Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • palitoy
    live. laugh. lisa needs braces
    • Jun 16, 2001

I'm firmly in a "no further purchases" hold until they ease up on control.

MANY things I want right now but the shipping to Canada is unreasonable and I will wait and see if I buy anything going forward. Hopefully they loosen the reins on EE.
    Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
    http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• EMCE Hammer
      Moderation Engineer
      • Aug 14, 2003

Originally posted by MIB41
      Yep. That's me exactly. These days I just order my favorites from these lots. I have a fun mixed bag of figures coming from these sets. I'm thinking about putting Lil D back in front of the camera for these. They're really fun licenses and I think he would love them. Especially Space Ghost!
      My problem is that I want everything there:-( I didn't mind passing on variation this or that of the heroes or KISS, or stooges. I like just about everything shown in the newsletter this week. Ivy needs a new head, and maybe Barry Allen, but all in all I want it all. That's a big chunk of change. My Christmas list is basically done.

Comment

• rodkeith
        Veteran Member
        • Mar 16, 2008

Originally posted by EMCE Hammer
        My problem is that I want everything there:-( I didn't mind passing on variation this or that of the heroes or KISS, or stooges. I like just about everything shown in the newsletter this week. Ivy needs a new head, and maybe Barry Allen, but all in all I want it all. That's a big chunk of change. My Christmas list is basically done.
        And it's only March!

I'm with palitoy. The shipping and exchange jump the cost outrageously for Canucks. Gone are the days of buying doubles, and/or special packaging.

Going forward, variants are largely going to be off the table, and it'll also be about selectivity in a wave, picking the best, rather than "ehh, I'll just get 'em all".

Besides that-- some amazing customs this week!
        Last edited by rodkeith; Mar 10, '17, 8:27 PM.

Comment

• PNGwynne
          Master of Fowl Play
          • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by palitoy
          I'm firmly in a "no further purchases" hold until they ease up on control.

MANY things I want right now but the shipping to Canada is unreasonable and I will wait and see if I buy anything going forward. Hopefully they loosen the reins on EE.
          Why are they abandoning other retailers anyway?
          WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• ScottA
            Original Member
            • Jun 25, 2001

I haven't bought any FTC since last Mego Meet, which is where I like to get them. Hopefully someone will have some I'm looking for there this year.

I do appreciate the Amalgams getting kudos. I've actually finished 4 more (3 shown at MM and one new one).
            sigpic WANTED: Boxed, Carded and Kresge Carded WGSH

Comment

• TRDouble
              Permanent Member
              • Jul 10, 2012

Originally posted by PNGwynne
              Not sure who is abandoning who, because Big Bad Toy Store has these up for Pre-Order and hasn't missed a single figure yet. They just don't always sell them individually.

Comment

• MIB41
                Eloquent Member
                • Sep 25, 2005

Originally posted by PNGwynne
                FTC did this because their vendors were essentially undercutting their shelf prices which meant they were creating their own competition and losing out on the chief profit that comes from that primary demographic that buys their product at release. The long term impact was devaluing their product when vendors discounted them early to push inventories. I can speak to that as a consumer because last year I bought very little brand new because I knew particular people on the web would slash prices and they did. I bought a huge portion of the Kresge carded figures for between $12 and $15.00.

But lets be honest here. This is a VERY niche market and FTC creates more volume than the demand can absorb. At least those are the appearances. That's why people like me could easily hunt down bargain basement prices three to six months after product was released, which means the vendors were bleeding on these deals too. So I guess it might be prudent to flip that perspective and ask if maybe FTC pulled back because the trend suggested vendors were not ordering their product as much anymore. When you have to withdraw from the vendors you sell to, those are some troubled waters. They're essentially rolling the dice because at least with selling to vendors they already guaranteed the wholesale purchase before it hit shelves. Now they're betting a direct sell to the consumer will make up that difference, plus some. Of course they still have certain vendors they do specialty sells for, but I think most of us regard that stuff as internal custom bashing. And maybe this is the only way they can stay afloat. I can only assume business needs dictate these actions. It's amazing we can now buy a new Batcave, Batmobile, Batcycle, and even a Batlab. I never would have dared dreamt this six or seven years ago. I hope that business model works. Nobody else would dare try this. The financial risks are too high.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                  Master of Fowl Play
                  • Jun 5, 2008

Fair enough. They're putting out some great stuff and I've said as much. But, the gaffes have been glaring and frankly continual--that may be another reason collectors tried to find them less expensively. A $15 figure with production flaws may be more appealing than one at $35. There's a certain irony in the fact that FTC is choosing to alter its marketing but not its production frequency or designs.
                  Last edited by PNGwynne; Mar 12, '17, 9:40 AM.
                  WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• EMCE Hammer
                    Moderation Engineer
                    • Aug 14, 2003

Happy Friday http://us9.campaign-archive1.com/?u=...9&e=ce704b24aa

Comment

• Mego Milk
                      Custom Mego Maker
                      • Jun 3, 2007

Mister J!

Comment

• Brown Bear
                        Still Old School
                        • Feb 14, 2008

I hope they sell that new Joker silk screened suit. I'm sure I could find use for that. Curious why some of these new heads look shiny?? Same with the Trickster. Maybe it's just the lighting.
                        Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

• rodkeith
                          Veteran Member
                          • Mar 16, 2008

Thanks! That 1969 Catwoman looks phenomenal! Also, love the customs as usual, especially Black Canary.

Comment

• TRDouble
                            Permanent Member
                            • Jul 10, 2012

My second favorite Catwoman costume! Right behind Batman Series 5's Catwoman costume!

The all-black Batman seems to suffer from the fate of the Series 4 Batman with those shiny, silk shorts. Bummer.

Comment

• palitoy
                              live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                              • Jun 16, 2001

I was kind of expecting a pimped out Toy Biz style Joker but this one is very cool as well.

BTW are these showing up on Ebay? I'm in Canada so this link to Excelsior is always blank.

Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                              http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• TRDouble
                                Permanent Member
                                • Jul 10, 2012

No links for the new Excelsior stuff yet.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎