X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Werewolf
    Inhuman
    • Jul 14, 2003

Totally Hair Barbie 25th Anniversary reissue

Wow! An authentic reproduction down to the classic Barbie body with the rubber legs and click joints and the iconic Superstar head mold.

Find a wide selection of Barbie toys and playsets on Mattel.com. Shop Barbie dolls, fashions, dollhouses and more today!

I love the Superstar era of Barbie. I am totally getting that.

Wish they had done an authentic reproduction like this for the recent Dream Date Barbie and Golden Dream Barbie. I don't want a "re-imagining" and I absolutely detest the model muse body they used for those.
    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...
  • Hedji
    Citizen of Gotham
    • Nov 17, 2012

What a cool toy! Really takes you back.

Comment

• Werewolf
      Inhuman
      • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by Hedji
      What a cool toy! Really takes you back.
      Yeah, she really does. It's nice to see a superstar era Barbie back on the shelves again. To me, Barbie kind of lost her identity when they changed her body and face.

I found one today at TRU. She is not an exact reproduction. Her eyes are a little smaller and her bangs aren't as poofy. The body mold is marked 97 and has some issues. For some reason they fused her waist joint. The twist and turn joint is still there. It's just fused. The bend of the right arm is also a bit off. Not the same body mold they used for 80s era Barbies in the My Favorite Barbie commemorative line. Which didn't have those issues.

Still a very nice doll and a must have. First Barbie I've bought in ages.
      You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• The Re-Rooter
        Veteran Member
        • Jul 13, 2016

Originally posted by Werewolf
        Wow! An authentic reproduction down to the classic Barbie body with the rubber legs and click joints and the iconic Superstar head mold.

Find a wide selection of Barbie toys and playsets on Mattel.com. Shop Barbie dolls, fashions, dollhouses and more today!

I love the Superstar era of Barbie. I am totally getting that.

Wish they had done an authentic reproduction like this for the recent Dream Date Barbie and Golden Dream Barbie. I don't want a "re-imagining" and I absolutely detest the model muse body they used for those.
        It's crazy because Millennials refer to a 25 year old doll as "vintage." To me I'm like, "No my 1964 Skipper Mint in Box is Vintage" lol
        Or I'm just refusing to accept how old I've become.
        With the Superstar Era "re-imaging" dolls I was mostly annoyed with the price point. Why would I want to pay $50 for a re-issue of a $15 playline doll?
        I bet you can get the original ones NIB for about the same price or less.
        I don't know how popular they were since they haven't announced any others.
        They need to re-issue Supersize Barbie! Everyone would buy that!
        -Diana

Comment

• Werewolf
          Inhuman
          • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by The Re-Rooter
          I don't know how popular they were since they haven't announced any others.
          I don't think they sold very well. I love 80s Barbies and I had zero interest in them. Had they made authentic reproductions like in the My Favorite Barbie line, I would have happily bought them both. That reminds me, I'm still kinda irked of how little love the 80s Barbies got in the My Favorite line. I mean, come on, did we really need more Pony tail repros? Where's Dream Glow Barbie and Day to Night Barbie?

Comment

• The Re-Rooter
            Veteran Member
            • Jul 13, 2016

Originally posted by Werewolf
            I don't think they sold very well. I love 80s Barbies and I had zero interest in them. Had they made authentic reproductions like in the My Favorite Barbie line, I would have happily bought them both. That reminds me, I'm still kinda irked of how little love the 80s Barbies got in the My Favorite line. I mean, come on, did we really need more Pony tail repros? Where's Dream Glow Barbie and Day to Night Barbie?
            I don't know if there is a "consultant" type job at Mattel, but I would love a job like that. Barbie is definitely doing much better than it has in years, but I still feel a slight "disconnect" between the company and the collectors based on their collector lines. Maybe I'm just super not stylish, but the Moschino 2-Pack was just awful. And the Campbell's Soup Barbie? How does this stuff get approved?!
            I think re-releases of 80s Barbies at Play Line Prices ( OMGee I would go crazy for a re-release of Barbie & the Rockers!) would be really popular. The play line division is kicking butt. I've see pics of fashionistas that are coming out later this year and they are pretty damn cool. Most of us collectors are liking the $8 dolls more than the $50 ones, and it has nothing to do with the price difference. Take the hint, guys!
            -Diana

Comment

• Werewolf
              Inhuman
              • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by The Re-Rooter
              Maybe I'm just super not stylish, but the Moschino 2-Pack was just awful. And the Campbell's Soup Barbie? How does this stuff get approved?!
              I totally agree. They were absolutely horrid.

I also agree on Barbie and the Rockers. Loved that series.

Comment

Working...
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎