Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Well, thanks to the Topps partnership, I'm officially out.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • marbkwds
    Da Bronx Mego Collector
    • May 10, 2005

I made an account verified it through the email and when I click log in , it just refreshes the log in screen ..... Ughhh

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
      Often invisible
      • Jul 18, 2002

Originally posted by marbkwds
      I made an account verified it through the email and when I click log in , it just refreshes the log in screen ..... Ughhh
      Are you on a computer or your phone?

I had heard people saying they had more success on a computer but I just tried signing in on my phone and it was easy, so I don’t know.
      Last edited by CrimsonGhost; Sep 8, '21, 9:22 AM.
      Expectation is the death of discovery.

Comment

• ToyTalk
        Career Member
        • Mar 25, 2020

Had the same issue. Use a different browser. Chrome is my primary browser but my security settings are too high to let it work. For orders with Topps I use Microsoft's built-in browser
        Looking for FTC figures from 5-10 years ago

Comment

• Tiberiusguy
          Museum Patron
          • Aug 23, 2019

I had no problem using my phone, once I realized I had to make an account. Maybe close the page and reopen it to sign in?
          Hope you get it sorted by the weekend.

Comment

• Brown Bear
            Still Old School
            • Feb 14, 2008

Originally posted by CrimsonGhost
            However, it it’s truly cheaper to have someone in the US make an order on behalf of a number of their Canadian friends, it might be worth putting together a group order. Maximum has been bumped up to 5.
            Are you volunteering Andy? Personally there have been a few great friends in the US who have offered to help but who the hell wants to bug someone else every time you want a figure ordered? We’re Canada not Siberia.
            Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
              Often invisible
              • Jul 18, 2002

Originally posted by Brown Bear
              Are you volunteering Andy? Personally there have been a few great friends in the US who have offered to help but who the hell wants to bug someone else every time you want a figure ordered? We’re Canada not Siberia.
              No one would blame you for moving.
              Expectation is the death of discovery.

Comment

• Brown Bear
                Still Old School
                • Feb 14, 2008

Originally posted by CrimsonGhost
                No one would blame you for moving.
                it's still a HARD PASS. No thank you!
                Last edited by Brown Bear; Sep 9, '21, 6:02 AM.
                Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

• marbkwds
                  Da Bronx Mego Collector
                  • May 10, 2005

Thanks to all, I ended up having my daughter make a Topps account and buying a Quark. So does anyone know if KOR will be offered anywhere or time in the future?

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                    Eloquent Member
                    • Jan 19, 2008

Thanks to all, I ended up having my daughter make a Topps account and buying a Quark. So does anyone know if KOR will be offered anywhere or time in the future?
                    They say these figures will not be offered again or be released be Mego again. Supposedly it's a one and done situation.

Comment

• darkbros
                      Persistent Member
                      • Jul 3, 2012

I'm inclined to think they will show up again at some point. Shazam 2 doesn't come out to next year, and Black Adam's movie also.
                      No way Mego leaves that kind of tie in money on the the table. Maybe a two pack or dumped in the UK on new Cards, like we are seeing Chekov and Sulu.

Why shoot yourself in the foot if you can turn a profit. The SuperMan Batman and WonderWoman three pack was "exclusive" to WlaMart, but yet and still Meijers had them on the shelves as singles
                      3 months later.

If we want Mego to be around for a while, they have to be profitable. that means give the people what they want.
                      If the Topps figures have gold "Topps Limited Run xxx" stickers then they are exclusive, while later in Wave 15, the single releases don't is fine by me.
                      Customizing 1:9: My Videoblog journey of Customizing!
                      https://www.facebook.com/customizingonenine
                      ---------------------------------------------------------------------
                      "I don't do it for the haters, I do it for the players." --snoop dogg

Comment

• Avenging Robot
                        • Jun 1, 2012

So it looks like they'll be no resolution to the Canadian shipping charges and this week is Ra'a Al Ghul and Green Arrow. Now it's just cruel. Why couldn't it be Natalie and Mrs Garrett from Facts of Life?

Comment

• TheNewGiJoeWithKungFuGrip
                          Veteran Member
                          • Jun 18, 2015

Have they given any indication of how long this deal is supposed to last? Surely not indefinitely.
                          The hands that grip.

Comment

• Jrfjr126rock
                            Veteran Member
                            • Feb 23, 2008

Originally posted by TheNewGiJoeWithKungFuGrip
                            Have they given any indication of how long this deal is supposed to last? Surely not indefinitely.
                            They said indefinitely at least for a year I believe. Obviously everything is dependent on sales though.

Comment

• Tiberiusguy
                              Museum Patron
                              • Aug 23, 2019

Worf and Borg Queen this week, I hope I can afford them all when my friend wants to charge me.

Comment

• Riderfan
                                Megos are cool
                                • Feb 14, 2012

Originally posted by Avenging Robot
                                So it looks like they'll be no resolution to the Canadian shipping charges and this week is Ra'a Al Ghul and Green Arrow. Now it's just cruel. Why couldn't it be Natalie and Mrs Garrett from Facts of Life?
                                I feel your pain. For myself I was a bit 'miffed' with Taylor & Kor (can't justify US$80 each for these) but Worf is the cruel one. I mean what good is Picard, Data, Riker & (next wave) LaForge without Worf? So I guess I'll bent over on the outrageous shipping on him, but at the very least Topps could buy me dinner first lol

But I've come up with a solution. My next regular purchases were going to be LaForge, Soldier Ape, and 55th Spock & Kirk. Well Spock & Kirk are out, to cover the outrageous shipping on Worf. Was also thinking about 14" Kirk but I'll save that money for use on a future 'absolutely must have Topps special'. And it will have to be an absolutely must have.

Hell I'd have also bought Zira & TMP Spock too if not for Topps shipping

Huh, Mego is missing out on a few sales from this Canadian. Oh well...
                                I've come here to chew bubblegum & kick ***. And I'm all out of bubblegum

(Rowdy Roddy Piper in 'They Live' 1988)

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎