• Mr.Marion
      Permanent Member
      • Sep 15, 2014

I'm a huge fan of this gem.

Comment

• Makernaut
        Persistent Member
        • Jul 22, 2015

Until recently, I would have answered that anything by Suzi Quatro is largely overlooked and forgotten by most but recently "The Wild One" has been featured in a car commercial. I hope that might cause some kids to want to look the song up and go looking for her other tunes. Her influence on more well-known artists is undeniable and she was sooooo damned cute.

Comment

• Mr.Marion
          Permanent Member
          • Sep 15, 2014

Anyone remember Japan ? Duran Duran borrowed heavily from their style and sound https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=xhm-EqcPta0

Comment

• powersthatbe
            Persistent Member
            • Sep 27, 2010

"Billy Don't Be A Hero " Bo Donaldson and The Heywoods

Comment

• LonnieFisher
              Eloquent Member
              • Jan 19, 2008

I think this got a lot of radio play back in the day, but I don't think it's been played in decades on the radio. I really like it.

Comment

• Wee67
                Museum Correspondent
                • Apr 2, 2002

I can’t believe I missed this wonderful thread!!

I mentioned in another post how my mother controlled the radio when I was little kid in the back seat and she loved what is now called Yacht Rock. I always think of it what would’ve been labeled Adult Contemporary if they had that label back then. SOOOOO many of these songs took me to the back seat an even the way back seat.

As a Bill, “Billy Don’t Be A Hero” was mockingly song at me way too often along with this song-

Len, is that Cowsills album cover art by the great Jim Davis?

I collect K-Tel collections on 8-track and vinyl so I still get to hear some of these great songs in the low-fi or arbitrarily edited manner of the 70’s 😊
                WANTED - Solid-Boxed WGSH's, C.8 or better.

Comment

• Wee67
                  Museum Correspondent
                  • Apr 2, 2002

With the exception of a brief resurgence "Ballroom Blitz' after 'Wayne's World', I think the entire collection of Sweet hits are rarely heard these days.

Wig Wam Bam
                  Sweet performing "Wig Wam Bam" on BBC's Top Of The Pops in 1972.The song was written by Mike Chapman & Nicky Chinn and produced by Phil Wainman The single wa...

"Are you ready, Steve?"
                  Sweet performing "The Ballroom Blitz" on the the German TV show Sylvester-Tanzparty from the 31st December, 1974.This version features the original line-up.B...

I think one of the 80's Hair Metal bands covered Action
                  Sweet performing "Action" on BBC's Top Of The Pops in 1975.The single was released in 1975 and produced by Sweet.The song was written and produced by Andy Sc...

Love Is Like Oxygen

Comment

• Mikey
                    Verbose Member
                    • Aug 9, 2001

Here's one everybody seems to forget about … Imagine that today on Top-40 radio

m

Comment

• Wee67
                      Museum Correspondent
                      • Apr 2, 2002

Originally posted by Mikey
                      Here's one everybody seems to forget about … Imagine that today on Top-40 radio
                      Odd that it's forgotten. That nun had Jagger-like presence!

Seeing Brandy in this thread made me think of Helen Reddy's version of Delta Dawn. Not sure why, but it did

Comment

• Mr.Marion
                        Permanent Member
                        • Sep 15, 2014

Originally posted by Wee67
                        I can’t believe I missed this wonderful thread!!

I mentioned in another post how my mother controlled the radio when I was little kid in the back seat and she loved what is now called Yacht Rock. I always think of it what would’ve been labeled Adult Contemporary if they had that label back then. SOOOOO many of these songs took me to the back seat an even the way back seat.
                        Late 80's blue eyed soul is my least favorite type of music ever.
                        If I hear Roll with it baby after I give up the Ghost I'll know I'm in "the Other Place" 👹

Comment

• Mikey
                          Verbose Member
                          • Aug 9, 2001

Seeing Brandy in this thread made me think of Helen Reddy's version of Delta Dawn. Not sure why, but it did
                          Love Helen Reddy … Here's another forgotten classic

m

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                            Eloquent Member
                            • Jan 19, 2008

This song used to get a lot of radio play. I don't think it will ever be played on the radio again. Never, ever. I had a girlfriend in 1987 who liked to go to bars and dance. I am not the dancing type. I told her I'd dance with her if she could get someone to play Dancin' Fool. In a year of dating, nobody ever had it to play.

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                              Muddling through
                              • Oct 4, 2008

you don't hear much Zappa on the radio, period. Other than maybe Joe's Garage once in a great while. His songs are not generally radio friendly. I love that album though. it's just that my wife gives me the "look" when I play it, LOL

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                                Muddling through
                                • Oct 4, 2008

With the exception of a brief resurgence "Ballroom Blitz' after 'Wayne's World', I think the entire collection of Sweet hits are rarely heard these days.

Wig Wam Bam
                                Sweet performing "Wig Wam Bam" on BBC's Top Of The Pops in 1972.The song was written by Mike Chapman & Nicky Chinn and produced by Phil Wainman The single wa...

"Are you ready, Steve?"
                                Sweet performing "The Ballroom Blitz" on the the German TV show Sylvester-Tanzparty from the 31st December, 1974.This version features the original line-up.B...

I think one of the 80's Hair Metal bands covered Action
                                Sweet performing "Action" on BBC's Top Of The Pops in 1975.The single was released in 1975 and produced by Sweet.The song was written and produced by Andy Sc...

Love Is Like Oxygen
                                https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zRgW...mV0RA&index=16
                                I love sweet. They had Fox on the Run on the Guardians 2 soundtrack too

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎