X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ovenmitt
    Persistent Member
    • May 26, 2009

Hasbro Marvel and Star Wars licenses go to 2020, maybe MEGO can work a deal by then. I thought Hasbro could make up to 12" Marvel and SW figures, so I believed there would be MEGO 14" Marvel at least. Never expected 14" DC but happy at only $19.99 each and I work at Target.

Comment

• KOMonger
      Banned
      • Feb 17, 2015

Originally posted by palitoy
      These will be Mego Corporation sculpts, while there possibly could be some crossover with EMCE products, I think there is no way they would reissue an FTC product.
      Ah, good point! My brain tends to lump all the Mego-like brands together.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
        Verbose Member
        • Mar 7, 2004

This may irk some, but I hope FTC loses their DC license soon, and they return to Mego for all sizes in that format. Nothing personal against FTC or their fans, but the quality level will no doubt be much higher, and the figures much more affordable.
        sigpic

Comment

• Mary Canary
          Career Member
          • Jun 21, 2017

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
          This may irk some, but I hope FTC loses their DC license soon, and they return to Mego for all sizes in that format. Nothing personal against FTC or their fans, but the quality level will no doubt be much higher, and the figures much more affordable.
          I kind of feel the same way. I want so badly to support FTC because I am a DC fan and I love the variety of characters they dip into - but I have had a lot of bad luck with FTC to the point that I ask myself "Do I really want to spend money on this, knowing there's a 75% chance something's going to be messed up?" I might be able to swallow it they figures were $15, not $30. But for $30, I want good quality. If Mego can do the DC characters at $15 AND do superior figures, I'm totally on board with that, even if it means less product.

As for Zod, I hope he looks like the original Mego version with the beard, the red gun belt, and the black and grey suit. And only $20???

Comment

• jwyblejr
            galactic yo-yo
            • Apr 6, 2006

I'm hoping we get a Steve figure in the Married....With Children line. Oh and a Griff figure too.

Comment

• Figure8
              Museum Patron
              • May 18, 2016

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
              I feel exactly the same way. My interests are limited to Marvel/DC in the 8" format, but this announcement still feels incredibly huge. Just seeing the Mego logo on those cards ... If the new Mego is able to expand its licenses we would finally be getting what we really, really want, right? First the Mattel Retros which were more of a tribute to the original, than FTC who (more or less) fullfilled my dreams of 'missing Megos' like Flash and GL, but clearly didn't live up to the legacy with all the infamous issues. But to finally hold mint M E G Os of my favourite superheroes in my hands again ...

Comment

• noelani72
                27inaleon
                • Jun 25, 2002

you're not alone. I'd be a liar if I didn't have the phrase, "hostile takeover" go through my head a time or two. FTC had a great opportunity...and missed the mark on so many things. What I do have of theirs, are choice, select pieces that I did not pay retail for except for the 12" Love Gun Megos...then 12" KISS DTK figs...fool me once, shame on you...fool me twice...shame on me...there ain't no third time.
                Now, if there was a way for the two companies to work together somehow...I would entertain that. FTC needs some help. Had FTC been active on these boards, that may have helped. Had FTC came to mego meet and grew some relationships, that may have helped. All I see is a company wanting my money.

I don't see that with Marty, Paul and MEGO. I believe there is a true appreciation for the fan-base, customer-base within these forum walls.

Comment

• Goblin19
                  Talkative Member
                  • May 2, 2002

These all seem like good choices. Not sure on Married With Children again. Personally, I'm intrigued by Cheers.

Comment

• sprytel
                    Talkative Member
                    • Jun 26, 2009

Superhero movies rule the box office, videogames are maintstream entertainment, and Mego is back on store pegs! If I wake up wearing my retainer and this was all a 12-year old's dream... man, I'm going to be ****ed...

Comment

• palitoy
                      live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                      • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by sprytel
                      Superhero movies rule the box office, videogames are maintstream entertainment, and Mego is back on store pegs! If I wake up wearing my retainer and this was all a 12-year old's dream... man, I'm going to be ****ed...
                      Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                      http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                        Muddling through
                        • Oct 4, 2008

is that a gun included with AJ?

Comment

• palitoy
                          live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                          • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by Nostalgiabuff
                          is that a gun included with AJ?
                          it is.
                          Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                          http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• ZombieJimC
                            Persistent Member
                            • Mar 12, 2014

Originally posted by sprytel
                            This is a dream come true. I have fantasized about the return of Mego my entire life. Now all I need to do is find some Spider-Man Underoos that I can fit my 51yr old big butt into.

Comment

• powersthatbe
                              Persistent Member
                              • Sep 27, 2010

Aug 1st?and my birthday's august 6th,i know what i'm getting myselfalso,target has a collector's aisle,will they be sold there or in the regular action figure aisle?sorry if that's a dumb question.and what great prices 14.99 for 8 inch and 19.99 for 14 inches makes my wallet happy.

Comment

• Falstaff13
                                Persistent Member
                                • May 28, 2008

Originally posted by Goblin19
                                These all seem like good choices. Not sure on Married With Children again. Personally, I'm intrigued by Cheers.
                                I agree about Cheers, but I think I'm more interested in potential accessories and a bar set for what it would allow as props for toy displays, etc.
                                Hugh H. Davis

Wanted: Legends of the West (Empire & Excel) and other western historically-based figures. Send me an offer.
                                Also interested in figures based on literary characters.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎