X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • drquest
    ~~/\~~\o/~~/\~~Shark!
    • Apr 17, 2012

Originally posted by thunderbolt
    I see some 40s on the long range forecast.
    High of 42 here today..

I'd rather be where you are, go to some spring training games!
    Danny(Drquest)
    Captain Action HQ
    Retro shirts and stuff
    More retro shirts
    Stuff For Sale

Comment

• thunderbolt
      Hi Ernie!!!
      • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by drquest
      High of 42 here today..

I'd rather be where you are, go to some spring training games!
      Closest one is at Disney with the Braves and Lakeland with the Tigers. All the rest seem to have moved south or to AZ.
      You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• drquest
        ~~/\~~\o/~~/\~~Shark!
        • Apr 17, 2012

Originally posted by thunderbolt
        Closest one is at Disney with the Braves and Lakeland with the Tigers. All the rest seem to have moved south or to AZ.
        We've been to Jupiter FL and caught the Cardinals and Marlins, it was fun.
        Danny(Drquest)
        Captain Action HQ
        Retro shirts and stuff
        More retro shirts
        Stuff For Sale

Comment

• Adam West
          Museum CPA
          • Apr 14, 2003

Picked up the last of the 12 inch Convention Sets after chasing them down for years. Also, there are a bunch of items for sale on the GI Joe Collector’s website right now. I collect the 12 inch items and a few nice loose convention set extras were just added today along with a lot of 3 3/4 inch figures
          "The farther we go, the more the ultimate explanation recedes from us, and all we have left is faith."
          ~Vaclav Hlavaty

Comment

• Werewolf
            Inhuman
            • Jul 14, 2003

Got this sweet set today. Been wanting it for quite awhile.

I loved the RAH 25th anniversary line.

gijoeultimate.JPG

You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• VintageJoe70
              Veteran Member
              • Oct 12, 2016

Niiiice...I was a big RAH collector back in the day...I started as soon as the first figures hit the stores....prices today though...sheesh!
              https://www.flickr.com/photos/148083...57673799016342

Comment

• Werewolf
                Inhuman
                • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by VintageJoe70
                Niiiice...I was a big RAH collector back in the day...
                Thank you.

I had pretty heavily collected the 25th anniversary line back when it came out but I missed this set. I don't think my Target even got it. I never had a MOBAT so I was pretty excited to finally get one and as an added bonus I now have HISS tanks in three different colors.
                You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• Makernaut
                  Persistent Member
                  • Jul 22, 2015

I just picked up a GI Joe Collectors Club 2003 Talking Astronaut to add to my repro/kitbash GI JOE 1969 collection.

Comment

• Adam West
                    Museum CPA
                    • Apr 14, 2003

I stopped collecting vintage GI Joes. Between Convention items, Anniversary sets, etc. I am not sure paying a premium for the vintage set is worth it since the reproductions are exact replicas. I have a few of the vintage items and comparing them next to a GI Joe Club reproduction or JoeCon...there isn't much of a difference to pay extra. Plus, there are some really interesting sets that go for big money as repros because they are unique. For example the Aged Adventurer which is AT figure with balding head can easily top $300 and I am chasing a few Joelanta Joes and they always seem to go for big money because there were not many made and they don't show up on the secondary market very frequently.....I am still after a few like the Zeppelin Captain which is just an awesome figure but very hard to find and when they do show up...large $$$
                    "The farther we go, the more the ultimate explanation recedes from us, and all we have left is faith."
                    ~Vaclav Hlavaty

Comment

• RonnyG
                      Career Member
                      • Apr 23, 2014

I recently got the talking Navajo Code Talker GI Joe. Unfortunately, he doesn't talk. He was still in the box, but he was released way back in 1997, so he is over 20 years old. (It's strange to think that these newer Joes are now old themselves! lol) Anyway, I changed his batteries, but nothing. Pressed the back button, lifted his arms--nothing. The inside battery compartment is clean and not corroded. I haven't taken him apart yet. There are screws on his back. Does anyone know if these newer modern talking Joes are easy to fix? I searched online but only found how to repair the older 70s talking Joes.

Comment

• RonnyG
                        Career Member
                        • Apr 23, 2014

Originally posted by Adam West
                        I stopped collecting vintage GI Joes. Between Convention items, Anniversary sets, etc. I am not sure paying a premium for the vintage set is worth it since the reproductions are exact replicas. I have a few of the vintage items and comparing them next to a GI Joe Club reproduction or JoeCon...there isn't much of a difference to pay extra. Plus, there are some really interesting sets that go for big money as repros because they are unique. For example the Aged Adventurer which is AT figure with balding head can easily top $300 and I am chasing a few Joelanta Joes and they always seem to go for big money because there were not many made and they don't show up on the secondary market very frequently.....I am still after a few like the Zeppelin Captain which is just an awesome figure but very hard to find and when they do show up...large $$$
                        Speaking of reproductions, I got this from ebay a few days ago: The 2004 Target Timeless Collection repro of the 1964 footlocker and action figure. I made the seller an offer for what I was willing to pay for it, and to my surprise, he accepted my offer, so I'm happy. Usually, they will counteroffer.
                        Last edited by RonnyG; May 12, '19, 5:47 PM.

Comment

• Brown Bear
                          Still Old School
                          • Feb 14, 2008

I’ve been looking for a blonde beardless fuzzy Joe that’s affordable; even just the head.
                          Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

• PNGwynne
                            Master of Fowl Play
                            • Jun 5, 2008

I love the reproductions, congrats Ronny. I stocked a repro Aquanaut locker too, so much fun.
                            WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• RonnyG
                              Career Member
                              • Apr 23, 2014

I never heard of the Aquanaut locker, so I googled it and it looks really cool. Apparently, they made a couple different themed foot lockers. I love the graphics and the fact that it comes with a shark! If I was still a kid, and dressed my Joe in scuba gear, it would be hard to resist putting him in the bathtub for underwater adventures!

Comment

• Ninersphan1
                                Veteran Member
                                • Jul 27, 2009

If it doesn't need to be original, check Cotswold Collectables for a repro.
                                Last edited by Ninersphan1; May 13, '19, 10:28 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎