• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS
    Museum Robot
    • May 9, 2007

Marty Abrams to reveal Big News at Mego Meet 2018

For Immediate Release:
    Star Trek! Spider-Man! The Micronauts! Planet of the Apes! Cher!
    Famous 1970s toymaker Mego had them all and made for a generation of happy childhoods, each year the company is celebrated with this special convention.

Special Guest is Mego President Martin Abrams, who was recently featured in several episodes of Netflix's hit series "The Toys that Made us". Abrams will be giving a special panel outlining his plans for the newly revived Mego Corporation.

Attendees can expect a dealers room packed with vintage toys from the 1960s to modern day, a special appearance by the 1960s Batmobile, a customs contest for children, door prizes, informational panel sessions and an auction of custom crafted Mego figures with proceeds going towards the Mego Museum website.

About Mego Meet: Mego Meet is an annual, not for profit, event and toy show celebrating its 14th year. It is a chance for collectors across the country to meet in person, buy and sell items and feel a sense of community. This is its first year in Ohio. Mego Meet takes place this Saturday at Courtyard Columbus West (2350 Westbelt Dr) from 10am to 4pm. Admission is $10 per family.

For more information on Mego Meet visit:
    http://www.megomuseum.com/megomeetma...meetmain.shtml

Twitter:@megomuseumFor more Fashion Mockery and 70's toy love visit us at Plaid Stallions.com

More...
  • LonnieFisher
    Eloquent Member
    • Jan 19, 2008

Very excited to hear what the big news is! I wish I could be there.

Comment

• Makernaut
      Persistent Member
      • Jul 22, 2015

^ What LonnieFisher said.

Comment

• Brown Bear
        Still Old School
        • Feb 14, 2008

Already started practising my teenager girl squealing noise of excitement!
        Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
          Verbose Member
          • Mar 7, 2004

Still hoping I can make it up for the day. Looks a bit murky now, but either way, very excited to hear the news out of the Meet one way or another!

Chris
          sigpic

Comment

• MRP
            Persistent Member
            • Jul 19, 2016

Looking forward to the news, but even though Columbus is in my backyard, we're short staffed at work so getting a weekend off is not happening right now. I initially thought Sunday was part of the Meet so could stop by for a day, but I misread the info, and Friday and Saturday aren't going to happen for me, so will wait patiently for the news to get posted here or on the Mego Facebook page.

-M
            "Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Comment

• newlyknighted
              Persistent Member
              • Feb 21, 2010

I am buying glue tonight in preparation for staying by this channel for the latest news in Marty Abrams' Mego!
              I post in thy general direction!

Comment

• EmergencyIan
                Museum Paramedic
                • Aug 31, 2005

Certainly excited here, as well!

- Ian
                Rampart, this is Squad 51. How do you read?

Comment

• Hedji
                  Citizen of Gotham
                  • Nov 17, 2012

Originally posted by LonnieFisher
                  Very excited to hear what the big news is! I wish I could be there.

This! A hundred fold!

Comment

• jacoblb
                    Persistent Member
                    • May 7, 2009

Pardon my ignorance for asking such a question: are their patent/mold rights on the Mego head sculpts and other things that might make a company like FTC be concerned that Mego is coming back in some capacity?

Obviously I get that what EMCE did/does is with Marty's blessing and endorsement what with his image on the backer card.

Comment

• Makernaut
                      Persistent Member
                      • Jul 22, 2015

Originally posted by jacoblb
                      Pardon my ignorance for asking such a question: are their patent/mold rights on the Mego head sculpts and other things that might make a company like FTC be concerned that Mego is coming back in some capacity?
                      These are things I am curious about, as well. I was wondering how it will impact FTC using "Mego Style" in their descriptions. There was obviously nothing wrong with them using that and creating an entire business around it, but how does that change their position or how does their current position dictate what the actual Mego Corp can do?

Also, I seem to remember Marty applying for trademark of the Mego name several years back. I don't remember the details or exactly when, but I remember something about it. Seems "Lego" was battling it, somehow. I'm sure plenty of the members here know the details I am missing about that.
                      Last edited by Makernaut; Jun 2, '18, 4:59 PM. Reason: I wrote "copyright" when I meant "trademark"

Comment

• cjefferys
                        Duke of Gloat
                        • Apr 23, 2006

Marty did say that the whole Lego thing is not an issue now.

Comment

• DavidCoppola
                          Veteran Member
                          • Nov 3, 2009

Soooo, what was said?

Comment

• Mikey
                            Verbose Member
                            • Aug 9, 2001

They got the rights to the Pinpin name and can reissue figures on French cards …… jk

Comment

• acrovader
                              Career Member
                              • Jan 19, 2011

So.........???????
                              I am more than machine. More than man. More than a fusion of the two.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎