Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TrekStar
    Trek or Treat
    • Jan 20, 2011

I have a Harry Mudd custom and the likeness of the character is pretty darn close, I have to go back to some earlier
    emails to be sure who I got the sculpt from, Austin maybe? but those who want to do a Col. Gumm can use that sculpt
    and the outfit was basically a dress shirt with necktie, and pink jumpsuit with black shoes.

Comment

• thunderbolt
      Hi Ernie!!!
      • Feb 15, 2004

yep, its Austin, I need to get one from him eventually.
      You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• nobody
        banjo!
        • Jan 26, 2012

Head by Austin, Suit dyed by me. My Paints... I tried crazy eyes like in the pics I see of him.
        [IMG][/IMG]

Comment

• PNGwynne
          Master of Fowl Play
          • Jun 5, 2008

What coverall is that from, for Gumm?
          WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• nobody
            banjo!
            • Jan 26, 2012

Originally posted by PNGwynne
            What coverall is that from, for Gumm?
            I bought a bunch of the SDCC Peter Venkman's a few years ago. 8 bucks a piece. I just strip the color and redye.

Comment

• JWLJN
              Veteran Member
              • May 7, 2013

Has anyone come up with a good umbrella for Pengy?

-J\/\/
              http://wrestlingmemorabilia.blogspot.com

https://www.facebook.com/JWsWrestlingMemorabilia

Comment

• PNGwynne
                Master of Fowl Play
                • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by megoknight
                I bought a bunch of the SDCC Peter Venkman's a few years ago. 8 bucks a piece. I just strip the color and redye.
                Thanks, I have several ideas...
                WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                  Master of Fowl Play
                  • Jun 5, 2008

Regarding umbrellas:

IMO, you're not going to want to use a Dr. Killinger one.

A very good one is from the Laurel & Hardy Exclusive Premiere figures from the late '90s. Dr. Mego sells copies of these.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                    Hi Ernie!!!
                    • Feb 15, 2004

I think the Killinger one works well. I'd like a functional one, but this does nicely

Regarding umbrellas:

IMO, you're not going to want to use a Dr. Killinger one.

A very good one is from the Laurel & Hardy Exclusive Premiere figures from the late '90s. Dr. Mego sells copies of these.
                    You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                      Verbose Member
                      • Mar 7, 2004

Since I finally got my series one figures (see my "Geeky Christmas Swag" thread here ), I was able to open Series 2 up and have some fun with these things. The quality on the sculpts and the clothing is really nice. I didn't have any real problems with the bodies, just the usual limitations of the Mego form. I may swap some of them out for Type S bodies at some point, just for added poseability.

Even things that kind of bothered me in-package like the dark lips don't bother me so much out of the package, although I'm glad they backed off of this in series 2. The Joker, Penguin and Egghead are the current stand-outs for me, with Dick Grayson being close behind. Bruce and Batman are nice, with Riddler being the only swing and a miss for me, but I think the paint is throwing the sculpt off. I'm sure we'll get another Gorshin sculpt down the line.

Overall, very pleased with what we've got so far, and looking forward to the next new characters. Not interested in variants for space reasons.

Chris
                      sigpic

Comment

• nobody
                        banjo!
                        • Jan 26, 2012

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
                        Since I finally got my series one figures (see my "Geeky Christmas Swag" thread here ), I was able to open Series 2 up and have some fun with these things. The quality on the sculpts and the clothing is really nice. I didn't have any real problems with the bodies, just the usual limitations of the Mego form. I may swap some of them out for Type S bodies at some point, just for added poseability.

Even things that kind of bothered me in-package like the dark lips don't bother me so much out of the package, although I'm glad they backed off of this in series 2. The Joker, Penguin and Egghead are the current stand-outs for me, with Dick Grayson being close behind. Bruce and Batman are nice, with Riddler being the only swing and a miss for me, but I think the paint is throwing the sculpt off. I'm sure we'll get another Gorshin sculpt down the line.

Overall, very pleased with what we've got so far, and looking forward to the next new characters. Not interested in variants for space reasons.

Chris
                        I'd like to see Dwayne take a stab at a repaint of Riddler to see if it's the sculpt or not.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                          Master of Fowl Play
                          • Jun 5, 2008

I don't care for the Killinger color or sculpt, but that's just me.

Also, I think FTC has a golden opportunity in doing a Villains' Accessory set, as well as perhaps a build-a-henchman set. Penguin, Joker, Freeze, & Catwoman had consistent, distinctive henchmen.

Originally posted by thunderbolt
                          I think the Killinger one works well. I'd like a functional one, but this does nicely
                          Last edited by PNGwynne; Dec 28, '14, 11:27 AM.

Comment

• JediJaida
                            Talkative Member
                            • Jun 14, 2008

The color of the Riddler sculpt is a tad too pale, the lips are too dark, and the eyes are the wrong color. All of those tend to throw off the sculpt itself, which is not a bad likeness of Gorshin.

However, they could have done better, and hopefully they will if they ever do him in the green suit with the bowler.
                            JediJaida

Comment

• dr_cyclops
                              One eyed, wonder
                              • Dec 17, 2009

The 66 Riddler head sculpt/paint op, reminds me of something that happen to my wife with her roller derby team.
                              My wife designs 'Logos' as I. After completing a roller derby team logo, it was taken from there by another team mate to be used to make uniform shirts. First mistake this member made was choosing a size too large for the shirt. To cover this mistake and second mistake was made. In order to fit this size logo onto the shirt, it was decided to angle the logo to fit. This caused the logo to go from the right ribcage toward the left shoulder.
                              Once the shirts were completed and the girls tried them on, it was quickly apparent that the right breast, covered the start of the logo. My wife comes home to me and says, I messed up on the logo. I respond; Really? She puts on the shirt, and says; Can you see it? I saw it, and told her, she didn't mess up. Who made the shirts, needs basic training in design placement.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                                Hi Ernie!!!
                                • Feb 15, 2004

I don't care for the Killinger color or sculpt, but that's just me.

Also, I think FTC has a golden opportunity in doing a Villains' Accessory set, as well as perhaps a build-a-henchman set. Penguin, Joker, Freeze, & Catwoman had consistent, distinctive henchmen.
                                the color I fixed, that's an old pic.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎