• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mazinz
    Persistent Member
    • Jul 2, 2007

WOW! Remco earthquake tower Serendipity with a Halloween suprise

Serendipity!!!
    Many of you might recall the few threads in this forum about Remco's 1976 mighty Earthquake tower playset which stands 5 1/2 feet tall. What I had mentioned in those posts and even with so called "complete sets" seems to be missing, is the flexi 7" record that came with the set. Now practically 30 years later tonight right before the end of Halloween I FOUND THIS RECORD which I had thought lost many, many years ago

The Halloween twist, though I have an actual good turntable my neighbor was selling a 1960's-70's-ish kids type of record player (built into a wooden crate with a chrome gold arm). This record player also had a built in speaker, NO needle but had the single metal "pinprick" used by the older talking viewmasters. When you play any 7" on this due the needle and speaker it has that old scratchy record sound that many of us used to hear in school during music class when such records were played

I dug out an old 1970 45 called " the haunted house and other spooky poems and tales" and figured it would be a nice send off for the Holiday before it ended at midnight This type of record with the crappy speaker, sounds perfect like this (like hearing it through a very old radio or radio boradcast)!!! It really brings you back in time. I therefore went and got my portable recorder to record how this thing plays records.

I know for a fact I have removed this record from the paper sleeve a few times before (solid piece) but tonight was different. Tonight when I slid the record out I saw something was stuck to it--- another record! I then saw it was a flexi and jumped for joy when I saw "earthquake tower"

I made a copy of this immediately. It is quite possibly the only childrens toy I know of that came with a soundtrack of cop sirens, helicopters and a building crashing with a cheesy horn theme. This goes on for about 5 mins. The record is one sided

NOW for you below is a jpeg of the record as well as a downloadable mp3 of the soundtrack (archive mp3 also comes with larger record scan)
    *** the haunted house soundtrack I am going to post in the appropriate thread for such material. I think Jessica or Hardy Girl started it, will find it and link here once I up that record (not tonight)

the record:
    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=IYX4RSBF

PS: hmm if you think about it, you could mix two monster roars to this record and create a custom soundtrack for the Godzilla vs Tricephalon playset

Last edited by mazinz; Nov 1, '10, 12:14 AM.
    "What motivated him to throw a puppy at the Hells Angels is currently unclear,"

Starroid Raiders Dagon wrote "No Dime Store Monster left behind"
  • HardyGirl
    Mego Museum's Poster Girl
    • Apr 3, 2007

Originally posted by mazinz
    *** the haunted house soundtrack I am going to post in the appropriate thread for such material. I think Jessica or Hardy Girl started it, will find it and link here once I up that record (not tonight)

That was me!

Gayle House Records from comic book ad - Mego Talk
    "Do you believe, you believe in magic?
    'Cos I believe, I believe that I do,
    Yes, I can see I believe that it's magic
    If your mission is magic your love will shine true."

Comment

• mazinz
      Persistent Member
      • Jul 2, 2007

Will add my haunted house record to that once I get the thing up---
      "What motivated him to throw a puppy at the Hells Angels is currently unclear,"

Starroid Raiders Dagon wrote "No Dime Store Monster left behind"

Comment

Working...
      😀
      🥰
      🤢
      😎
      😡
      👍
      👎