trek line:

a) Kung Fu Grip
                          b) Bodies, random heads with Trek sideburns,
                          c) loose Ensign uniforms. Maybe a Six pack of 1 Gold, 1 Blue and 4 Red

Thus we can make “extras” for the ship

Someone PM me and tell me if a superior body for customs was ever released. I saw something about No Rubber Bands but I thought Doc had a new body coming that superior to the old tech but I was gone from here before it released. I’ll go search,
                          Agreed. I would also like to see accessories taken to another level. Maybe Kirk with Phaser rifle from "Where no man has gone before" Doubles pack aka "Kirk and Spock with weapons from Amok time episode" things like that.
                          "May fortune favor the foolish"

Comment

• Capt_Kirk
                            Career Member
                            • Nov 22, 2011

Originally posted by ZombieJimC
                            Im actually very Excited about the new Star trek line. I started watching TOS on Netflix this past weekend. I have never seen all of them. I have seen all the movies and I was/am a big fan of TNG. Sadly, my Mego ST collection is a little incomplete and I do not own any of the EMCE ones. I hope they re-release the USS Enterprise playset. I always enjoyed that as a kid. That transporter was cool.
                            I'd rather see a bridge and transporter completely retooled to look more like the real set. That way, there is a clear difference between old and new plus we get a very cool bridge and transporter play / display set.
                            "May fortune favor the foolish"

Comment

• Killer Iguana
                              Museum Super Collector
                              • Feb 6, 2013

APES - I'd love some Planet of the Apes!!!

Comment

• scott metzger
                                Persistent Member
                                • Jul 9, 2007

Originally posted by Werewolf
                                Super Powers Lex sold well.
                                Okay, in fairness, the Toy Biz Lex's action feature was to hit himself in the head (now we know why he's bald). And the Mattel retro had the terrifying Mattel retro body with hunchback and floppy legs. I'm honestly surprised any of the Mattel figures sold, male or female, on those horrible bodies. A good Mego Lex; yeah, that would sell.

I'm further encouraged by the other licenses announced; I can see logic and perhaps a bit of the strategy Mego is using here. Shows popular with a couple different generations, evergreen stuff like Trek and Oz, and properties that will have some new attention on them for varying reasons; there's some genuine marketing thought going on here, not just grabbing whatever licensing is available out there.

A question on numbers: I've seen in this thread that the figures are limited to 10,000, but someone also said the exclusivity to Target is for a year. Does this mean the same figures will be available in greater numbers at a future date?
                                Last edited by scott metzger; Jul 12, '18, 8:49 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎