• Show
Clear All
  • Wee67
    Museum Correspondent
    • Apr 2, 2002

Originally posted by LonnieFisher
    I pick this super bowl...

we have a winner
    WANTED - Solid-Boxed WGSH's, C.8 or better.

Comment

• EMCE Hammer
      Moderation Engineer
      • Aug 14, 2003

Since I started the thread I don't mind a derail. Seeing Lonnie's super bowl reminded me that one of the dwindling traditions that has lasted beyond our childhoods is the wonder of licensed plastic dinnerware for children. It's still going strong, and kids still love it. Hope is not lost.

Comment

• Confessional
        Maker & Whatnot
        • Aug 8, 2012

Just a useless observation… there's a wackiness going on out here as the Raiders have left (with Raider-fan in a state of angry confusion in only a way that Raider-fan can), there's swelling 49er madness. But it seems the whole rest of the country is with the Chiefs.

I think the best thing I can do eat a big super bowl of something delicious and ridicule the commercials and half-time shenanigans.

Comment

• warlock664
          Persistent Member
          • Feb 15, 2009

Originally posted by Hector
          GO NINERS!!!!!!!

Niners 1 trillion + infinity, Chiefs -00000000000000000000000000000000000000!!!!!!!!!

I’m not biased, really...

That would be awesome; as a Raiders fan, nothing would please me more than the Chiefs receiving a beat-down!
          I have a feeling it’s going to be close, though.

Comment

• EmergencyIan
            Museum Paramedic
            • Aug 31, 2005

The 49ers. I think it’s going to be a close game. I pick the 49ers because it seems to me that the Chiefs can be inconsistent. If their great team shows today, the 49ers are going to have tough time.

Regarding the 49ers, they’ve been very consistent. They have a great defense. Their offense is pretty darn good as well.

- Ian
            Rampart, this is Squad 51. How do you read?

Comment

• Hector
              el Hombre de Acero
              • May 19, 2003

Congrats, Chiefs.

Niners, please go get Brady.

Thank you.
              sigpic

Comment

• thunderbolt
                Hi Ernie!!!
                • Feb 15, 2004

Congrats, Chiefs.

Thank you.
                why you want a QB with very little left in the tank? Besides he might not do all that well away from the Cheatriots.
                You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Hector
                  el Hombre de Acero
                  • May 19, 2003

I’ll take you over Garoppolo, lol...
                  sigpic

Comment

• Hector
                    el Hombre de Acero
                    • May 19, 2003

Now I’m not saying it was necessarily Garoppolo’s fault...but we all know him getting into a shootout with Mahomes was damn near suicidal.

Chiefs won fair and square...But Kyle Shanahan had a 20-10 lead in the 4th qt...7 minutes left. Mahomes had just thrown an interception as well. Instead of run, run, run...he elected to pass, pass, pass...just like he did as offensive coordinator of the Falcons against the Patriots in the Super Bowl.

Congrats to Andy Reid though, he deserved it.
                    Last edited by Hector; Feb 3, '20, 12:45 PM.
                    sigpic

Comment

• TrekStar
                      Trek or Treat
                      • Jan 20, 2011

Originally posted by thunderbolt
                      why you want a QB with very little left in the tank? Besides he might not do all that well away from the Cheatriots.
                      Who are the Cheatriots and are they in the same town as the Cheatsox?
                      Last edited by TrekStar; Feb 3, '20, 8:51 PM.

Comment

• TrekStar
                        Trek or Treat
                        • Jan 20, 2011

Congrats, Chiefs.

Thank you.
                        You don't want Brady, that's like a slap in the face to Garoppolo, like he needs big brother to bail him out.
                        Jimmy G has a good talented team around him and should get another shot at a Super Bowl.

Brady will stay in New England and mold the next QB, because right now they have no one to replace him,
                        or Brady could bail out and head to the Vegas Raiders and mentor Derek Carr, jmo.

Comment

• jimbutsu
                          Memory *is* RAM!
                          • Apr 11, 2002

The Niners have been my team since birth, but the Chiefs have been my AFC team for a good 15 years, so I expected to be happy either way. And I would have been happy with a good game either way it went, but the terrible officiating tainted it for me. Best front four in football against a decent O-line and not a single hold was called the entire game... helmet hits not called, etc etc.

Still, that doesn't change the fact that running the ball more or making that key throw late in the game that sailed past a wide open receiver or not ****ing away an entire possession at the end of the first half could easily have swung the game more than the poor officiating, so while it made it less fun for me, I can't hang it all on the refs.
                          "If you take a dog which is starving and feed him and make him prosperous, that dog will not bite you. This is the primary difference between a dog and a man."

- Mark Twain

Comment

• thunderbolt
                            Hi Ernie!!!
                            • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by TrekStar
                            Who are the Cheatriots and are they in the same town as the Cheatsox?
                            yup. Nowhere near the Houston Asterisks.
                            You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• thunderbolt
                              Hi Ernie!!!
                              • Feb 15, 2004

I’ll take you over Garoppolo, lol...
                              now it would be funny to see Garappolo get benched in favor of Brady. There is that.

Comment

• Random Axe
                                The Voice of Reason
                                • Apr 16, 2008

Originally posted by thunderbolt
                                now it would be funny to see Garappolo get benched in favor of Brady. There is that.
                                Or...he is plugged in as the starter and then truly sucks being outside of his comfort zone/system and has to be benched for Garappolo mid-season.
                                I almost had a psychic girlfriend but she dumped me before we met.

If anyone here believes in psychokinesis, please raise my hand.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎