X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • livnxxxl
    Megoholic RocketScientist
    • Oct 23, 2007

Marvel Legends Captain America

I picked this one up a couple of days ago and finally got around to taking some pictures and giving a brief review here.

I really do not collect these type of Marvel characters although I do have a few in my collection. What really caught my eye with this figure was the size of the shield. Being a Mego head my first thought was this shield might make a good replacement shield for someone needing one for their poor defenseless Captain America.

After taking the figure out of the package and placing an original Captain America shield next to the new shield I could tell that there was a slight size difference. The new shield is just a tad bit smaller than the original Mego shield. Not a huge difference in size. I think that one would be pleased with using this shield for a nice display piece.

It gets better.

Along with the shield there is also a knife and a gun in the package. My first thought for the knife was to use it with one of the POTA Generals.

In my opinion this figure along with the accessories was well worth spending the $15.00 (give or take with tax) for at Wal-Mart. I will definitely be on the look out for more in the near future.
    Enjoy what you like, and let others enjoy what they like. (C) Azrak 2009

Too much space. Need more toys!

Check out the ever growing Mego like sized vehicles data base.
  • The4thDoctor
    Travelling thru time
    • Nov 2, 2011

Thankz Del...Nice review....
    sigpic****WANT LIST-----WANT LIST***
    Denys Fisher Mego Dr Who Sonic Screwdriver acc
    Vintage Cheron
    Mego Spiderman right arm/hand
    SMDM right leg/pair socks
    Mego Green Goblin

Comment

• jimsmegos
      Mego Dork
      • Nov 9, 2008

Thanks for the heads up D... that is a mighty fine looking shield.

Comment

• livnxxxl
        • Oct 23, 2007

Thanks guys! I am glad that you both like the shield and the review.

Comment

• Thor
          Thunder God
          • Dec 17, 2009

Great pics man! I've only seen that version of Cap once in the store. I have the first ML version, the Faceoff version and the Ultimate version. Since this is a different character I may go ahead and try to buy this one too.
          sigpic

"I've seen things you wouldn't believe."

- Roy Batty

Comment

• BlackKnight
            The DarkSide Customizer
            • Apr 16, 2005

This is Buckey as Captain America D.
            ... The Original Knight ..., Often Imitated, However Never Duplicated. The 1st Knight in Customs.

always trading for Hot Toys Figures .

Comment

• livnxxxl
              • Oct 23, 2007

Originally posted by BlackKnight
              This is Buckey as Captain America D.
              Thanks J.

Comment

• livnxxxl
                • Oct 23, 2007

Originally posted by Thor
                Great pics man! I've only seen that version of Cap once in the store. I have the first ML version, the Faceoff version and the Ultimate version. Since this is a different character I may go ahead and try to buy this one too.
                Thanks! There was three of these figures hanging on the peg along with some other figures. I will no doubt kick myself for not picking up the other two as the are probably long gone by now. I just was not sure if the shield was close enough in size to the original Mego shield when I first purchased this figure.

I did not want to take a chance on getting stuck with extra figures that I do not even really collect if the shield happened to not work out. Now that I think about it I should have just bought all three figures with the shield and took the other two back if the shield size did not work out. I never was a person to take things back to the store though. Therefore, I always tend to forget about the return policy. Probably why the thought did not cross my mind until now. Ohh well. I will go back tomorrow in hopes of finding more. Hopefully, for the Mego community's sake and the sake of people that actually do collect this type of figure there will be plenty for all to have.

Comment

• Cosmicman
                  Permanent Member
                  • Jul 12, 2005

There was a bunch of Marvel Zombie figures that came out awhile back and I repainted the Captain America shield that came with the figure. It is also the same size as the Mego shield. There seems to be a lot of stuff that is popping up that fits the "Mego scale". I seem to like a hard plastic Captain America shield then the flimsy plastic one with a sticker glued to it. I can retire that one in a box and replace it with the new one.
                  More custom Mego madness on Facebook right here...

Comment

Working...
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎