Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would it be possible to get a live webcam at MegoMeet ?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mikey
    Verbose Member
    • Aug 9, 2001

Would it be possible to get a live webcam at MegoMeet ?

I have no idea of the logistics of it but it would be neat to have a live webcam with sound for the whole time Mego Meet is going on.

Can this be done without much effort ?
  • Random Axe
    The Voice of Reason
    • Apr 16, 2008

I think it would be a huge mistake to have the weekend broadcast over the web, but certainly parts of it are fair game. We attempted to do something like this in the Mego Suite one night before some conversations went down a road that wasn't suitable.

I think James(garagesale) always brings his camera, so maybe we could set up the interview table again this year. It would be cool if we were able to edit them together for one long youtube vid.
    I almost had a psychic girlfriend but she dumped me before we met.

If anyone here believes in psychokinesis, please raise my hand.

Comment

• Mikey
      Verbose Member
      • Aug 9, 2001

I think it would be neat to see it all live as it's happening

Also, I ment having the camera at the Meet, not the hotel

At the Meet people are more reserved and wouldn't swear etc.

Comment

• Random Axe
        The Voice of Reason
        • Apr 16, 2008

I don't think logistic would be an issue since we were able to stream the auction live. A technical snafu kept us from adding viedo last year, but I'm betting we can figure this out. It would be cool to show how exciting we all really are in real life...
        I almost had a psychic girlfriend but she dumped me before we met.

If anyone here believes in psychokinesis, please raise my hand.

Comment

• megocrazy
          Museum Trouble Maker
          • Feb 18, 2007

Internet at the Museum is limited. That's what caused an issue. A webcam in the suite would be iffy. Sometimes we get over the top, but on top of it, the conversations tend to over run each other. They get tough to separate when there's 30-40 people in a room.
          It's not a doll it's an action figure.

Comment

• VintageMike
            Permanent Member
            • Dec 16, 2004

On top of what everyone has said outside of things like the customs auction it wouldn't be all that exciting to watch. Look at like this. Say you were there talking to another member. The conversation would likely be enjoyable.
            Watching a bunch of those conversations jumbled together on video and not be able to concentrate on any of them. Not so much. I know this first hand from other gatherings I've seen recorded in this fashion.

Comment

• EMCE Hammer
              Moderation Engineer
              • Aug 14, 2003

I like to wear my sexy pajamas in the Mego suite, and I'm not willing to change that for the sake of viewers at home. Scott and VintageMike are right. There are some bits and pieces that lend themselves to recording, but 24/7 is over the top. If I find a camera running, I will hack it and replace the signal with a loop of John Michaels sleeping.

Comment

• megocrazy
                Museum Trouble Maker
                • Feb 18, 2007

Originally posted by EMCE Hammer
                If I find a camera running, I will hack it and replace the signal with a loop of John Michaels sleeping.
                Just put the camera on Johnny. He's usually asleep, on and off for the whole night.

Comment

• Fire Marshal Bill
                  Career Member
                  • Jul 25, 2010

What happens in the Mego Suite........... needs to stay in the Mego Suite .
                  Vintage Toy Rescue
                  1614-B N State Hwy 161
                  Grand Prairie, TX 75050
                  (972) 740-4424

www.vintagetoyrescue.com

Comment

• samurainoir
                    Eloquent Member
                    • Dec 26, 2006

Did the folks doing all those video interviews last year ever end up posting any of it?

I think it was pretty cool that the Mego Museum audio podcasts went up pretty quickly IIRC, not real time, but still a nice way for folks to share the experience somewhat.
                    Last edited by samurainoir; May 4, '12, 3:48 PM.
                    My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!

Comment

• WannabeMego
                      Made in the USA
                      • May 2, 2003

Maybe it's just me...but...let's say we did do it...I think it would cause folks that are/were on the edge about going to stay home.

I don't mean it to sound intimidating at all...but...some folks may draw back from coming cause they can sit in the comforts of their home instead of coming and hanging out.

I know that there are some folks that can speak to this...folks that were on the fence...came...and had a great time.

It's a generous bunch of folks that keep coming back every year...if your new or old and have thought about coming but haven't, I urge you to try it just once...

I think that the folks that want you to come out number the folks that are on the fence...so come on down...spend a few days with people who get it...no judgments...well...during the meet...afterwards...EVERYONE is fair game
                      Everyone is Entitled to MY Opinion...Your's, not so much!

Comment

• noelani72
                        27inaleon
                        • Jun 25, 2002

I made a UStream account and played around with it using my 3G iPad. Seemed to work pretty good. Granted, I only experimented briefly - not sure how many could watch my feed - but I think there was a chat window or something to interact with me and ask questions for me to answer.

The Meet itself would be pretty busy, but certain times could probably be streamed somehow.

If I am able to do anything; it will purely be on-the-fly, which I'd post in the Meet forum that I was preparing to broadcast...maybe watch me paint a zombie or walk the dealer rooms and stuff like that...

Comment

• megocrazy
                          Museum Trouble Maker
                          • Feb 18, 2007

Originally posted by noelani72
                          I made a UStream account and played around with it using my 3G iPad. Seemed to work pretty good. Granted, I only experimented briefly - not sure how many could watch my feed - but I think there was a chat window or something to interact with me and ask questions for me to answer.

The Meet itself would be pretty busy, but certain times could probably be streamed somehow.

If I am able to do anything; it will purely be on-the-fly, which I'd post in the Meet forum that I was preparing to broadcast...maybe watch me paint a zombie or walk the dealer rooms and stuff like that...
                          This would probably be OK for the seminars. There are some really good presentations each year that would be fairly easy to stream because only one or two people are speaking at one time. The general disorganization of the Suite would make streaming that difficult.

Comment

• noelani72
                            27inaleon
                            • Jun 25, 2002

Originally posted by megocrazy
                            This would probably be OK for the seminars. There are some really good presentations each year that would be fairly easy to stream because only one or two people are speaking at one time. The general disorganization of the Suite would make streaming that difficult.
                            oh most def...no streaming from the suite. period.
                            If i get some time, i will fart around with that ustream account..but i am awfully busy at the moment.

Comment

• Mikey
                              Verbose Member
                              • Aug 9, 2001

I want a live camera on at the Meet itself so I can watch people scratching their backside because they don't know they're live on camera

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎