X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Werewolf
    Inhuman
    • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by jwyblejr
    So it's bad that Mego is doing Facts of Life but good that Neca is doing Golden Girls?
    I don't think it's bad It's not really comparable either. The fan base for Golden Girls is enormous and has a ravenous appetite for merchandise. I'm not interested in either show but there is no denying Golden Girls is hugely popular.
    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• Mego Newbie14
      Veteran Member
      • Jul 25, 2018

Originally posted by Werewolf
      I don't think it's bad It's not really comparable either. The fan base for Golden Girls is enormous and has a ravenous appetite for merchandise. I'm not interested in either show but there is no denying Golden Girls is hugely popular.
      Werewolf is right about the fan base. I showed my mom and cousin pictures of the upcoming dolls and they both flipped. My mom even reminded me her birthday is coming up when looking at them lol.

Comment

• Capt_Kirk
        Career Member
        • Nov 22, 2011

Originally posted by Mego Newbie14
        Spockoda, thank you for letting me know I'm not the only one who would like Night Court made.
        I would love to have Night Court figures. Christine was SO HOT!
        "May fortune favor the foolish"

Comment

• Capt_Kirk
          Career Member
          • Nov 22, 2011

Originally posted by Hedji
          Just gotta remember, these are $15 dolls.
          "Ahem, they're action figures sir"

Comment

• Mego Newbie14
            Veteran Member
            • Jul 25, 2018

Originally posted by Capt_Kirk
            I would love to have Night Court figures. Christine was SO HOT!
            Ah yes Markie Post

Comment

• Capt_Kirk
              Career Member
              • Nov 22, 2011

For we Markie fans...
              b821e7d78b331351cbec3f62ac8e7d39.jpg
              markie.jpg
              Markie-Post-8x10-to-24x36-Photo-Poster-Canvas.jpg
              markie post nice.jpg
              Markie_Post.jpg

Comment

• J.B.
                Guild Navigator
                • Jun 23, 2010

Hey Kirk, put your phaser away. We get it.
                You are transparent; I see many things... I see plans within plans.

Comment

• Mary Canary
                  Career Member
                  • Jun 21, 2017

Do you know what drives me nuts? The negative ranting with no proper punctuation. If you have legit gripes, fine. If you have suggestions for improvements or a wish list, fine. But if all you're going to do is ramble without using any periods, you'll have a harder time swaying the Powers That Be. At least, that's my opinion. Also all of the people stating Mego isn't selling or Marty Abrams is a couple years too late to the party. Do these people have actual sales numbers? How do they know product hasn't been replenished in between their visits to Target? And are Mego figures selling any slower than other toy lines? It's like some people have made up their minds the new Mego is a failure without any facts and without showing any support for the figures they do like! It's annoying. I hope waves 2 and 3 knock their socks off!

Comment

• palitoy
                    live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                    • Jun 16, 2001

Heh, yeah the punctuation but also this pattern:

I love that mego is back BUT (long rambling insult) and you should (stupid licensing ideas).
                    Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                    http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• PNGwynne
                      Master of Fowl Play
                      • Jun 5, 2008

We have one newer member here whose punctuation is all over the map and I don't know what he means half the time. I don't mean to be snobbish (okay, maybe a little), but it triggers my proofreading training.
                      WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
                        Often invisible
                        • Jul 18, 2002

Originally posted by palitoy
                        Heh, yeah the punctuation but also this pattern:

I love that mego is back BUT (long rambling insult) and you should (stupid licensing ideas).
                        Yeah. I like "It's stupid that Mego is doing (current Mego license)! They should do (worse license idea)."
                        Expectation is the death of discovery.

Comment

• ZMOQ
                          Museum Super Collector
                          • Jun 1, 2010

Originally posted by Hedji
                          Just gotta remember, these are $15 dolls. I think they are an incredible bargain. There is so much range in offerings, I feel like there's something for everyone, of all age groups. I freed Action Jackson from his card today, and am completely impressed by the heft, quality of build, poseability. He feels sturdier than any of my vintage megos.

I'm sure Marty and Co. know what they get right and what needs improvement as soon as they get the toys from the factory, even without customer feedback. Doc Mego probably is the best barometer Mego Corp. could ask for. I have no doubt they are able to identify hits and misses without facebook.

We have MEGO on the shelves, at real stores, at great prices. It's pretty unbelievable. I buy the ones I like, and am quite happy. I hope Action Jackson sells through really well, because I'd love to see more of that kind of non-licensed toy from them. He's a home run.
                          Would LOVE to see the return of Action Jackson clothing and accessory packs! He comes with a pistol, but nowhere to put it! Remember that rubber shoulder holster that came with one of the packs? Need more!

Comment

• Mary Canary
                            Career Member
                            • Jun 21, 2017

^ I think it would be cool to see some accessories, vehicles, or playsets once they get going. The monsters and Trek are perfect for this, but wouldn't it be fun to get a blue and white Mustang with exclusive Farrah figure?

Comment

• pickermall
                              • Aug 12, 2018

Originally posted by Mary Canary
                              ^ I think it would be cool to see some accessories, vehicles, or playsets once they get going. The monsters and Trek are perfect for this, but wouldn't it be fun to get a blue and white Mustang with exclusive Farrah figure?
                              I would LOVE to see a Lost In Space set (classic... not the movie or the Netflix drivel)... with Jupiter 2 and Chariot...

Comment

• MIB41
                                Eloquent Member
                                • Sep 25, 2005

I think there IS a time and place to point out potential problems (tactfully) for the sake of the hobby. One does not get to the collector realm without some degree of passion, especially if it's linked to our childhoods. But if no one can have that dialogue without someone grading it's merits for being either too negative or too positive, then we don't have a conversation that benefits anyone. Like anything, it's how you say it. But even saying it well will not remove the connotation nor the attitudes of people who simply want a one-note commentary track.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎