• Show
Clear All
  • Hedji
    Citizen of Gotham
    • Nov 17, 2012

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
    We started recording Superman II Movie Minute last week
    Chris
    I can't wait! If anyone hasn't listened to the Superman Movie Minute podcast, what are you waiting for? It'll uplift your day.

Comment

• PNGwynne
      Master of Fowl Play
      • Jun 5, 2008

Enjoyed the podcast immensely. Thanks for the link, Chris.
      WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Brue
        User without title
        • Sep 29, 2005

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
        ^Larson recanted that later in life, unfortunately. In the documentary, "Look Up in the Sky", he says he does believe George killed himself. Unfortunately that documentary is now fairly uncomfortable to watch, because it is produced by Bryan Singer, narrated by Kevin Spacey, and features on-screen interviews with comic writer/historian, Gerard Jones. Yeesh.

On most days, I honestly don't believe Reeves committed suicide. It just doesn't quite add up to me. In addition to the Mannix and Lemon theories, there's also the angle that Reeve had a really bad car accident just a few days prior, and was on strong pain medication, either of which may have put him out of his mind. So even if he did...he may not have meant to under normal circumstances. This was DC editor and Superman TV producer Whitney Ellsworth's theory.

Not to always pimp my podcasts, but Rob Kelly and I discussed Hollywoodland and the mystery around George's death on an episode of The Film and Water Podcast. It may be worth a listen to those interested. http://fireandwaterpodcast.com/podca...hollywoodland/
        On suicide: there are people who die from overdose, or other improper prescription drug use who didn't intend die. This is accidental, but still suicide.
        I like that hollywoodland explored possibilities and left it open. It was a well done movie.
        Not knowing what happened is frustrating, but better than creating a fantasy.

Comment

• Mikey
          Verbose Member
          • Aug 9, 2001

I still remember growing up in the 70's and believing George Reeves died jumping off a building thinking he could really fly.

That rumor was as huge as Cass Elliot choking to death on a ham sandwich

Comment

• ODBJBG
            Permanent Member
            • May 15, 2009

Hollywoodland was a big part of why I wanted to see DC do a retro Superman film. I tend to think Superman works better in the 40s and 50s than he does in modern times. Make it more pulp than modern, depower him a bit and it presents a lot of interesting ideas.

Perhaps someday WB will explore it, especially if the WW84 does good.

Jack Larson seemed to change his opinion on George's death but his story about Toni and the circumstances are all still very odd. That didn't' change.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
              Verbose Member
              • Mar 7, 2004

I still remember growing up in the 70's and believing George Reeves died jumping off a building thinking he could really fly.

That rumor was as huge as Cass Elliot choking to death on a ham sandwich
              The mother of my two best friends swore that was how Reeves died, but I knew better, and actually argued with her about it. She got so mad she was ready to ban me from their house! She believed it totally.

Chris
              sigpic

Comment

• EmergencyIan
                Museum Paramedic
                • Aug 31, 2005

^ I laughed when you told that story in the podcast! Sounded like you were an inch away from never being allowed in that house again!

- Ian
                Rampart, this is Squad 51. How do you read?

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                  Verbose Member
                  • Mar 7, 2004

^I forgot I brought it up there! Yes, she was TICKED!!! She had a short temper, but man, I set it off.

Chris
                  sigpic

Comment

• EmergencyIan
                    Museum Paramedic
                    • Aug 31, 2005

^ Oh man, it sounded like it! You really painted a picture of that scene for me. Yikes! lol Personally, I probably would have avoided that home for a few months after that incident.

- Ian

Comment

• Mr.Marion
                      Permanent Member
                      • Sep 15, 2014

I'm planning on doing a watch through of this series myself. I will take my time and not watch more than an episode or 2 a day.

I watched this show when I was really young I remember an episode where the criminals had kryptonite and Clark Kent was in the room and had to no sell that it was affecting him.

There is a good podcast special on this series. You can really tell Bob Fisher's love for this show.

Comment

• Mr.Marion
                        Permanent Member
                        • Sep 15, 2014

I'm like 8 episodes in it's nice to turn off my phone and enjoy how 50's television was.

The standouts for me have been
                        "Through the Time Barrier"
                        "Great Caesar's Ghost"
                        "Test of a Warrior"

Comment

• Hedji
                          Citizen of Gotham
                          • Nov 17, 2012

^ That's awesome. Exactly what I plan to do. I just devoured the Adventures of Captain Marvel 1941 serial, which was itself very entertaining.

Comment

• apes3978
                            Permanent Member
                            • Nov 19, 2005

I haven't seen an episode of "Superman" since probably the 80s when the local independent TV station aired it... (They no longer exist, they've been a Fox affiliate for years now...)

Comment

• Megotastrophe
                              Permanent Member
                              • Jun 29, 2018

H&I was running GR Superman on Saturday mornings along with Batman 66 and Green Hornet. Very saddened to see that lineup stop.

Comment

• EmergencyIan
                                Museum Paramedic
                                • Aug 31, 2005

Originally posted by Megotastrophe
                                H&I was running GR Superman on Saturday mornings along with Batman 66 and Green Hornet. Very saddened to see that lineup stop.
                                Followed by Tarzan with Ron Ely. That was a fun Saturday morning line-up. It just went “poof.”

- Ian

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎