Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Vortigern99
    Scholar/Gentleman/Weirdo
    • Jul 2, 2006

Between 1975 and 1978 I must have had every Bionic Man toy on the market, from Steve Austin in the rocket to Oscar Goldman with the exploding briefcase (quite possibly the most awesome toy ever invented), to Maskatron to Bigfoot to the Mars Probe to Jaime Sommers, to both inflatable HQs (Jaime's and Steve's) to a later figure that no one here has yet mentioned: the Steve Austin with the karate action that would chop breakaway boards and 'concrete' blocks! He was my main Steve because he had a white shirt and blue jeans as on the show, rather than the goofy red suit! Those were the days.

Tragically, I have nothing left of it now! For years I still had Maskatron's sucker-arm and most of the exploding briefcase, but sometime in the 90s I somehow lost them....

It's great to see pics of this old stuff! Keep the visuals coming, guys!!

Comment

• ctc
      Fear the monkeybat!
      • Aug 16, 2001

Hmmmm....

I remember getting Steve and the repair bay/space cyllinder for Christmas one year.... and going nuts looking for Maskatron. Had I known about the Venus Probe I would have gone nuts looking for IT, too.

I remember someone doing a set of 8" customs not too long ago. Now THAT'S something I could go for now.

Don C.

Comment

• Sweep Secondhand
        Museum Super Collector
        • May 18, 2007

Between 1975 and 1978 I must have had every Bionic Man toy on the market, from Steve Austin in the rocket to Oscar Goldman with the exploding briefcase (quite possibly the most awesome toy ever invented), to Maskatron to Bigfoot to the Mars Probe to Jaime Sommers, to both inflatable HQs (Jaime's and Steve's) to a later figure that no one here has yet mentioned: the Steve Austin with the karate action that would chop breakaway boards and 'concrete' blocks! He was my main Steve because he had a white shirt and blue jeans as on the show, rather than the goofy red suit!

That was the "Bio-Sonic" arm on the third edition of the figure. I guess Kenner figured Big Jim was still more popular than Steve Austin so he needed to be able to karate chop stuff too! I personally loved the red jumpsuit and always thought this version of Steve looked like he had just escaped from a hospital or something. This was the last version of Steve they made in the line and done near the end so I suspect that is why it is not as familliar.
        - Sweep

Comment

• slats7
          Museum Super Collector
          • Jun 20, 2007

My friend's massive collection, before he liquidated it years ago. Enjoy.

Last edited by slats7; Jun 22, '07, 2:30 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

• mego73
            Printed paperboard Tiger
            • Aug 1, 2003

Wowsy Wow Wow!

mego73@hotmail.com

Comment

• kingdom warrior
              OH JES!!
              • Jul 21, 2005

Holy! It's the Bionic Mother Load!!!! WOW!!!!

Comment

• HardyGirl
                Mego Museum's Poster Girl
                • Apr 3, 2007

*ala Bobby Brady* WOWWW! I've never seen so much Bionic stuff at one time! That's so cool! I can see some of my stuff, including the blanket I sleep w/ and the cups I use at breakfast. AWESOME!
                "Do you believe, you believe in magic?
                'Cos I believe, I believe that I do,
                Yes, I can see I believe that it's magic
                If your mission is magic your love will shine true."

Comment

• GSPUSA
                  General Patton
                  • Apr 9, 2005

Words can't do justice at how awesome that collection is.
                  I won a nice BigFoot a few weeks ago, it was complete with the chest piece.
                  It

Comment

• nvmbrsdoom5
                    Persistent Member
                    • Mar 1, 2005

Holy Cow!!!!!!! That collection is AMAZING. I'm almost drooling over here. If I walked in a room like that back when I was 7 years old, my eyes probably would've popped out of my head LOL

Comment

• Sowth
                      Career Member
                      • Mar 14, 2006

What a great collection! I'm sure I've seen those pics before, years ago on another forum I think. Check out the condition of the boxed dolls! Wonderful.

I had my brother's hand-me-down SMDM figures as a kid and I picked up some when I started collecting early 90's.

I had a mint in sealed Oscar up until recently, I was moving him from one box to another when I dropped it and Oscar and his insert ripped right through the bottom flap. I had to sell him after that

I've just posted some images from a licensed Australian Six Million Dollar Man ice cream in my blog, see my signature.

Cheers!
                      Will
                      Toltoys Kid Vintage Australian Toys and Ice Creams

Comment

• slats7
                        Museum Super Collector
                        • Jun 20, 2007

Originally posted by Sowth
                        What a great collection! I'm sure I've seen those pics before, years ago on another forum I think. Check out the condition of the boxed dolls! Wonderful.
                        Nope. I took those pictures myself in 1994, and this is the first time I've ever posted them. Glad you liked them, though.

Comment

• megocanada
                          Permanent Member
                          • Apr 18, 2003

I had Steve Austin. Jamies Sommers and Maskatron. I'm pretty sure I had tha bionic dog but I'm not 100% sure. Loved them all
                          the greatest Superman of all time Earth 2 Superman

Comment

• Megosean
                            Old School Megoer
                            • Jun 2, 2007

Venus Space Probe

The Venus Space Probe was a nutty but super cool addition to this line. Worth a fortune now loose or boxed.
                            I have way, way, way too many toys.
                            http://www.toysyouhad.com

Comment

• brannon86
                              Museum Super Collector
                              • Jul 20, 2007

SMDM

Oh yes, I had the SMDM and the rocket, and command center.

Comment

• LOU
                                Museum FIN-atic
                                • Nov 20, 2003

I'd much rather have Mego customs of all of these line than the originals.
                                Me too Paul, although I have some of the original figs in the box I think I'm only missing one version of Steve if I remember correctly..and of course the Venus Space Probe which I'd like to get one day!

As for what Paul said...some of you new guys may have missed these back on the old boards...

What I am DYING for are the DVDs of both series'! So ticked I missed Bionicon because Lee Majors himself was there this year! Lindsay did the first one last year! I hope one day they do one in Boston so Yana and I could go...it's difficult for us to travel too far from home.
                                I definitely associtate the Bionic toys with Mego...they were in teh same aisle as a kid. DIrectly across from the Bionic toys were the 12 inch Mego heroes...great days and great bionic shows...

HOLY CRAP! That collection is ENORMOUS and AWESOME! I missed it before I posted my pitiful band of photos! I used to know a guy in Milwaukee who helped me get many of my figures. I often think of him and miss him. I netter go read the pages I missed, I thought there was only on page to this one when I replied...
                                Last edited by LOU; Aug 22, '07, 8:41 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎