X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PNGwynne
    Master of Fowl Play
    • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by hedrap
    So my order arrived back at FTC today. The reply I got was they could send it back, but it would be another shipping charge. So after screwing me on the first shipping price, they want to add more onto it.

How anybody can defend this company is beyond me.
    Let's form a club.
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• hedrap
      Permanent Member
      • Feb 10, 2009

Originally posted by PNGwynne
      Let's form a club.
      I swear. It's just enough already. First order from them in seven years. I was seriously considering a larger order after this, but why?

Comment

• PNGwynne
        Master of Fowl Play
        • Jun 5, 2008

I just placed a large order, because I want to "complete" my Batman '66 set and I like some of the animated offerings. But I truly feel your pain, been "there" a few times.
        WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• powersthatbe
          Persistent Member
          • Sep 27, 2010

I also bought a black leather coat for a Jessica jones custom and it deteriorated right after I got it, and I have had several bodies break on me. also had bodysuits that weren't sewn well and didn't fit. some boots cracked. some belt hooks snapped. black dye from the kiss outfits bled unto the figure.

Comment

• thunderbolt
            Hi Ernie!!!
            • Feb 15, 2004

My address was messed up so the order was shipped back. Nothing better than overpaying for first class.
            who messed it up?
            You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Random Axe
              The Voice of Reason
              • Apr 16, 2008

Its crazy reading all of these stories because as much as I order from them for the RandomNoir line I've yet to have any problems. I buy a lot of stuff in bulk, but that shouldn't matter. All orders should be given the same attention to detail regardless of purchase amount. They've been nothing but super cool to me which is why I hate reading the above accounts of what happened.
              I almost had a psychic girlfriend but she dumped me before we met.

If anyone here believes in psychokinesis, please raise my hand.

Comment

• Riderfan
                Megos are cool
                • Feb 14, 2012

I don't have any horror stories per se, but when I started fixing up my old Megos about 8 years ago I realized early on that FTC boots (especially 'hero' boots, like Batman's) were prone to splitting & belts (again, like Batman's or Robin's) would crack after awhile-come to think of it, I remember this happening to a Earp holster & a Robin Hood quiver as well. So I tended to buy stuff from Doc Mego. Sure it was a bit more money, but better quality and the plastic wasn't opaque like the FTC stuff.

That said, within a couple years (when I started building custom stuff) I noticed FTC's quality had improved.

Yeah FTC bodies kinda suck, but once you get the hang off restringing its not that big of a deal. If you're into that I suppose.

But the actual reason I'm posting is with regards to FTC's ape stuff. When it first came out (4 years ago??) I bought both a soldier & general ape tunic, and made a couple easy 'customs'. I would've displayed them for awhile & then they each went into a ziplock bag then into a rubbermaid tote and stored in my basement. I should mention where I live its pretty dry, not much humidity. And the basement is cool, even in the summer.

So anyway I dug these guys out today and there's no vinyl deterioration at all. In fact they're just as good as the two customs I made with DM tunics.

I guess what I'm saying is what has been said on this forum for awhile now-FTC needs climate control in their warehouse.

Just my 2 cents USD/1.5 cents CAD

Keith
                Last edited by Riderfan; Jul 3, '20, 3:43 PM.
                I've come here to chew bubblegum & kick ***. And I'm all out of bubblegum

(Rowdy Roddy Piper in 'They Live' 1988)

Comment

• palitoy
                  live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                  • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by Random Axe
                  Its crazy reading all of these stories because as much as I order from them for the RandomNoir line I've yet to have any problems. I buy a lot of stuff in bulk, but that shouldn't matter. All orders should be given the same attention to detail regardless of purchase amount. They've been nothing but super cool to me which is why I hate reading the above accounts of what happened.
                  Yeah, I didn't want to sound like "Shill McShillerson" but i ordered figures and parts about 4 times this year and it's been perfect every time.
                  Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                  http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• EMCE Hammer
                    Moderation Engineer
                    • Aug 14, 2003

I've had almost perfect luck over the years, and they fixed what problems I did have which was an omission a couple of times. I do wish they'd just bite the bullet and pitch the pleather stuff that disintegrates as it's taken out of the baggie. It seems the longer that stuff stays in their warehouse the less likely any of it is to viable.

Comment

• hedrap
                      Permanent Member
                      • Feb 10, 2009

Originally posted by thunderbolt
                      who messed it up?
                      My zip code registers as my town or the adjacent one. For some reason, it came up as the other for shipping. It couldn't have been in the billing or my credit card wouldn't have authorized the charge.

My guess is the majority of you guys are getting your stuff shipped Priority. That alone would have stopped this from happening because that provides more tracking info. Because it was First Class, I didn't know it went to the wrong post office until they shipped it back.

I went around with them about shipping costs and they implied they needed to double my rate to pay the guy who put the order together. Just dwell on that one. Now that's on top of wanting to charge me another 6 for Priority to remail it...when Priority is 8+. I just canceled instead. If they want to infer the address mistake was on my end, that's a software automation discussion. But instead of being cool with an extra five and put eight towards shipping, they turned into the newspaper boy from Better Off Dead and pinched me for another two. All I can think is, how bad are they hurting?
                      Last edited by hedrap; Jul 3, '20, 10:11 PM.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                        Hi Ernie!!!
                        • Feb 15, 2004

My zip code registers as my town or the adjacent one. For some reason, it came up as the other for shipping. It couldn't have been in the billing or my credit card wouldn't have authorized the charge.

My guess is the majority of you guys are getting your stuff shipped Priority. That alone would have stopped this from happening because that provides more tracking info. Because it was First Class, I didn't know it went to the wrong post office until they shipped it back.

I went around with them about shipping costs and they implied they needed to double my rate to pay the guy who put the order together. Just dwell on that one. Now that's on top of wanting to charge me another 6 for Priority to remail it...when Priority is 8+. I just canceled instead. If they want to infer the address mistake was on my end, that's a software automation discussion. But instead of being cool with an extra five and put eight towards shipping, they turned into the newspaper boy from Better Off Dead and pinched me for another two. All I can think is, how bad are they hurting?
                        ahh so the wonderful postal service. I think FTC is just a money grubbing place that tries to drain every penny they can get out of customers. Continually hiking prices with no quality improvement, gouging on shipping. And even better whomever is sculpting the heads now has a real problem with the side portrait. All are flat on the back and face. I just got Man-Bat and face front it looks good, turn it to its side just terrible.
                        You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                          Muddling through
                          • Oct 4, 2008

the only real issue I have ever had is some of the stuff just does not fit on the figures. especially some of the rubber boots, sneakers etc. just no way it would ever go on a figure

Comment

• filmation batman fan
                            The Man of Many Voices
                            • Aug 30, 2005

The biggest issue I've ever had with FTC and CTVT is the Scarecrow on the SuperFriends line. While I love most of the SuperFriends figures, the Scarecrow is my biggest issue. I do not like his head. It looks and feels like a small pillow instead of molded plastic. I've never seen a bald scarecrow and his hat is extremely over sized and will NOT stay on. The DC Direct version of the SuperFriends Scarecrow has FTC's figure beat. Also, the mainstream Scarecrow has the same hat problem. Now that one has a molded plastic head, but the hat is oversized and will not stay on. And speaking of hats that won't stay on, the same problem goes for Col. Steve Trevor from the Wonder Woman wave, Chief O Hara from the Batman 66 wave as well as the Bookworm, Mad Hatter and Shame. And finally, Boss Hogg, Sheriff Rosco P Coltrane, Deputies Enos Strate and Cletus Hogg from the Dukes of Hazzard all have the same problem. The only hats I've seen still and in place are the Penguin (Batman 66) and Cooter (Dukes of Hazzard). Also, the shoes for Supergirl, Lois Lane and Barbara Gordon will not stay on. And the molded gloves won't stay on either. I wonder if I need to glue all these items to the figures.

Comment

• Meule
                              Verbose Member
                              • Nov 14, 2004

You want a horror story? How's this.... Bought $200 worth of custom parts from CTVT, paid $50 in shipping and then, after two months of waiting, got slapped with another bill of $90 by customs... import taxes...
                              "...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

• thunderbolt
                                Hi Ernie!!!
                                • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by filmation batman fan
                                The biggest issue I've ever had with FTC and CTVT is the Scarecrow on the SuperFriends line. While I love most of the SuperFriends figures, the Scarecrow is my biggest issue. I do not like his head. It looks and feels like a small pillow instead of molded plastic. I've never seen a bald scarecrow and his hat is extremely over sized and will NOT stay on. The DC Direct version of the SuperFriends Scarecrow has FTC's figure beat. Also, the mainstream Scarecrow has the same hat problem. Now that one has a molded plastic head, but the hat is oversized and will not stay on. And speaking of hats that won't stay on, the same problem goes for Col. Steve Trevor from the Wonder Woman wave, Chief O Hara from the Batman 66 wave as well as the Bookworm, Mad Hatter and Shame. And finally, Boss Hogg, Sheriff Rosco P Coltrane, Deputies Enos Strate and Cletus Hogg from the Dukes of Hazzard all have the same problem. The only hats I've seen still and in place are the Penguin (Batman 66) and Cooter (Dukes of Hazzard). Also, the shoes for Supergirl, Lois Lane and Barbara Gordon will not stay on. And the molded gloves won't stay on either. I wonder if I need to glue all these items to the figures.
                                I have zero problems with the hats in the batman 66 line, they stay put just fine. Now Svengoolie is another matter entirely.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎